--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

The September Games with Gold lineup is here! On Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, battle the Chaos Gods and their horde of bestiaries in Warhammer: Chaosbane, and embark on an epic quest in Mulaka. For our classic lineup via Backward Compatibility, fight among the stars with the Zone of the Enders HD Collection, and clash blades in the classic fighter Samurai Shodown II.

Xbox Live Gold members will have exclusive access to these games for a limited time as part of Games with Gold. So will Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members, who receive all the fantastic benefits of Gold plus access to over 100 high-quality games with Xbox Game Pass.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
Heyyyy Zone of the Enders nice. It's a shame that it never got the update to ZoE 2 but I'm gonna give it a shot, got the plats on the PS3.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Garou last month and Samurai Shodown II this month? What classic fighting game are we giving away in October?

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
I was going to buy Mulaka in the last sale but forgot about it by the end, will most definitely give that and Zone of Enders a go.

OP
OP
--R

--R

Oct 25, 2017
Garou last month and Samurai Shodown II this month? What classic fighting game are we giving away in October?

49102_256x351.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Mulaka sounds great and I've always wanted to try ZoE. Damn Xbox stop with so many games between this and GP. I don't have the time!

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly the the X360 version of ZOE HD never got the Hexadrive patch. Worse version by far so it's a big skip for me.

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020
This is not that bad considering GwG months have been usually terrible since MS started GamePass.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Another solid month in a row. ZOE HD being a big get for me, since it was always on my to buy list.

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No, but the performance issues—the biggest problem with the port—are ironed out with the boost that comes with the more powerful hardware. You'll still be limited by the 720p resolution with no AA though.
Oh, that's good. I don't really care about resolution (and I'm using a 1080p screen anyway), so if the performance is good even without the patch on Series consoles, then that's great for me.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Hell yes ZoE.

Edit: sooo apparently the 360 ports are terrible?

Sadness.
I own and played the patched ps3 version and the 360 version on Series X and I did not notice much difference quite frankly. The new hardware "fixed" the performance issues. Resolution wise I did not notice the difference but that might be me.

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Will take the 360 stuff as usual, always where the quality is on these. (and I get to keep them even if I leave gold, which is a plus)

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No, but the performance issues—the biggest problem with the port—are ironed out with the boost that comes with the more powerful hardware. You'll still be limited by the 720p resolution with no AA though.
I think there's an automatic 4xAA slapped on the X1 and XS iirc.

OP
OP
--R

--R

Oct 25, 2017
Is this backwards compatible? i own it but i don't think i can download it in my XB1.

Concerning the games, i own both XB1 games and SSII , in In for ZOE but this is like the third month in a row that they feature 360 I already bought ¬¬

It's not, sadly.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I almost finished Chaosbane with one class during all the time it was on the free play weekends so this is good news,will finally get to beat it...its pretty fun and I only played solo...obviously well worth it for free.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Might use this as an opportunity to replay ZoE 1+2 with fresh cheevos. Not a bad month but I won't bother with the rest personally even if they seem "fine". Too many new things coming out and I already have all Samsho games.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
I own and played the patched ps3 version and the 360 version on Series X and I did not notice much difference quite frankly. The new hardware "fixed" the performance issues. Resolution wise I did not notice the difference but that might be me.
Ah ok and I would be playing on Series X..good to hear.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The automatic bump is only for OG Xbox games. 360 games can gain resolution bump, but MS need work with it first aka Xbox One X enhanced.
I didn't say anything about a resolution bump. I'm talking about 4x anti-aliasing (and v-sync, and 16x anisotropic filtering). Games with a resolution bump, like Oblivion, can have these features removed ironically.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Chaosbane is a decent Diablo clone that I bought and played on the PS5 last January.

Mulaka looks interesting.

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
Yay Zone of Enders, have been waiting for that one! They should give us MGS collection next!

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Curious if performance on One X would still be same/improved over the OG PS3 version or not. Sounds like at least Series performance is good, and it kind of sounds like there are few differences generally between BC performance on One X and Series in most cases?

I had no idea ZoE ever came out on 360, wtf. That and SamSho2 will be mine.

Yeah, if I remember correctly there was some leapfrogging over which version was best. It sounded like the 360 version performed better at launch, but then Hexadrive put out a patch for PS3 that made it the better version over 360. I think most of the performance issues were in ZOE2, which I never got to, so I can't really say first-hand.