Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
top.png

peak.png

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I have it on Xbox, but still picked up an Ultimate Edition copy on steam just for future proofing. Anyone know if Xbox and Steam versions have cross saves?

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Handling on a wheel setup was improved somewhat in FH5, but I preferred damn near everything else about FH4 to the newer game.

Similarly I felt that way about FH3 vs FH4 too at the time, but 4 won me over eventually and I really appreciated a lot of what it did offer. FH5 never gave me that feeling…

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
Handling on a wheel setup was improved somewhat in FH5, but I preferred damn near everything else about FH4 to the newer game.

Similarly I felt that way about FH3 vs FH4 too at the time, but 4 won me over eventually and I really appreciated a lot of what it did offer. FH5 never gave me that feeling…

Practically my exact experience as well. 3 was my favorite, and I felt 4 paled a bit in comparison until I dumped a ton of time into it on the X1X and it then became my favorite in the franchise. Never got there with 5, but maybe it was just not getting enough time with it to let the hooks sink in -- but I feel like I've given it multiple tries.

Still love it, though. Just nowhere near as much as the prior 2.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I grabbed the Steam Ultimate Edition for my steam deck and future-proofing, even though I have it on Xbox. The game is so good.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Can't they just pull the cars in question out of the game or is that too much work? I don't know what iteration Forza is on at this point.

Ikon

Oct 26, 2017
Just bought Ultimate on Steam too as I think my son will love this in a couple of years. I hate this delisting bullshit

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
4 is far and away the best one of these. I put a lot of time into 5 but it was a step down in many ways.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
I asked in another thread but what is the differences between this and 5? Only wondering because I might pick up in case I ever get into racing games. But if there really isn't many differences exception location / scenery, then I could just get newest Horizon

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I asked in another thread but what is the differences between this and 5? Only wondering because I might pick up in case I ever get into racing games. But if there really isn't many differences exception location / scenery, then I could just get newest Horizon
4's whole thing was having seasons, and I found the way you progressed and cleared the map more engaging than 5

Zombie Jacket

Sep 11, 2023
Shame how these things go given the licencing end but 4 still is still by far my favourite FH experience that captured beautifully the English spirit and love letter to car history.

What a beautiful sandbox that was made with so much love and passion.

Superb game. Here's to you you majestic soul.

Walnut

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm still upset we didn't get notice on the DLC delisting - I didn't end up having 2/3rds of the stuff not in the Ultimate Edition and I would've picked it up

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Shame how these things go given the licencing end but 4 still is still by far my favourite FH experience that captured beautifully the English spirit and love letter to car history.

What a beautiful sandbox that was made with so much love and passion.

Superb game. Here's to you you majestic soul.
They nailed the uk vibe for sure. Wich makes sense being from UK

That's why i was never worried they wouldn't hit the Fable humor with the reboot

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
How's the career mode in this?

Very similar to FH5 and FH3 before that. Mostly focused on various events with their own mini-challenges and "stories" scattered across the map with different disciplines(ie. Open-road racing, street racing, stunts, etc..). Like doing quests for NPC's in an open-world game at icons across the map.

These "stories" are largely optional, and there are tons of other icons of stuff to do as well across the map(championships, different micro-challenges, stunts, even just basic ass single race events). Any event completion earns xp that goes into a larger pool of sorts and fill meters that new thresholds unlock more stuff and even big spectacle "boss" like events like racing against a blimp or a jet or something. Goofy fun. There is a TON to do and finishing it all will take a long ass time, but its designed to pull you in for quick bursts of fun or long sessions. It's very freeform.

The slight criticism is that taking part in these events is all that is often needed to progress. You get slight bonuses or occasionally exclusive rewards for getting first, but it is never really a requirement. Just competing, even getting dirt last, will fulfill completion and you can move on and keep progressing. Some really found that unsatisfying others adore that.

Oh and FH4 has the seasonal changes which add a unique twist to the environment and events. Like certain shortcuts may appear with snow piled up...while summer may lead to a drought and water lessens to allow more open road... I actually wish that came back.

Oh and it has weekly/monthly events in the "Forzathon" section of the menu which add exclusive rewards for doing essentially specific events and challenges on a weekly schedule. I actually really enjoy popping in to do those.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if it's something they'd actually want to do for business reasons, but it would be great seeing a final sales count after this "last huzzah" of the license countdown. I feel like they're moving a meaningful number of units on Steam right now, and the game was already a big seller. Outpacing Elden Ring for several days in the wake of the Erdtree expansion is nothing to sneeze at.

ozhenson

May 26, 2022
I picked it up due to the bummer hype. Couldnt be happier with it, the game runs great on steam deck and its perfect to just jump in an do a race or two.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if it's something they'd actually want to do for business reasons, but it would be great seeing a final sales count after this "last huzzah" of the license countdown. I feel like they're moving a meaningful number of units on Steam right now, and the game was already a big seller. Outpacing Elden Ring for several days in the wake of the Erdtree expansion is nothing to sneeze at.

This can't be understated enough. Forza Horizon 4 is moving a very large number of units right now, and it's absolutely bonkers. The Steam charts are based on revenue and Elden Ring is 3.5x more expensive than Forza Horizon. This means Forza is moving more than 3.5x the units of Elden Ring right now, which is just nuts.