SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey

It's offscreen footage and it's not the whole thing unfortunately. I'm impressed with the animation but the way they are implemented is kinda jarring. It's like that Rocky & Bullwinkle Movie from ages ago.

But I will say that this is a better alternative than going the Chipmunks/Smurfs route of doing things.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Huh...I kinda like it. Prefers it like this than turning them into a 3D CGI. Hope the human part isn't too cringey though.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't there a leaked script of this that was bonkers?

I swear I recall like Epstein was involved or something bizarre?

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
It looks like the best possible execution of the '2D animation in real world' concept - but yeah, it's hard to see the actual human storyline being of much worth.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like Tom and Jerry...but in the real world. Yep. Can't be worse than Garfield, smurfs, chipmunks, etc etc.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Interesting to see that they've thought about whether the Tom & Jerry style of violence will work in 2020, and they've gone "Nah, fuck it, they're a anthropomorphic cat and mouse, who cares?".... And i kind of dig it.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Maybe that's why the '90s movie involved a girl looking for her father and this greedy couple wanting to ransom her or something.
Yeah I mean that's the issue with these right? The yogi bear movie is unwatchable for kids and adults because of the side plot padding.
I guess there have been some successful adaptations but not sure if they involved silent iconic characters

Oct 25, 2017
For ONCE a film like this sticks to the roots of the property somewhat by going with hand-drawn animation. Looks about as good as it could and definitely a step up over monstrosities like the Yogi Bear, Chipmunk and Smurf movies.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great. I loved the terrible 90s movie as a kid and get that "the greatest gift in life's a friend" song stuck in my head a lot.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
This looks like a mix of Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Tom and Jerry: The Movie.

I'm cautiously optimistic I guess.