Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England

Hello and welcome to the annual game of the year festivities! Pat yourself on the back because you made it through another year! Sit back and relax as we celebrate the finest in the world of video games. A time where we get to say our piece on a game only to find out that it doesn't hang and it gets fucked off the list. But that's the fun of it all as alliances form in between celebrating the best and worst the year has to offer. It's going to be a good time. I will preface this by saying that any and all lists from any one person is of their own opinion. There is no need for you to lose your sanity if their list differs from yours. There is plenty of good shit to choose from so be glad you have that choice!

jxU9Ht2.gif

We went through a lot with Giant Bomb and forged some wonderful memories this year that I would like to remind everyone about. Jeff found out if Garfield really fucks or not, Dan may have found that MG was a mistake, Dan & Vinny finished Jackal in two episodes and moved onto to conquer(it took a while!) Contra: Hard Corps, We made a mess during the summer as we built a car, We went on a couple of dates with Ben & Abby, In-between Abby's killing spree a giant toilet was made, Vinny was trapped in his home with a bunch of FMV games, Rival Schools is #1 on the only list that matters, Tiger Woods still does his voice work in libraries, legends say that the people working at CBS could still hear the words "FUCKING CLAP, BITCH!", The west crew went on a mystical adventure, The Labo does not fuck, Fuck Fatty Bear, Warioware Megaparty games is the Beck-ham of videogames, Vinnystania.....(yeah that's it), Kessler mastered the ways of the L A N G, Boyes/Lang/Vignocchi for one last time, The rise and rise of anime, We got a site redesign, Alex & Vinny finally embarked on a quest of space fuckin', Jason & Ben rediscovered the magic of God Hand, Shame that Fuzion Frenzy never had a 50-turn party mode, Spider-Man does not know how to suck something, BALL GOD, vinnybig.pmp, legends also say that the the people working at CBS are also still hearing screaming, Alex saved the kids while drumming for 24 hours!, The new James Bond is actually Dan, we experienced Rorie's phase 3, we learned about the secret of The Quiet Man, 174,256$ was raised for charity this year. A total of 316,000$ raised for charity so far.

I would also like to shoutout the wonderful, passionate GB community(you know who you are) on here because I wouldn't have been here if it weren't for them. As I was making this thread I went back to my previous GOTY thread and noticed how bloated it was due to my excitement for a GB GOTY festivities on a new site. Having said that, it led to people never visiting the OP which I always kept updating with anything and everything that concerns GOTY. So, this year it'll be a much tighter and cleaner OP. This will also benefit people in the future who want to catch up. I will of course be updating the OP on a daily basis. Now, let's have fun & happy holidays!

LhLH4tf.png

---

9Prsj79.png

fR1lfUX.png

GAME OF THE YEAR 2018: DAY ONE DELIBERATIONS
Our 2018 awards feature begins at the beginning, with a deep dive on the list of games that mattered to us this year.

Pedro's Day 1 Timestamps!
Day 1 Highlights!

---

cjAVPPL.png

Game of the Year 2018: Day Two Deliberations
It's day two, and we're plowing through another huge chunk of 2018's most notable games on our way to the awards.

Pedro's Day 2 Timestamps!
Day 2 Highlights!

---

81R7mHR.png

Game of the Year 2018: Day Three Deliberations
Day three sees us rounding out 2018 with discussions of the year end's heavy hitters. On to the awards!

Pedro's Day 3 Timestamps!
Day 3 highlights!

---

vIrW72p.png

Game of the Year 2018: Day Four Deliberations
Our first day of awards includes Best Styyyyyyyle, Best Music, Best Debut, Hottest Mess, and Best Moment or Sequence

Pedro's Day 4 Timestamps!
Day 4 Highlights!

---

T4Nuwl2.png

Game of the Year 2018: Day Five Deliberations
This is it, our discussions around Best Story, Best Ongoing Game, Best Looking, Most Disappointing, and our top 10 games of the year.

Pedro's Day 5 Timestamps!
Day 5 Highlights!

---

ALh3VUW.png

Here's What Won
Here's your handy pocket guide to the winners and nominees for Giant Bomb's Game of the Year 2018.

JCJU62d.png

Holiday Specialtacular: Winter Games 2018
Holiday Specialtacular: Blind Create-A-Sim Part 1
Holiday Specialtacular: Blind Create-A-Sim Part 2
Holiday Specialtacular: Giant Rom 5
Holiday Specialtacular: Mario Party Party 11
Holiday Specialtacular: Millennials React to GameSpot 2004
Holiday Specialtacular: Smashing Through the Snow!
Holiday Specialtacular: Hitsmas 2018

QQzXR4A.png

erMuiKB.png

Will Smith's Top 10 Games of 2018
Pat Baer's Top 10 Games of 2018
Kahlief Adams' Top 10 Games of 2018
Mary Kish's Top 5 Games of 2018
Maffew's Top 10 Games He Played in 2018
Alex Zandra Van Chestein's Top 10 Games of 2018
Bryan Intihar's Top Games of 2018
Rami Ismail's Top 10 Games of 2018
No Goblin's Top 10 Games of 2018
Matt Pascual's Top 7 Games of 2018
Greg Miller's Top 10 Games of 2018
Xeecee's Top 10 Soundtracks of 2018
BAKOON's Top 10 Games of 2018
Rich Gallup's Memorable Games of 2018
Samantha Kalman's Top 10 Games of 2018
Sébastien Bénard's Top 10 Games of 2018
Jack Gallagher's Top 10 Games of 2018
Drew Scanlon's Top 10 Games of 2018
John "Cowboy" Bellomy's Top 10 Games of 2018
ZODIAC MOTHERFUCKER's Top 10 Games That Pissed Him Off in 2018
Bruno Dias' Top 10 Games of 2018
Colin Spacetwinks' Top 10 Games of 2018
Felix Kramer's Top 10 Games of 2018
Dave Lang's List of Games He Liked in 2018
Nina Freeman's Top 10 Games of 2018
Aaron Stewart-Ahn's Top 10 Games of 2018
Chris Grant's Top 10 Games of 2018
Danny O'Dwyer's Top 10 Games of 2018
Soha E's Top 10 Games of 2018
Trevor Strunk's Top 10 Games of 2018
Scott Benson's Top 10 Games of 2018
Lena Raine's Top 6 Games of 2018
Erica Lahaie's Top 9 Soundtracks of 2018
SWERY's Top 10 Games of 2018
Ron Funches' Top 10 Games of 2018
Jeff Bakalar's Top 10 Games of 2018
Casey Malone's Top 10 Games of 2018
Ed Boon's Top 10 Games of 2018
Leon Chang's Top 8 Games of 2018
Mike Drucker's Top 10 Games of 2018
Subset Games' Top 10 Games of 2018
Keita Takahashi's Top 3 Games of 2002
Greg Kasavin's Top 10 Games of 2018
Kenny Omega and Xavier Woods' Top 10 Games of 2018
---

J41NJob.gif

Last edited:

Borowski

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Jun 24, 2018
It's more like "Strawberries vs Cells", as i don't think the two games from OT's title have any chance of taking it home

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Cowboys vs Gods? I highly doubt either of those will win. Hell with the way some of them bounced off RDR2 I'm wondering if it even cracks the top 10. (though it's my personal GOTY)

Anyways looking forward to these as always, mostly for the under-cards and long-winding arguments. It's usually pretty enjoyable content.

Oct 27, 2017
Cowboys vs Gods? I highly doubt either of those will win. Hell with the way some of them bounced off RDR2 I'm wondering if it even cracks the top 10. (though it's my personal GOTY)

Anyways looking forward to these as always, mostly for the under-cards and long-winding arguments. It's usually pretty enjoyable content.

It'll definitely rank, and I'll bet pretty high too if Brad is behind it. Definitely won't hit top though. I'm betting Celeste or Tetris will win.

Borowski

Banned
Jun 24, 2018

Other categories are pretty fun, such as "best cast of characters" and "best moments"

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
It's more like "Strawberries vs Cells", as i don't think the two games from OT's title have any chance of taking it home
More people have actually played and finished God of War. They even did a spoilercast for it(the only game they did for this year). My guess is an alliance will be formed to push God of War to knock RDR2 off the GOTY spot because that's the only game that I feel that could go head to head with RDR2. While Jeff did not finish the game at least he enjoyed what he played of it, unlike RDR2. Brad is super passionate about RDR2 in a way I haven't seen him been this passionate for a game in a long ass time.

Dracoonian

Dec 6, 2017
I have strong doubts about RDR2. I think only Brad and Abby has strong opinions on it. Jeff and Dan's arguments will be stronger.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I look forward to the massive amount of bitching when RDR2 either gets higher or lower in their list than people expect.

No really though, they're just fun podcasts and videos. Don't take them so seriously you crazies, listen to them and have fun.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
These predictions are as good as the people who thought BOTW wouldn't make the list last year

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I'll just be happy when Jason gets MHW on the list.

It won't be #1, but I'm fine with that.

Borowski

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
More people have actually played and finished God of War. They even did a spoilercast for it(the only game they did for this year). My guess is an alliance will be formed to push God of War to knock RDR2 off the GOTY spot because that's the only game that I feel that could go head to head with RDR2. While Jeff did not finish the game at least he enjoyed what he played of it, unlike RDR2. Brad is super passionate about RDR2 in a way I haven't seen him been this passionate for a game in a long ass time.

Idk, they lover their indies, especially Abby, Ben and Alex.

And i don't think some of them are hot on GoW. Jeff hated RDR 2, so i assume it is out of question for the number one spot.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to mature, knowledgeable debates based on facts and reason and a mature, kind reactions from the fans.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Idk, they lover their indies, especially Abby, Ben and Alex.

And i don't think some of them are hot on GoW. Jeff hated RDR 2, so i assume it is out of question for the number one spot.
That's exactly the point. The hate for RDR2 from Jeff and Dan, the way I see it, will be to form an alliance to push the next game that could go against RDR2, which is GOW. At some point I think the arguments gameplay wise is going to be stronger(it'll be in GOW's favor) BUT it all depends on who's passionate enough. Vinny/Ben/Dan/Abby/Alex all have finished GOW. That's my guess but we'll see.

Incandenza

Oct 25, 2017
RDR2 will be lucky to make top 3.

I think Into the Breach and Dead Cells will do a lot better than people expect.