• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
That's a shame to see SOTC with iam8bit. I kind of expected it after they did The Last Guardian, but still.

I'll wait for reviews before I jump on that one.

BTails

Oct 26, 2017
Ship to Shore Phono Co has also done some amazing VGM stuff. Their Snatcher release is probably one of my all time favourites, and I recently enjoyed Kid Dracula and Rocket Knight Adventures that just shipped this month.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Ship to Shore Phono Co has also done some amazing VGM stuff. Their Snatcher release is probably one of my all time favourites, and I recently enjoyed Kid Dracula and Rocket Knight Adventures that just shipped this month.

Think I only have Mother 2 from them, but it sounds perfect to add onto the praise.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Predictable but slightly disappointing by Shadow of the Colossus. Definitely a wait for reviews situation, but at least it isn't limited or massively overpriced.

Artwork isn't brilliant, bit too colorful and busy which doesn't really fit the washed out minimalist style from the game.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will wait for impressions, but it's a shame nonetheless- the market has convinced them their prices are acceptable.

They're really not. They're abysmal.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iam8bits continued existence makes me wonder just how much of their sold product is actually listened to.
The only two I've bought (Hyper Light Drifter and FTL) have been pristine sound wise... But yet I also weep for every shrinkwrapped and framed LP out there resting on a shelf, never played and only looked at beneath the sheen of collector's grade plastic. It's incredible how many times you see the comment "I don't even have a table but I'm buying this" pop up.

To each their own and all that though.

Oct 25, 2017
I bought my first two before I got my turntable but now that I actually have it I'm going nuts lol.

Just bought Panzer Dragoon Saga. Streets of Rage 3's soundtrack sounds pretty fucking amazing but I'm not balling enough to drop the cash on 2 records on the same day.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The only two I've bought (Hyper Light Drifter and FTL) have been pristine sound wise... But yet I also weep for every shrinkwrapped and framed LP out there resting on a shelf, never played and only looked at beneath the sheen of collector's grade plastic. It's incredible how many times you see the comment "I don't even have a table but I'm buying this" pop up.

I mean, half the appeal of vinyl is the giant art work cover.

Oct 27, 2017
I might pick it up with coupon at the end of the year.
I guess we can expect Ico sometime next year?

Styrman

Nov 7, 2017
Just pre-ordered Shadow of the Colossus from Iam8bit. Can't wait!

Edit. Could someone remind me why we hate Iam8bit? I've never had quality issues with the vinyls from them.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017

Edit. Could someone remind me why we hate Iam8bit? I've never had quality issues with the vinyls from them.

While they occasionally put out some cool stuff they almost always inflate their prices and have a questionable track record when it comes to the quality of what they put out.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Mondo is hyping up the Alucard statue going up for sale next Thursday. Maybe that Symphony of the Night vinyl will coincide or not be too far behind...

KINGofCRA5H

Oct 25, 2017
Napa, CA

really it just depends on who you ask here. personally I don't have an issue with them, I've bought a number of their releases. The complaints about pricing are founded I believe, however. They're usually more expensive than other places that sell the same type of stuff.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
I also weep for every shrinkwrapped and framed LP out there resting on a shelf, never played and only looked at beneath the sheen of collector's grade plastic. It's incredible how many times you see the comment "I don't even have a table but I'm buying this" pop up.

Those kids love their "vinyls".

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
The prices are only a minor worry of mine (although the fact that they've begun pricing some items on their UK store slightly higher than on the US store bothers me). What gets me is the delays, which shows a clear inability to properly plan the majority their releases.

I get that the nature of vinyl and the current pressure on pressing plants lead to more delays in general. But on the scale we've experienced with iam8bit a lot of the fault have to be with their own planning.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England

Enormously uneven quality thanks to poor quality control and poor communication, mostly. They tend to make decent-quality sets in terms of presentation, and I think that's part of why they get away with it - a lot of VGM vinyl buyers are in it for the collection aspect only, and that's fine. The Last Guardian vinyl set shipped with some truly shameful problems with surface noise and stuff though, and it was a widespread problem. That's the sort of thing Data Discs recalled a whole release line of records for, but iam8bit just kept on trucking as if nothing had happened. That's why, mostly.

It depends what you're after, basically.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, half the appeal of vinyl is the giant art work cover.
Speaking of I just bought a pair of IKEA shelves to celebrate the starting of my collection lol. Excited to get Sonic Mania and Panzer Dragoon Saga to fill em up. My gf is nuts about RnB but I'm actually a big fan of this album too:
NrWBIcz.png
[/IMG]
NrWBIcz.png

BTails

Oct 26, 2017
Ooh, awesome. More classic stuff.
Wonder if Yetee will be doing variants of this release as well, like they did for Kid Dracula and Rocket Knight.

I would assume. I think they've done variants of every StS classic VGM release starting with Lagrange Point. I bought Snatcher from them (Red and Black splatter), and remember some of their other variants as well.

punkmaggit

Oct 27, 2017
I just listened to The Last Guardian record from iam8bit and I heard the pops and static that were mentioned earlier. How did they let this happen?!

Anyone have the Bound soundtrack from them as well? Is it ok?

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
The best is to use an ultrasonic cleaner but... that's super pricey. Something like a Spin Clean is probably more accessible or something in between. I haven't gone all-out on a cleaning setup yet. I just use one of those anti-static brushes and this sticky roller thing sometimes. I also have one of those stick things for cleaning my stylus every month or so.

tobytobes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
I just listened to The Last Guardian record from iam8bit and I heard the pops and static that were mentioned earlier. How did they let this happen?!

Anyone have the Bound soundtrack from them as well? Is it ok?
TLG is by far one of their worst pressings. Bound, however, is very good imo. They were pressed at different plants.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
NieR boxset arrived, side A of the original game's soundtrack playing now and it does indeed sound fantastic. So much good stuff to make my way through!

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My LP120 just arrived, I setted it up and I have been using it, the sound is too low, as I understand, i need an amp, which one do you suggest for me?

trevofour

Oct 26, 2017
joisey
User has been warned: promoting piracy.
<removed by staff>

Great to see MM3 considering the official Megaman "Best Of" vinyl release mysteriously has zero MM3 tracks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I need mooshake to do a megaman X vinyl...

I know megaman X4-X5-X6 might be a stretch, but I've been wanting to have one of those so much...

BTails

Oct 26, 2017
Ordered the two Moonshake releases last night. Would love official versions, but c'est la vie.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The LP120 is unique in that it has a pre-amp built in. Purchasing an amp is unecessary. Just plug it into an auxiliary input.

I totally forgot this had a preamp included and I think I somehow never got to turn it on. When I get home I'll try it.

(BTW, I think all LP120 have a built in pre-amp)

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
I totally forgot this had a preamp included and I think I somehow never got to turn it on. When I get home I'll try it.

(BTW, I think all LP120 have a built in pre-amp)
This is correct. Not sure what I said that was contrary.

Anyways Wiibomb, if you still intend on trying an external amp then you just need to toggle the bypass switch in the back.

Last edited:

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Managed to snag the Megaman one. I would've loved to get the NES one too but unfortunately I can't afford it right now. I'm happy to have secured a copy of Megaman 3 though!

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Shadow of the Colossus 3-track 12" press promo: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bep88LsFxfR/

...I hate these promos. I need to start work in gaming somehow.. or bribe someone who does :P

Looks nicer than the official release!

After praising it the other night, I listened to side B of the NieR Gestalt/Replicant soundtrack and there are really loud pops for the final track, and the needle didn't stop in the center as it should and instead "jumped" to the center where the label is. Think I have to ask for a replacement- has anyone dealt with Square Enix's store customer service before? Wondering if they'll just send out that disc (I haven't looked at the others but side B definitely has a noticeable mark that didn't come out with a vinyl brush).