Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator just stealth released on Steam for the low-low price of FREE!
The newest game by Scott Cawthon he decided to surprise people with for the holiday season.

Claims to be a light-hearted pizza creation simulator set in the Five Nights at Freddy's pizzeria.

Start your own Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria with Freddy Fazbear Pizzeria Simulator!

Presenting a fun Five Nights at Freddy's adventure with a lighter touch for the holidays, Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator puts you in charge of developing your own restaurant! Design pizzas, feed kids, and get high scores!

Spoiler Alert: It's not what it claims to be.

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine you need to hire a lot of janitors. You know, for the morning shift clean up.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
MatPat is happy of all the easy ad revenue he can make for the upcoming three months of lore videos based on this fre game.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
MatPat is happy of all the easy ad revenue he can make for the upcoming three months of lore videos based on this fre game.

He reminds me of when I watched Ancient Aliens.

A whole lot of garbage, but it's interesting.

Plus the use of the same theories and places to get more runtime out of less research.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
Use spoilers if you must: does this wind up playing like the other FNaF games, or is it a different genre? Also, is it worth playing if I haven't played the other FNaF games?

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, this is definitely FNAF 6, right? I've never played any of these games but I'm fascinated by the lore and fandom around them. Hope it's good for all those folks invested!

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Massive, massive spoilers
It's a demo for six. Pretty fucking crazy.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To think his humble ass made it through creating freeware, boss rush, pre-rendered rpgs through the 2000s.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
So is this thread going to devolve into another pointless "Hurr durr FNAF makes Scott lots of money" thread? Like every FNAF thread ever does.

If you're not interested in FNAF or don't care for it, why are you posting in this thread? Honest question.

Last edited:

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So is this thread going to devolve into a pointless "Hurr durr FNAF makes Scott lots of money" thread? Like every FNAF thread ever does.

If you're not interested in FNAF or don't care for it, why are you posting in this thread? Honest question.
There also ignoring the fact Scott donates a huge amount to charity. They dont even know the guy.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
So is this thread going to devolve into another pointless "Hurr durr FNAF makes Scott lots of money" thread? Like every FNAF thread ever does.

There also ignoring the fact Scott donates a huge amount to charity. They dont even know the guy.

Despite the fact I have some mixed feelings on the franchise, though I do appreciate its existence, I have nothing but respect for Scott. And one has to commend his ability to make games as a single person team so consistently, he's been doing it for years and as anyone in a creative field or game development may know it's really hard to keep motivation up sometimes, but he manages to do all this, take criticism to heart, deliver an experience with a pretty rabid fanbase and continuously surprise them, all while being a decent human being who uses his good fortune to support his family and donate to charities, all while working hard. People may be apprehensive to the popularity he struck with FNaF, but even that was after years and years of hard work and sprung from him taking critique of his previous games to heart. Anyone who tries to paint a bad picture out of this I think are just demonstrating jealousy more than anything. Think what you will of the games and whatnot, but I think Scott himself deserves a lot of respect. People will try to undermine what he's done sometimes, but the simple truth is his story is that of someone working hard and finding success by never giving up, and using that success to bring others happiness.

He's done a lot more for a lot more people than I doubt any of his detractors have done.

Last edited:

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Yo this shit is wild, loved that freddy themed workplace video

its what I thought the game would be lore dump

Last edited:

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon

Despite the fact I have some mixed feelings on the franchise, though I do appreciate its existence, I have nothing but respect for Scott. And one has to commend his ability to make games as a single person team so consistently, he's been doing it for years and as anyone in a creative field or game development may know it's really hard to keep motivation up sometimes, but he manages to do all this, take criticism to heart, deliver an experience with a pretty rabid fanbase and continuously surprise them, all while being a decent human being who uses his good fortune to support his family and donate to charities, all while working hard. People may be apprehensive to the popularity he struck with FNaF, but even that was after year and years of hard work and sprung from him taking critique of his previous games to heart, and anyone who tries to pain a bad picture of this I think are just demonstrating jealousy more than anything. Think what you will of the games and whatnot, but I think Scott himself deserves a lot of respect. People will try to undermine what he's done sometimes, but the simple truth is his story is that of someone working hard and finding success, and using that success to bring others happiness.

He's done a lot more for a lot more people than I doubt any of his detractors have done.

I wholeheartedly agree with both of you. Anytime there's a FNAF thread (whether here or back on the old forum), about 90% of the posts consist of "LOL FNAF makes money for Scott" and "LOL Markiplier's wallet must be really happy now" and very few people actually want to talk about the games at hand.

I'm just tired of these threads turning out this way. Whether it's jealousy or whatever else, it needs to stop. I want to discuss stuff that's actually relevant to the games and series, not about how "Activision must be jealous of Scott lmfao".

And even if these dumb drive by posts weren't present, FNAF threads wouldn't garner much attention anyway. There are very few FNAF fans in this community sadly, so I guess it doesn't even matter.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Holy crap! A new game! I thought Scott was gonna take a much longer break on this series!

Will definitely play this one. I was really surprised by Sister Location. I enjoyed it so much that I started playing all of the other ones!

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
This isn't a demo for six, it is the full FNAF6. Ending cinematic is on YouTube and it appears to be making a real effort to tie up all loose ends and end the series.

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All I ever liked about these games was the lore. Ready to see what 6 brings and how the story wraps up.

Deleted member 13015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will always have respect for the creator of this series... One dude made all of these games and lore.

Hopefully the story continues and wraps up nicely.

Bionet

Oct 25, 2017
Damn so Scott just
dropped an entire new game for free with basically no advance warning? It's pretty impressive he's managed to keep work on this a secret for so long, especially now that he has at least several voice actors involved!

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn so Scott just
dropped an entire new game for free with basically no advance warning? It's pretty impressive he's managed to keep work on this a secret for so long, especially now that he has at least several voice actors involved!
Not really a secret, he was teasing this game for a while now.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Not really a secret, he was teasing this game for a while now.

He announced that FNAF 6 was supposedly cancelled several months ago and just released it out of the blue.

The thing that always gets to me is how every trick that he has up his sleeve manages to work and he always gets me with it too! I actually did believe that this game was cancelled, but it seems like he did this all on purpose to catch everyone off guard and secretly continued developing it and released it out of nowhere. That bastard! He never fails to get me. Ever! :p

Scott Cawthon is the internet's number 1 troll. He's done this kind of thing many times before.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My son who is obsessed with FNAF will love this.

I mean he draws the characters, and even makes his own version of them obsessed.

Will download this for him later.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love/hate starting a new FNAF game. It's great cause the game is tense and freaky, but there's so much new shit to learn. I ended up dying on night 2 cause I have no clue how to deal with Freddy.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Who didn't see this coming?

New FNAF game up on Steam, albeit a non traditional one, plus it's free

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...hts-at-freddys-masquerading-as-a-pizzeria-sim

Five Nights at Freddy's developer Scott Cawthon has released a new game, named Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator.

On the surface, it's a retro-themed tycoon game where you run your own pizza restaurant. But, as players have discovered, it's actually something more sinister.

Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator begins innocently enough, and lets you design your own pizza and decorate your restaurant. And then the creepiness begins, and the jump scares, and you get the picture.

Putting the name Freddy Fazbear in the title is hardly subtle though
Jump scare me if old.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Scott is a dedicated man who actually puts effort in his games. They are also very cheap. He should keep making them.

Oct 25, 2017
He's trying something different which is cool, but yeah, more value would've been in putting in a new character for a classic bait and switch.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder when the movie is coming, it was supposedly going to be 2018. The reactions to that alone will be great.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Nope, he was updating his website with images of this game for months, but at the time people thought it was either FNAF6 or a FNAF Pizza Tycoon (something Scott said it was interested in doing)

Hmmm. Interesting. I haven't really been following Scottgames.com since Sister Location came out, so I guess I haven't seen much in the way of teasers and stuff like that.

But he absolutely did announce FNAF 6's cancellation back in June. Here's a link to the Steam post he announced it in: http://steamcommunity.com/games/506610/announcements/detail/1343611811951288957

Looking back, considering he ended up releasing FNAF 6 about 6 months after making this post, it's very possible this post was a prank unless he started development of this game sometime after June. Which wouldn't be hard to believe since we know Scott can make these games pretty fast.

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
Always loved FNAF.
My kids love it too, in fact we are playing it right now as I type this on the iPad.
Also Scott is a saint what with all the money he donates to charity, so if on any chance he is reading this, Scott a big thank you from us!

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hearing on the steam forums that this is the last in the series?

We'll never know if its the last. They said 3 was last. then we got 4, followed by the final 5th.

It's not going to end until Net Neutrality is gone and no one is able to buy/play games anymore............. oh wait

Village

Oct 25, 2017
So uh

this might be the end of the game series

Should... should we make a thread about this?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wish I could actually get into playing these games, every time one of these comes out it's always fascinating. But I'm too much of a coward to play these.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
people talk about PUBG but FNaF was always the one game/series that boggled my mind about how successful it ended up being

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
people talk about PUBG but FNaF was always the one game/series that boggled my mind about how successful it ended up being
Is the popularity really that surprising? The games play on the uneasiness of the uncanny valley that most people have. They have no cursing, gore, or nudity so children can play them. They're also incredibly cheap (or in the case of this one, completely free!) so someone can buy one and never make it past night 2 yet still be satisfied with their purchase. Combine all that with big Youtubers playing the game and it's quite easy to see why the games became as popular as they did.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Is the popularity really that surprising? The games play on the uneasiness of the uncanny valley that most people have. They have no cursing, gore, or nudity so children can play them. They're also incredibly cheap (or in the case of this one, completely free!) so someone can buy one and never make it past night 2 yet still be satisfied with their purchase. Combine all that with big Youtubers playing the game and it's quite easy to see why the games became as popular as they did.

Yes? I could see the novelty for one, maybe two titles but the series went on way longer than it looked possible, and people were still acting like they were as scared as the first time they played the first game (which, imho, was the epitome of cheap jumpscare tactics). That youtubers latched on it like bees on honey is even more surprising, it really doesn't seem like something that could warrant several playthroughs and yet it still did.