etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
With the release of Sifu, I've got a hankering for a game where your attack connecting feels really good - a satisfying crunch, a rhythm, cool enemy effects. My big two examples are the Arkham series and Dying Light's blunt weapons. The Arkham series has this really amazing sound to it whenever your hits do land, you can feel it immediately as you get into the rhythm and your finishers feel so satisfying to pull off.

Dying Light's blunt weapons also feel incredible. There's this really sweet skeleton effect that happens whenever you manage to hit an enemy in the face with something blunt. Stunning enemies can eventually give way to brutal finishers and head stomps, and all of it just feels absolutely incredible.

Are there any other games where a hit just feels so good to land?

MC_Leon6494

Sep 7, 2018
Yeah God of War 2018. Sniper Elite for the x ray bullet bone crunching. Bloodborne but really just the kirkhammer // big strength weapons in Souls games.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chrono Cross - The attack sound effects were great. Every weapon sounded heavy and metallic (even when they weren't, lol)

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg

xfJXUCo.png

Demon's Souls Remake parries and ripostes are nice
Sekiro of course.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
God of war 2018. That heavy meaty impact and the feedback on the controller when beating the hell out of people is very satisfying.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
First post nailed it.

Mad Max's combat feels like it's got weight behind it. Easily among the best in the industry.

I'm going to add a couple mentions that will probably be overlooked….

Ape Out
Absolver

Both have satisfying melee.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
Clobbering the head of an ogre with your mighty hands in God of War 2018 , then splitting its jaw open with your axe.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe not exactly like most of the others mentioned, but i enjoyed Wind Wakers musical strikes when hitting enemies, and then the crack when you get a killing blow.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
Dead cells has a lot statifying shit. My favorite is the downward smash onto enemy for the kill.

Jul 1, 2020
While it's not an action game per se Burnout Revenge's crashing is immensely satisfying. Max Payne 2's bullet time is also a huge leap forward from the first game and has enough of a physics engine where the shootdodge feels good but doesn't end bullet time when Max bops into something by accident like in Max Payne 3.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I really found the animations / impact of sword slashes in Ghost of Tsushima to be really satisfying.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Not the impacts themselves per say, but those impact sounds in the original Smash Bros for the N64 were the best.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
FOR HONOR still has the most "satisfying" sword/melee combat - If you haven't played it, it's cheap and they have free weekends pretty often.

They did a feee gfx update a bit back the game is still a looker despite its age too

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
Gotta agree with the other God of War 2018 comments. Batman Arkham as well of course. And for a shooter, Destiny, clicking on heads feels so impactful and satisfying.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
The Wonderful 101's Unite Hand punches and Unite Hammer slams are super satisfying and impactful blunt attacks.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
God of War 2018. The crunch of the leviathan axe on enemies is so satisfying.