--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Pre-orders for an unannounced S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Legends of the Zone Trilogy for PlayStation 4 have gone up at Japanese retailers like Biccamera, Neowing, and Rakuten Books. It will launch on June 27 in Japan for 6,578 yen.

The three-game collection includes S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat, and marks the first time the survival horror first-person shooter series has been ported to consoles.

Given the timing, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Legends of the Zone Trilogy will likely be officially announced at the Xbox Partner Preview live stream on March 6.

www.gematsu.com

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Legends of the Zone Trilogy PS4 pre-orders go live in Japan

Pre-orders for an unannounced S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Legends of the Zone Trilogy for PlayStation 4 have gone up at Japanese retailers like Biccamera, Neowing, and Rakuten Books. It will launch on June 27 …

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
Wonder if these are just straight ports?

I've tried to play the older ones on PC, but they haven't aged very gracefully imo.

Ingueferroque

Dec 26, 2023
New York, NY
It will be interesting to see how they will polish these up. I'd definitely double dip if this comes to PC as well.

Not many gaming experiences top my first playthrough of Stalker, despite the glitches.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
I would love stalker with decent controller support and updates. The games are really good once the technical issues are fixed

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
There's something that's just *quite odd*, coincidentally speaking, about it being Japan it leaked in.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
WTAF!?

I've been wanting ports of these on console for YEARS. I already have them on PC (Shadow came bundled with my first PC/GPU and I beat COP twice) but just casually playing on my tv with actual proper controller support would be HUGE.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
I'm VERY curious how these will turn out. It's going to be tricky to make these work well on console. Reminds me that at one point a PSP port was in the works haha.

Bizkit Krueger

Powered by Friendship™
Sep 8, 2022

it's a big step up in difficulty and frustration from the others. the opening level is notorious for filtering people outright, and then you have to deal with a buggy faction system, grenade spam, and bleed in addition to brutal AI

in general I don't think the shooting or inventory management would play well on controller as is, so it makes me wonder how much effort they're putting into these ports. should be interesting either way

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Woah! I have to see these games with a controller.

And also if they fixed Clear Sky at all lmao.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if there's a Switch version. Deep Silver ports pretty much everything they can to Switch. Including Metro.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017

AI is insane. Clear Sky is by far the most punishing of the trilogy. Pin-point accurate long distance grenade tosses, every injury causes a bleed needing a bandage, guns jam constantly, bullet spread on many guns is very high. Just generally it's a difficult game where you can be killed in 1 shot if the AI gets lucky, and the UI is probably not going to be ideal for a controller.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
I literally cannot fathom playing these with a controller, god speed folks

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
Good lord. I just played STALKER a year or two back, and cannot fathom how anything but a complete reimagining works on a console.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Oh nice, I've been meaning to get the original game for a while now. Not sure how well it would do on console but I'm down honestly

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
surprised it was the psn store and not xbox's

SMH, now even the store leaks have gone multiplatform

Jokes aside, it was leaked by Japanese retailers, not the digital stores. And it went up at all Japanese retailers at the same time, so the distributor is likely the one at fault here.

Only reason an Xbox version didn't leak is because it's Japan and the Xbox version won't get a physical release there.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
I have Call of Pripyat on PC, and didn't really enjoy it at the time. But it's been years since I first played it, and consoles are my more speed, so I'm down for this collection.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
One of my very first Steam games was S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Curious what this will look like. Hope there is a PS5 version that supports 3D audio and other features.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
here
Why PS4 but not PS5 though?
considering there isnt a 'remaster' in the title, i imagine they are fairly straightforward ports reworked to play better on console maybe for the ps4/xbox one

probably the most cost effective way to do things while keeping compatibility wide

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
considering there isnt a 'remaster' in the title, i imagine they are fairly straightforward ports reworked to play better on console maybe for the ps4/xbox one

probably the most cost effective way to do things while keeping compatibility wide
Yeah that makes sense I guess.
They're old games so it doesn't really make a difference, I guess I just still find it odd 3-4 years into a gen and they're still releasing games for the old one haha.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
O right, the existence of this was leaked back in 2022 lmao
Let's hope it's a decent port..

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Yesterday for some reason I tried to buy these on Steam, but my Paypal wasn't letting me go through the purchase strangely. Guess this was the reason, so you're welcome guys 😉

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
On one hand, I absolutely want to play STALKER again... on the other hand, playing them without mods... nope, nope, nope... well maybe... nah