doops.

Jun 3, 2020

View: https://x.com/geoffkeighley/status/1835465757112537104

View: https://x.com/geoffkeighley/status/1835509876665004142

View: https://x.com/geoffkeighley/status/1835512603822461132

ojSmmTd.png

(GIF is of Whitney Houston saying "bring me the receipts!")

AyZaLhG.png

(Video is a scroll of Geoff's Twitter feed showing him posting a lot about PS5 Pro, which isn't unusual at all given that he's a general gaming news guy on Twitter)

5ayUQrl.png

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020
I feel like Geoff Keighley gets too much shit from the community for them to be doing that unprompted. It's a satire site and as long as it's mutually all in good fun then it's fine but it doesn't read like that and comes off as pretty mean spirited.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Saying this is beefing is stretching the situation a lot.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
For more context, hard drive ran like 3-4 articles about Geoff and Sony before this one lol. Definitely milking the engagement but Geoff should have ignored

OP
OP
doops.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
Saying this is beefing is stretching the situation a lot.

Yes, but they're both stretching the situation to a comical degree. Hard Drive are being way too serious and blunt about it and Geoff can easily ignore them since they're obviously farming engagement from him for their site (and from what folks on Era say, Hard Drive as a parody site is a shell of its former self anyhow.)

dgamemaster

Detective Mode: On
Jun 29, 2020
My guess is that it was a light-hearted joke beef at first but that last one actually did kinda piss Geoff off because of the amount of times that "Please Wrap It Up" image has been posted.

Also reminder that a lot of the old Hard Drive staff left the site a while ago and currently write for Pallete Swap

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's pretty petty from hardrive.

There is a lot you can give Geoff shit for, but asides from the inflation tweet everything else he posted might as well have been him live tweeting the PS5 Pro stream

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
For more context, hard drive ran like 3-4 articles about Geoff and Sony before this one lol. Definitely milking the engagement but Geoff should have ignored

I mean... He's a dude with a completely flat personality save for that he seems to really like Hideo Kojima who's entire public-facing existence has been Shill the Product; No opinions, no persona, just "marketing-dude". - It's a thing that makes him an easy mark for low-brow comedy. People naturally don't really trust his word anymore because he comes across as an Industry Lobby mouthpiece who speaks in empty platitudes.

Plus people are rightfully pissed with the whole "Please Wrap It Up" thing while Kojima got to spin his wheels for like, 15 minutes.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
So HD is upset that Geoff was posting about PS on a day that PS released significant news?

There's "Posting about PlayStation" and then there's... That.

Like, does he have any interests outside of video-games? It makes him seem disingenuous when his entire social-media presence is videogamesvideogamesvideogames.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Don't even particularly get why they went after Geoff in the first place. Just seems petty

Geoff is a bit of a (promotional) tool but I also dont understand the controller joke...

It's got flavor dust on it, presumably from Cheetos.

Someone explain the controller joke to me.

edit: I see the answer right above 👆
Considering the individual, it's more likely Doritos.

That said, if it takes a gaming community having to explain a joke, it's probably not that funny.

OhhEldenRing

Aug 14, 2024
I thought the initial HD joke was funny but they've run several articles in a row now making fun of Geoff. It's starting to feel a little awkward.
They've had a few, but many more good ones in between
hard-drive.net

Divorced Gamer Follows Up Racist Manifesto With Plea For His Kids to Return His Calls

BOCA CHICA, Texas — Divorced gamer and distinguished racist, Elon Musk, followed up his latest vitriolic post on X – The Everything App with an…
hard-drive.net

Childless 36-Year-Old Man Celebrates Back-to-School Season by Starting New Persona Save

WESTFIELD, Mass. — Local gamer Jakob Barnes announced that he was starting a new “Persona 5” playthrough in recognition of the new school year, sources…

but this is fair too
hard-drive.net

Gamers Massacred After Geoff Keighley Premieres Weyland-Yutani Experiment

COLOGNE, Germany — Geoff Keighley shocked the gaming world at Gamescom Opening Night Live as the host revealed he had a world premiere courtesy of the…

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Eh Geoff's inflation defense tweet is a total herb point to make, so I get going in on him for that.

I find it really awkward how angry people are with Geoff all the time. Chill.
I literally do not understand the hate.

Like, the man markets games to you. Okay, so?

I literally need Geoff and others to market games, because there are so many coming out, I can't keep track. I have disposable income, but don't have the time to keep track of so many different games.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Like, does he have any interests outside of video-games? It makes him seem disingenuous when his entire social-media presence is videogamesvideogamesvideogames.
Huh? Tons of Twitter accounts are devoted to single topics. I find it hard to believe you wouldn't already be aware of that.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
he got a lot of flak for the inflation thing. Eventually got hit with a community notes message
RxpjY63.png
The disc drive is a valid correction, and very annoying - should be included for that price. I think the tweet is fine otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, Geoff's had some misses. Not talking about layoffs/abuse when he could've. Giving screen time to fucking Peter Molyneux. These tweets seem like a nothingburger. The back and forth is entertaining, though.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
They promoted PlayStation products too, I think is Geoff's angle.

Seems more like it was an ironic jab at the simple control-scheme of the Astro-Bot games, or the sequence of buttons used to turn off the PS5; Not sure which.

Huh? Tons of Twitter accounts are devoted to single topics. I find it hard to believe you wouldn't already be aware of that.

I generally avoid subjecting myself to Twitter, even prior to the elongated muskrat seizing it. My exposure to it is almost entirely with specific accounts and what gets posted on forums.

In any case, I don't really find Hard Drive's behavior particularly egregious here? It's not that different from the memes about Taylor Swift constantly flying around in her private jet. Like, they're not punching-down on this guy.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017

Eh, I don't really agree with this. Geoff does not owe anyone any of his life outside of his work and the industry he works in. If he doesn't want to share more, especially on the most volatile social media platform, fair enough.