YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
-If you own both an XBox and a PC you end up with so many games you can't probably beat even if you "work" on them 2/7.
-You are able to keep 24 360 games each year, which will stay in your account even if your sub expire. If we consider a fixed price of 5€ per title (since many of those usually have a 20€ price tag, and with a 75% off discount the price is around 5€), there's a 120€ value just for those titles.
-Many D1 releases
-Additional perks (like Disney Plus, sadly this was a one shot thing).
-Last but not least, you can renew your sub for FREE simply by playing the games on the service and spending 5 minutes each day on Microsoft Rewards. I only spent 40€ on the service and I have a sub ending in April 2022.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Yea it's really good value. But do you know what is even better value having epic games account

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
The best part is not even the older games, it's the indie stuff like Streets of Rage 4 that keeps me engaged. Excellent service!

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
-If you own both an XBox and a PC you end up with so many games you can't probably beat even if you "work" on them 2/7.
-You are able to keep 24 360 games each year, which will stay in your account even if your sub expire. If we consider a fixed price of 5€ per title (since many of those usually have a 20€ price tag, and with a 75% off discount the price is around 5€), there's a 120€ value just for those titles.
-Many D1 releases
-Additional perks (like Disney Plus, sadly this was a one shot thing).
-Last but not least, you can renew your sub for FREE simply by playing the games on the service and spending 5 minutes each day on Microsoft Rewards. I only spent 40€ on the service and I have a sub ending in April 2022.
how? i recently did the one month with gold thing for 1 € and now I definitely want to extend.

definately good value but i remember when PS Plus used to be good. Now its just bad.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
3f2.jpeg

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I agree and don't think that whatever is in second place is all that close.
I've had GPU for a few months and have beaten Wasteland 3, put 70+ hours into DQ11S, gotten partway through:
River City Girls
Minecraft Dungeons
Gears Tactics
Gears 5
Halo MCC
Fallen Order
Ori
Killer Instinct
etc...
With Rewards, as the OP says, I can renew it by spending about 2 minutes per day doing some internet searches/quizzes.

Nov 1, 2017
But is it legal / how is it sustainable / when will the price go up / they will only make GAAS games for it / why do i need to buy an Xbox / there are no games in GP worth playing / i only buy physical so GP is worthless / etc etc etc.

Did i miss anything?

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It is known.

I own a PS5, and I'll probably get an Xbox Series ? down the road because of GamePass. XB1X is still serving those needs at the moment, but once the Series consoles are cheap enough I could see myself grabbing one just for the stuff that comes onto GP. I've been surprised and happy to see they continue adding new games from third parties I want to play.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
how? i recently did the one month with gold thing for 1 € and now I definitely want to extend.

definately good value but i remember when PS Plus used to be good. Now its just bad.
This will show you how to do the Rewards stuff:
www.resetera.com

Microsoft Rewards |OT| Where you get Game Pass + XBL Gold and more for free Microsoft - OT

Since Microsoft Rewards is getting more attractive and accessible every day, I thought it might be a good idea to have a central place here to talk about it. This program replaced Xbox Live Rewards as an - in my opinion - much better and more generalized way to earn rewards through the Microsoft...

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
How good of a deal GamePass is really depends on your interests and play style.

I play video games a lot, as in spend a lot of time on them.. but in a given year that time is usually divided between just a few titles.. many of them old ones I keep going back to (re-playing RPGs, strategy games, etc.)

I like to dedicate myself to a game or 2, not try a bunch of different stuff on a whim.

There's a chance really getting into GPU that I might change my habits, but it hasn't stuck with me yet.. had GPU for over a year and barely used it, because when I sit down to game I generally know what I want to play, and it's stuff I already own.

There's objectively a ton of content and in that sense it's a "good deal" but w/o the $1 deal I'd probably not have GPU.

Deleted member 76797

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
I kinda wanna buy a series X just because I have so much gamepass ultimate stacked up and only use it on PC. There are lots of gems on the service I never would've given a second look to on steam.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I signed up for three years of GPU on the PC and it's been a nightmare. MS really needs to acknowledge and fix the massive issues with it

Read all about it here:

www.resetera.com

Gamepass PC is a ticking time bomb that results in permanently lost HDD/SSD space unless you nuke windows Microsoft - PC - Tech

EDIT: Also, almost all games that can't be uninstalled can not be reinstalled again even if you somehow manage to delete their data making that game completely unplayable. I had an issue with Wasteland 3 not being able to install about 4 months ago. What happened was I had the game installed...

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. My problem is that I can't control myself when I have access to an enormous smorgasbord like that so I end up trying too many mediocre games, or games that just don't fit my taste. I'm not sure the service is for me and that maybe I should focus on buying the games I'm sure I will like instead and give thse more play time.

I haven't been as happy gaming in 2020 compared to previous years but that changed in December 2020 when I took a month's break from Game Pass to play games on other consoles. It was really refreshing to play the games I wanted to play rather than playing what Phil put on the table. Definitely re-subbing for Xbox Studios games though, if I stop using the service for a while. The value is definitely there.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
Value? Most definitely. It's saved me so much money... I can't count how many games on the service I downloaded/installed, played less than an hour of, and deleted right away.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Yeah, the Microsoft Rewards stuff basically makes GPU free - especially if you're already buying digital games & renting movies within Microsoft's ecosystem. You can pretty easily average 10k points a month if you keep on top of challenges/streaks - and a monthly sub is 9k points. They've even got a promotion coming next week where you can get rewards points for all Gamerscore points you earn through achievements, up to 10k. With more than ten games on that service that can be easily juiced for 1k points apeice.

It's a pretty wild value.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Especially later this month with the service getting Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4 and Yakuza 5. Then Yakuza 6 on March. Oh yeah, baby.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I love my xbox and am subbed to GPU for a for a few years thanks to gold upgrade and it is an amazing value for some

despite the shitpost, this guy doesn't get it

as a father of 2 and as someone with a busy career, GPU is not a good value for me

waiting for sales on only the games i want to play is much cheaper

Amazing insight here. Care to actually pose an argument?

50% off steak is not a good deal for a vegan.. surely you can understand what I meant by whether something is a good deal or not is subjective..

no insight, only console wars now

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Is it true that if your Game Pass Ultimate converted from Live Gold expires, you can simply:
  1. Buy another 12-36 months of Live Gold and add it to your account
  2. Buy one month of Gamepass Ultimate at $15 through that account
  3. Subsequently have all remaining months of Live Gold converted to Gamepass for free
That's how it seems from my research, but want to make sure before I advise someone to buy 1 or 3 years of Live Gold in advance of upgrading to Gamepass Ultimate

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
If you think it's such a great value now then just you wait until all 23 Xbox studios start pumping out those next gen AA - AAA games.

Blairbat

Oct 29, 2017
Sacramento, California
It is alright but there is too much indie stuff. Games like Five Nights of freddy or whatever....garbage, and they thought most people would want all of them for some reason. Well whatever.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is it true that if your Game Pass Ultimate converted from Live Gold expires, you can simply:
  1. Buy another 12-36 months of Live Gold and add it to your account
  2. Buy one month of Gamepass Ultimate at $15 through that account
  3. Subsequently have all remaining months of Live Gold converted to Gamepass for free
That's how it seems from my research, but want to make sure before I advise someone to buy 1 or 3 years of Live Gold in advance of upgrading to Gamepass Ultimate
As of right now, if you're not a current GPU sub and you upgrade to it. It converts as 1:1. Whether you previously had GPU or not. Who knows in the future.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
It's good value, but it's certainly not for me, as someone who doesn't use an Xbox as their main console and owns like 90% of first party stuff physically. For me it's much better to just sub to Gold when a good month shows up.
It'll be worth it in the future once they get a load of new Aaa exclusives on there, but for me it was just a case of playing NG Black and FH4, and they took the former off.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I think I only really tried Game Pass early on, so I can't say otherwise, but the offering hasn't really appealed to me.

An 'All you can eat buffet' setup doesn't match how I play games. I'm never looking to just 'fill up' on game time. I'll play a small amount of novel indie games and big award winners, and so far Xbox Game Pass' offerings have existed in the middle of that.

But that's just down to value being a subjective quality.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As of right now, if you're not a current GPU sub and you upgrade to it. It converts as 1:1. Whether you previously had GPU or not. Who knows in the future.
he i used up my 1 month xbox live card from gta iv (which still worked)

i still have a 3 month card that was bundled in my first xbox and a 1 month card from when i sent in my xbox 360 due to the red ring of death. maybe Ill try this out.

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
But is it legal / how is it sustainable / when will the price go up / they will only make GAAS games for it / why do i need to buy an Xbox / there are no games in GP worth playing / i only buy physical so GP is worthless / etc etc etc.

Did i miss anything?
You forgot the person who turns up to say it's not good value because they only play 1 $70 game at a time and have no friends or family so no other game gets played until the current one is completed.

I do think that's it's amazing value if you have an Xbox or are happy streaming games, but by all accounts the PC side doesn't get as much love so if you only have that platform it's not as good. For example, Minecraft is available on Xbox Game Pass, it's not on the PC version. No idea why and I'm sure it's not the only example.

For the record, as a multi-console owner and I do think it's incredible value and am subbed til 2023. The amount of non-Game Pass AAA games I've got for free or £5/£10 thanks to Rewards points from Game Pass games means I'm spending less money than I usually would and playing more games. I only wish there was something similar for my PS5.

Jun 15, 2020
Of course the downplayers have to come in and let everyone know why they are too special to enjoy a good value...

You forgot the person who turns up to say it's not good value because they only play 1 $70 game at a time and have no friends or family so no other game gets played until the current one is completed.
Oh, they've made themselves known 😂

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I do think that's it's amazing value if you have an Xbox or are happy streaming games, but by all accounts the PC side doesn't get as much love so if you only have that platform it's not as good. For example, Minecraft is available on Xbox Game Pass, it's not on the PC version. No idea why and I'm sure it's not the only example.

For the record, as a multi-console owner and I do think it's incredible value and am subbed til 2023. The amount of non-Game Pass AAA games I've got for free or £5/£10 thanks to Rewards points from Game Pass games means I'm spending less money than I usually would and playing more games. I only wish there was something similar for my PS5.
actually that ended up happening with playstation plus. at least for me.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing probably about it, it is the best value in gaming. Will be even better when the console exclusives launch as well

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Between Microsoft Rewards / Gamepass / Epic free games theres basically no need to buy anything these days (including hardware considering ms rewards). Its insane

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Love it! I bought an XSX and Valhalla and I've spent all my time since owning the XSX alternating between Gears of War and the Halo games lol.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Amazing insight here. Care to actually pose an argument?

50% off steak is not a good deal for a vegan.. surely you can understand what I meant by whether something is a good deal or not is subjective..

It's best to just not bother. The attitude people have toward the service around here to any degree that is not 'Game Pass is the ultimate value no matter!' is pretty pitiful. I say that as someone who actively uses it, but the discourse around it turns toxic very quickly if you have anything but extreme praise

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
My 3 month subscription just expired yesterday. :(

Anybody know any good deals for ultimate?