CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, having the alternate style be Hulk dressed like a Fortnite default is a super weird choice, I feel like they had quite a few better options IMO
I'll be in the minority, but I actually prefer an original look for the alt as opposed to a popular comic look. I don't mind this alt look

OP
OP
rpm

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'll be in the minority, but I actually prefer an original look for the alt as opposed to a popular comic look. I don't mind this alt look
Fair enough. I'm not totally opposed to the idea of original styles instead of it being based on an existing look, but I don't like the Fortnite Chapter 1 "trope" (?) of the armband/wrist computer thing/etc., so I'm not a fan of this one

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
With bikes now in the game, I dream of a Kamen Rider skin.

url
Soldier 76 in ow2 just got a skin just like this. It's so rad.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough. I'm not totally opposed to the idea of original styles instead of it being based on an existing look, but I don't like the Fortnite Chapter 1 "trope" (?) of the armband/wrist computer thing/etc., so I'm not a fan of this one
Yeah, I won't necessarily go to bat for this being the most creative skin in the world haha

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Gave this a watch and it was a pretty good video. Like him, I find myself immune to FOMO after returning to the game a few years later. I look at my collection of skins from early Fortnite and I'm asking myself "why did I buy this?" It's made me 2nd guess wanting every single skin I've seen on the shop so far. Except for Geralt, which isn't even available yet.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1kbBcm9XRI

It's the battle pass that gets me, but I think it's not that difficult to complete if you're just going for daily quests. I feel like with limited time, I do want to spend time to get the battle pass rewards.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Epic must have a rogue Fortnite employee uploading locked emotes behind the scenes 👀

Bought for me and gifted to a friend Rambunctious via Discord bot like I did for a friend yesterday with Tidy. Will we have a third crazy day in the item shop?
If Travis Scott comes back then you know someone at Epic wanted to lose their job.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
The Cary Towne Center (the former mall that is now Epic HQ) was the mall I went to regularly from teenhood until my late 20s. It's so odd thinking of that building now being something I can't just drive up and go in.

I hope they converted one of the stores into a Scrooge McDuck-like money bin that just floods with coins every time a Fortnite cosmetic is bought.

Oct 25, 2017
How do I activate the ue5 graphics in the new update. I don't see the option to change the 120 fps mode in settings.

Playing on series X

i didnt have the option either for some reason. My console was set to 120 HZ in the settings of the xbox, so I just switched it to 60 on the console level.

I don't have any advice, but that's so weird. It's the first option when you open up settings for me.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
God I hope Epic revert the changes to weeklys, especially being unable to do them in team rumble...just seems completely asinine to me.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Combat shotgun augment is the best gun in the game. Is the only weapon I actually like this season.

Oct 25, 2017
Having some controller issue. I wanted to try gyro with my ps4 controller, but I can't get the game to detect it. I use rewasd normally for remapping. Setting rewasd to ds4 output doesn't work. Setting it to xbox output works fine in game, but then there's no gyro input. I tried turning rewasd off for native input, but I still can't get fortnite to detect the controller.

How do you get the gyro with ds4 working?

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
I will say the high ttk this season makes Team Rumble more annoying to play than usual. I also find it a bit harder to keep track of enemies, not sure if that's because of the game being visually more busy or the game being darker most of the time.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Man it feels better this season than I think it ever has gameplay-wise. Weapons are great and feel punchy, I love the perks thing, and mobility is fantastic.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
What wrong with them now not allowing the fishing rod to get upgraded? Also what with this new Victory Royale Emote you buy from the store that you can not even use at any time but only when you win while there were even BP Victory Royale emotes that you can use at any time. Fierst time seeing or hearing about a conditional emote that you even pay for.

Oct 20, 2018
It's in french, but in Quebec we just have the news of a accepted collective action of 3 parents of kids, against Epic Games.

Because the game is too addictive/create addiction for kids.

www.lapresse.ca

Dépendance | L’action collective québécoise contre Fortnite autorisée

Fortnite n’a peut-être pas été conçu avec l’intention délibérée de créer la dépendance, mais c’est bel et bien l’effet que ce jeu vidéo a eu sur de jeunes joueurs. Son concepteur, Epic Games, devra donc se défendre d’une action collective déposée en octobre 2019 au nom de trois parents québécois...

( use google translator or something, or wait a english version of the news )

Kind of funny to me, because they talk of 1000 hour on 1-2 year span, which is maybe not a lot for many people here lol.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I got placed in a way higher tier at the start of this season but man, I'm getting absolutely rocked in nearly every match. I used to win something like once every 4 or 5 solo matches last chapter. Maybe I just need to get a grasp on the new weapons, they're all pretty different from what I'm used to. Either that or maybe it's time to play around with the controller sensitivity... something just feels off at the moment, despite the season looking and playing amazing.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if I got placed in a way higher tier at the start of this season but man, I'm getting absolutely rocked in nearly every match. I used to win something like once every 4 or 5 solo matches last chapter. Maybe I just need to get a grasp on the new weapons, they're all pretty different from what I'm used to. Either that or maybe it's time to play around with the controller sensitivity... something just feels off at the moment, despite the season looking and playing amazing.

If you get many kills, your match making increases. Just get killed many times and you will be rolled back to lobbies with less experienced players.

Deleted member 910

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know when DLSS is coming back because shit has been rough

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you get many kills, your match making increases. Just get killed many times and you will be rolled back to lobbies with less experienced players.
Yeah, that makes sense. But I'm not ready to admit defeat. If it happens it happens, but I'm not going to force myself into a lower skill tier just to make things easier.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
It's in french, but in Quebec we just have the news of a accepted collective action of 3 parents of kids, against Epic Games.

Because the game is too addictive/create addiction for kids.

www.lapresse.ca

Dépendance | L’action collective québécoise contre Fortnite autorisée

Fortnite n’a peut-être pas été conçu avec l’intention délibérée de créer la dépendance, mais c’est bel et bien l’effet que ce jeu vidéo a eu sur de jeunes joueurs. Son concepteur, Epic Games, devra donc se défendre d’une action collective déposée en octobre 2019 au nom de trois parents québécois...

( use google translator or something, or wait a english version of the news )

Kind of funny to me, because they talk of 1000 hour on 1-2 year span, which is maybe not a lot for many people here lol.

Maybe they should parent better.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Here's a better AFK XP map than the one I posted earlier. It won't stop AFK like the other one does (at least it was doing that for me).

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvjij8LOszE

Edit: this one stopped for me as well. Has anyone found a full afk maFp yet?

Finding the xp slower this time around. 2 hours for a little over 250k and the game boots you out. Try again and I get about 40k for another 2 hours. Cranking out about 3-4 levels per day via the xp map.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
Lmao, I was riding a boar when I encountered a pack of three wolves. Decided to tame and untame among them before having to disengage because of the storm. Went from 1 to 12 in the milestone tracker in 25 minutes.

LDNStateOfMind

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
yeah the afk rooms seem awful to me now; I'm using the new one above it's going up in 3 to 7xp. Same as the desert one from last season i always used. Never got anywhere near that low last season.

EDIT: hmm seems to be going up more now so maybe it's not that different

Last edited:

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Didn't play for six years. Started back up again last weekend. I've clocked around 20 games and won 4 so far. Top ten in almost every match and I'm having a blast.

Then the PS5 broke. It's in the shop now. Who knows when I'll get it back.

…but the game is free to play so I just downloaded it on my Series X. What a time to be alive.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
This season pass has no duds to me. All absolute bangers, damn these characters are cool.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't play for six years. Started back up again last weekend. I've clocked around 20 games and won 4 so far. Top ten in almost every match and I'm having a blast.

Then the PS5 broke. It's in the shop now. Who knows when I'll get it back.

…but the game is free to play so I just downloaded it on my Series X. What a time to be alive.

Free to play and cross progression. Oh baby.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm done with the scar forever. I don't care what grade it is. I don't know how you hit anyone with it.
Lol I still need to train my brain not to touch those things. Every time I see one drop(which is like every other chest) I instinctually prioritize it in my loadout due to how good it once was.

And it's a fatal mistake I make each time.