super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Ranger Reject is the objectively better title

go-go-loser-rangers.jpg

www.animenewsnetwork.com

'Go, Go, Loser Ranger!' TV Anime Unveils 1st Promo Video, Visual, Cast, 2024 Premiere

Yūsuke Kobayashi, Daishi Kajita, Yumika Yano star // The official website for the television anime of Negi Haruba's Go, Go, Loser Ranger! (Sentai Daishikkaku)...

What is this series?
Thirteen years ago, the Villainous Army of evil attempted to invade Earth, faced by the super sentai squadron known as the Dragon Keepers, and their super weapons, the Divine Tools. The evil army, however, was defeated within a year, all of its executives wiped out, and the surviving (and almost immortal) foot soldiers have been forced ever since to reenact their defeat to the Keepers in front of a crowd of spectators every Sunday. Tired of the charade, and realizing that this amounts to little more than slavery, one of the foot soldiers rebels, and decides he will defeat the Dragon Keepers by infiltrating the organization.

Cast:
Yūsuke Kobayashi as Fighter D (also known as Footsoldier D or just D)
Daishi Kajita as Hibiki Sakurama
Yumika Yano as Yumeko Suzukiri

The manga is real fuckin' good and I look forward to seeing everything animated and in color.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17FpOu_2I04

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Oh my God why did they change the name?

Ranger reject makes so much more sense.

Dumb. Manga is fantastic though.

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
never heard of this but will get to finding the manga asap - sounds hilarious lol

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
i've read like the 1st chapter or something back when it just released
so this is actually not a harem or a romcom? because i know the mangaka is the creator of 5 toubun no hanayome

OP
OP
super-famicom

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
i've read like the 1st chapter or something back when it just released
so this is actually not a harem or a romcom? because i know the mangaka is the creator of 5 toubun no hanayome

It's not a harem/romcom at all. It's a battle shonen riffing on the sentai genre but with very well written characters and some excellent plot moments. I don't have enough hands to count the number of "oh shit" moments that occur.

Feb 16, 2022
Yeah dumb name given the actual premise of the series. I hope people will give it a chance, it's much better than what that title suggests it is lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Ranger Reject was made by the fans. It's essentially a translation of Sentai Daishikkaku.
Whoever thought of "Go Go Loser Ranger" was foolish to think that would catch on.

But yeah, it's a good series from what I've read.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I've just started reading the manga and found it to be pretty great so far. I think that what excites me the most about the anime is that Keiichi Sato of The Big O and Tiger & Bunny fame is directing it.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I like the premise.

How long is the manga? And is it on Amazon or at Barnes & Noble? Or should I just wait to be surprised by the anime?

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Never read either but always get a chuckle when im reminded the author went straight from a harem series to this. The whiplash is amusing if nothing else.

Mr Villains Day Off has an anime next year too, so bumper year for sentai-esque anime

Manga Availability Info
OP
OP
super-famicom

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I like the premise.

How long is the manga? And is it on Amazon or at Barnes & Noble? Or should I just wait to be surprised by the anime?

The manga is currently ongoing, Right now the latest chapter is 112 (Vol. 12) iirc. I think the physical tankobon is at Vol 11, but it's serialized and published in Kodansha Shonen Weekly, so it just rolled over to the start of a new volume.

Amazon and Barnes & Noble do carry it, but then English version is only up to Vol. 9 at the moment.
(Vol 1 is $0.99 for the Kindle edition)

go, go, loser ranger

Receive free shipping with your Barnes & Noble Membership.

You can also read it online here (first two chapters are free, third chapter free with account). I'm unsure if it's available on one of the manga apps out there.
kodansha.us

Go! Go! Loser Ranger!

<b>WHO IS THE HERO… AND WHO IS THE VILLAIN?</b><br><br>When the Monster Army invaded Earth thirteen years ago, the Divine Dragon Rangers rose up to stop them! With the war raging on, these great heroes are mankind’s last hope!<br><br><i>…or are they?</i><br><br>In truth, the invaders were...

Last edited:

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Great series. The official name is complete ass because there must be some real idiots at Kodansha, but its quality.

I do think the pacing in the first big arc was a bit slow, though, so this would be a great opportunity to improve on that

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
The manga is currently ongoing, Right now the latest chapter is 112 (Vol. 12) iirc. I think the physical tankobon is at Vol 11, but it's serialized and published in Kodansha Shonen Weekly, so it just rolled over to the start of a new volume.

Amazon and Barnes & Noble do carry it, but then English version is only up to Vol. 9 at the moment.
(Vol 1 is $0.99 for the Kindle edition)

go, go, loser ranger

Receive free shipping with your Barnes & Noble Membership.

You can also read it online here (first two chapters are free, third chapter free with account). I'm unsure if it's available on one of the manga apps out there.
kodansha.us

Go! Go! Loser Ranger!

<b>WHO IS THE HERO… AND WHO IS THE VILLAIN?</b><br><br>When the Monster Army invaded Earth thirteen years ago, the Divine Dragon Rangers rose up to stop them! With the war raging on, these great heroes are mankind’s last hope!<br><br><i>…or are they?</i><br><br>In truth, the invaders were...
A dollar is worth it to at least check out. I spent more than that on GODS #1 lmao.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Haven't read the manga yet but everything about this series is up my alley... except the title, good lord.

SpiralEngine

Jul 6, 2023
will y'all be mad at me if I say I kinda like the title……

even the sentai parodies can't escape MMPR fixation

Yeah, if I were to put on my marketer's cap, I feel like the title is fine, considering most people's familiarity with tokusatsu stuff in the US begins and ends with Power Rangers. "Ranger Reject" at least has that alliteration going on, but the "Go! Go!" at the beginning gives the layman a better feeling for what the series is probably about at a quick glance.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Nah, I totally get why the official title is named that way. I just much prefer Ranger Reject. It rolls off the tongue more easily and I feel it resonates way more with Footsoldier D and his story.

I think Ranger Reject works better for the story and the character, but I like the sound of Go Go Loser Ranger a lot more to be honest - like it definitely caught my attention more.

For some reason Ranger Reject just doesn't like, immediately make sense in my head as a title even though it's pretty obvious what it means haha

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
It's not a harem/romcom at all. It's a battle shonen riffing on the sentai genre but with very well written characters and some excellent plot moments. I don't have enough hands to count the number of "oh shit" moments that occur.
props to the mangaka for managing to successfully change genre

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
The series like kinda like The Boys right?
Where the sentai heroes are actually dickheads and evil?

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I read a couple early chapters. Interesting premise but I wasn't too into the characters aside from the protagonist. I'll give the anime a watch though.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
My bad for the late response, trailer for this looks pretty good! I'll prolly wait for the anime first, and then dive into the manga afterwards if I end up really liking it

haha, all good! It starts a little slow but after a few chapters I was hooked and then a bit later I was a true believer. I'm excited to see the anime so hope you like it and if so we'll definitely have stuff to discuss

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
You know, i like Tokusatsu, have seen Super Sentai, Ultraman and Kamen Rider alongside Garou, shows from the 70's and...i haven't read a single page from this.

Just for petty reasons, i hate that we are finally getting a Super Sentai anime, that a Tokusatsu based manga that isn't comedy or related to a big franchise got popular...and it's a damn "The heroes are secretly evil and the biggest jerks in the world while the bad guys are not that bad and have to stop them!" which is...why the hell couldn't we get a proper Super Sentai series first before this?

Every time i hear about this i keep thinking "Super Sentai and Power Rangers has been going on for decades, it's popular, it's about super heroes with power armor doing flashy moves fighting monsters and there are giant robots too...why hasn't this been animated!?" and the moment something close to it happens...it's a series where the Rangers are absolutely the bad guys, like, if there had been a proper Sentai show before, i wouldn't mind.

...I will still eventually read or watch this once i get over my pettiness, i guess i will just need to have hope that the Red Ranger Isekai series gets adapted into an anime, since there is one like that, and the Red Ranger is a genuine hero with a giant robot going out to fight demons in the new world he's in while making friends and helping people...also making it quite clear his team was nothing but heroic, maybe if Ranger Reject gets popular, maybe my dream of a Super Sentai show with an actually heroic team will happen rather than a deconstruction or "The Boys" like show...

At least people seem to like this so the series doesn't seem to suck.

iidx

Oct 28, 2017
Reminds me of an anime from a while back that I enjoyed. I remember the people following the show having a meltdown at what happened during episode 6 or 8, and how the tone shifted and ultimately became a Super Sentai style show towards the last half: Samurai Flamenco

Thank you all for bringing this show up. Excited to watch and read the manga.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All I hope is that more people pick up the series due to the anime.

One of my current favorite manga, but seems to not be all that popular in Japan, despite the mangaka having a very popular series on his belt previously.

Reminds me of the Samurai 8 situation with the Naruto mangaka in how much this doesn't really sell well. Would have probably been canned already if it was published by WSJ and their cancel happy asses.

Divine Dragon Ranger casting
OP
OP
super-famicom

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
www.animenewsnetwork.com

'Go, Go, Loser Ranger!' Anime's Video Reveals Divine Dragon Rangers' Cast

Yūichi Nakamura, Go Inoue, Kensho Ono, Kousuke Toriumi, M.A.O join cast

The official website for the television anime of Negi Haruba's Go, Go, Loser Ranger! (Sentai Daishikkaku) manga revealed a new version of last month's promotional video on Tuesday, adding 45 seconds of footage in the beginning to introduce the cast members for the Divine Dragon Rangers.

Yūichi Nakamura as Red Keeper
Go Inoue as Blue Keeper
Kensho Ono as Yellow Keeper
Kousuke Toriumi as Green Keeper
M.A.O as Pink Keeper

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjWJKB_ZrKI

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

harleyvwarren

Oct 31, 2022
Illinois