SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

SqExejn.png

May 17, 2018
This is so excessive. Imagine having 40 million dollars to give away and giving it to people who are good at Fortnite.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We get it Epic, you got money.

Why not fund a fucking hospital or 5 instead, Christ.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not a fan of Fortnite competitive. But at least they've got no problem with putting their money where their mouth is. *cough* Bamco *cough*

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I love Fortnite, but watching people tunnel in 1x1s is the most boring shit.

It somehow tops pro Overwatch as a game that is nowhere near as much fun to watch as it is to play.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017

It somehow tops pro Overwatch as a game that is nowhere near as much fun to watch as it is to play.
Nothing really EPIC can do about it either as anything that changes that strategy, the pros will complain about and get it disabled or vaulted. Why the best tournament was the 1 with the dumb sword.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Certainly going to be interesting to see who is going to win the grand prize. Would be awesome if an underdog won it all.

yeah i don't think the format lends itself well to spectating

wonder how much viewership they're pulling with this

I don't think they will have to worry about viewer numbers. The other tournaments pulled massive viewer numbers, which were in the 8 Million range, IIRC.

I play fortnite BR and BR esports is trash. Jfc at all that money lmao.

Too much "sweating", right? Must be pretty boring to always be this negative.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Certainly going to be interesting to see who is going to win the grand prize. Would be awesome if an underdog won it all.

I don't think they will have to worry about viewer numbers. The other tournaments pulled massive viewer numbers, which were in the 8 Million range, IIRC.

Too much "sweating", right? Must be pretty boring to always be this negative.
Nope it's just boring. Low complexity and depth.

Redstreak

Jan 17, 2018
Can't wait to see the same top kajillionaires battle it out for a millionth time at a chance to be double kajillionaires

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017

I've slowly begin to enjoy the tunnel tactic. It's that anxiety feeling knowing it only takes one bad wall placement or edit to mess up everything.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
God these BR prizepools piss me off to FGC prizepools.

Yeah I know the money generated is orders different but still...

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I don't have a physically and mentally exhausting full time job and a family to support I would play this non-stop to compete. I find Fortnite really boring so I would just play for the money.

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Wow should have gotten into fornite..but I doubt I would have even won $1. These competitive gamers sacrifice their life for gaming and I can't compete with that. Or they are just natural talented and I m not lol

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Tried watching some qualifier streams for this today. Fornite competitive is too fast / spastic for me.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
That's enough money to change someone's life. I think I scrolled by a headline about a kid that wanted to buy a house for his family on case he won money from the tournament so it's nice to see at least a bit of the game's revenue shared back with some of the players.