• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
This isn't going to end well but screw it, my pick is God of War.

dreamobserver

Oct 27, 2017
Why compare them though? Not even the same genre smh

A more controversial and hot take topic would be GoW vs BoTW :)

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
I can very easily say GoW is the better game. I'm really interested to see how or if Naughty Dog can marry great gameplay mechanics and the cinematic experience in The Last of Us 2 as well as SMS did in GoW.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
When I first played The Last of Us I was annoyed by the forced stealth and dropped off very quickly. I absolutely adore God of War. But with a few years' distance from my initial experience with TLOU, and being in a different headspace these days when it comes to gaming, I'd like to give it another shot.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
Both!
TloU is a game I have replayed 8 times and spend countless hours in the mp mode.
GoW is a game that I am spending my payed leave on.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
God of War is much more fun to play. I can't see myself going back to TLoU after one playthrough, just like other recent Naughty Dog games.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, it's a shame that this kind of clickbaiting is what GameSpot has come to. I remember when they used to do meaningful journalism on there.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
God of War, while more narrative driven than it's predecessors has great gameplay that can definitely hold it's own compared to other entries in the character action game genre.

TLOU's shooter and stealth passages cannot.

So it's an obvious pick for me.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
God of War is actually fun to play, and not just watch. It's combat is also more favored towards skilled gameplay, rather than trial and error BS.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not even sure how that stacks a comparison, there is nothing similar except an elder and a person but if you want to know which game I feel better playing?

That is God Of War!!!!

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
BOI vs Ellie?

I choose BOI for the simple fact that he doesn't break my immersion by walking Infront of people.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
God of War is a much better game.

Big bombastic boss fights, jaw-dropping environments, excellent combat, great characters, a touching narrative, lots of cool side content, loads of different enemy types, etc.

The Last of Us is a great game, but Naughty Dog need to be way more ambitious in the gameplay department for me (in order to compete with what SSM have produced).

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I agree. They're somewhat different games, despite the obvious influence of one upon the other.
Yeah.

The Last of Us narrative gave me feels, it felt like an epic adventure movie rather than the predictable zombie stuff. God of War narrative makes me cringe, it's so gamey cliche and aimed at the lowest common denominator.

But then I'm not enjoying the new God of War anywhere near as much as everyone else seems to be, so that obviously bares some influence.