• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ballisticola

Nov 1, 2017
I go through random funks like this. Usually just me making bad decisions though. Just had a 13 game losing streak. What's worse is that when I break these losing streaks, i feel like it's just because I found a random game with bad players.
I rage quit earlier, then immediately put my headphones back in and played one last game, thinking it was the worst thing to do...but fought my backside off to win.

Anyway, happy new year (to some), here's a funny video of the luckiest and unluckiest players I've ever seen (the title is that imaginative).

Nov 13, 2017
This user was warned for Inappropriate Language
I don't know WHY I do this. I build a 1x1 tower and I have great position. I see someone off in the distance and focus on him for some stupid fucking reason. Then before I know it, someone has built a ramp up to me and I can't defend in time.

I know better to always focus only on my immediate surroundings but sometimes I just go full retard.

Last edited:

Strider

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Managed a couple more solo wins today.

I'm just stupid addicted to this game since starting it up a couple weeks ago... The building mid combat and all the counter play that can happen between 2 solid players is amazing to me. Love just roaming around the map searching for kills.

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah. Just had a really fun game where I had no idea where the last guy was and I had 2 jump pads. So I had 2 towers I kept jumping back and forth between until I finally saw him moving to the next circle. Easy snipe :)

No other game lets you do stuff like that.

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My Squad and I killed all enemies down to a single guy.

We spotted him way off in the distance.

Popped down a jump pad and all
4 of us paratrooper'ed right on top of him at once & took him out.

Classic moment.

ballisticola

Nov 1, 2017
I don't know WHY I do this. I build a 1x1 tower and I have great position. I see someone off in the distance and focus on him for some stupid fucking reason. Then before I know it, someone has built a ramp up to me and I can't defend in time.

I know better to always focus only on my immediate surroundings but sometimes I just go full retard.
Don't feel so bad, because I just defeated a guy 5 high, who was just firing RPGs at anything. When he did find me, he just carried on hopping up and down on top of his fort, so I just waited until he jumped and hit him for 105. It was then he started rifling me, so I built some walls in front of me, waited until he broke through and smashed him for 212. So you could have been that guy :D In the same game, I tried to snipe someone who ran away as the storm came and I followed him. I got to circle with 1HP and just as he was finishing off someone else. He built a 2x1 and I just popped up over the top as he was healing. You could have been him too :D

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow so mad right now.

final 3. I'm center in sick base I built . Got gold scar , rockets , purple shotty . 2 blue shields 9 mini shields , infinite material , full health and shields with 6 kills.

Game randomly drops out and I get an erro screen of some sort back to main menu.

I just got screwed out of a sure fire win :/

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Silenced pistol going live tomorrow:

It's time for the first Battle Royale update of the year! This update is planned to go live on Jan. 2 at 8am (13:00 GMT). Show off your stealthy skills in the new Sneaky Silencer Limited Time Mode, (Jan. 5 - Jan. 8) featuring the new Silenced Pistol.

SILENCED PISTOL
  • Can be found as Epic and Legendary rarity.
  • Can be found in treasure chests, supply drops or as floor loot.
SNEAKY SILENCERS
This Limited Time Mode is available January 5 and ends on January 8.
  • Weapons are limited to Suppressed SMG and Suppressed Pistols only.
  • Traps are disabled.
  • Greatly increased drop rate of the Bush.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
How are they doing so many patches without a client update? Did they secretly include it all in the last update and just switch bits on as the weeks go by?

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
How are they doing so many patches without a client update? Did they secretly include it all in the last update and just switch bits on as the weeks go by?

Yeah they mentioned improving their hotfix system about two weeks ago or so:
"Additionally, we're continuing to work on improvements to our hotfix system. This will allow us to tweak more than just balance numbers without requiring a full client patch, but we're not quite there yet. Thanks for your patience!"

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I haven't fiended to play a game like this in a long time. With the holidays and work I haven't been able to fit in a lot of Fortnite over the last week or so and it's driving me nuts!

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
They suggested that new shooting mechanics will be tested January, right? New weapon is always exciting, but that's one of three major changes I am most looking forward at the moment (new shooting model, new map, global spectator mode for custom games).

Nov 13, 2017
Unless the silenced pistol does a truck load of damage, I'm not really sure how it's going to fit in other than being a useless legendary drop in supply crates (hopefully not). I was hoping the holosight in the graphic was actually real, but the devs confirmed it's just in the picture only.

EDIT: This was confirmed by Epic:

The purple pistol does 26 damage while the legendary pistol does 28 damage.

Last edited:

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
Unless the silenced pistol does a truck load of damage, I'm not really sure how it's going to fit in other than being a useless legendary drop in supply crates (hopefully not). I was hoping the holosight in the graphic was actually real, but the devs confirmed it's just in the picture only.

EDIT: This was confirmed by Epic:

The purple pistol does 26 damage while the legendary pistol does 28 damage.
How much damage did the normal/green/blue pistols do?

BumblebeeCody

Oct 28, 2017
I rage quit earlier, then immediately put my headphones back in and played one last game, thinking it was the worst thing to do...but fought my backside off to win.

Anyway, happy new year (to some), here's a funny video of the luckiest and unluckiest players I've ever seen (the title is that imaginative).

Damn. Well played.

I found some pretty interesting tech regarding rocket cycling. Especially good for the new explosive mode. It's pretty ridiculous.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
They really need a punish/forgive mechanic for team kills. Playing random squads for the challenges is just rough at this point. 2/3 of the matches I play I get done in by another member.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
New item dropping next week, the Cozy Campfire - "Cozy up to the campfire. This healing item slowly rejuvenates the health of all nearby players."

Support for this game is really superb.

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Team fights in squads will be interesting with this depending on how much it heals, can build up afterwards and potentially reset your whole squad healthwise.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Hadn't realised the Snowflake umbrella was a thing – coming back for the first binge since toward the end of the Halloween update.

giphy.gif

Time to get serious.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone feel like they are adding way too many gimmick items? And now there are 3 different shield potions?

I'm still waiting for basic shoulder swap.

Last edited:

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone feel like they are adding way too many gimmick items? And now there are 3 different shield potions?.

I feel like they are simply 'trying sh*t out', being Early Access and all, they've been quick to balance things.

And now, under the category of when building a fort - don't slap a door at ground level - Just edit one in WHEN you need to leave - or this might occurr

Them trying to close the door in a panic and just opening it outwards was a nice touch.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, shoulder switching definitely needs added, but I also love all the gimmick items. Really keeps the game fresh. Hell, small shields have completely changed the flow of the game. Love them.

Strider

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Anyone feel like they are adding way too many gimmick items? And now there are 3 different shield potions?

I think at some point that could be the case... Not quite yet tho.

I hope they continue to consistently add and try out new items then just rotate the gimmicky/situational items in and out over time so the loot pool isn't too diluted.

OP
OP
Edge

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
The only way to complete the battle pass by now is to have spent a lot of money buying tiers so yeah. Congrats on having a lot of VBucks I guess :P

I think if you start right now, you could still make it, with 2 daily challenges a day = 1 Battle Pass level per day, you could reach 50 or 51, rest of the 20 could you get with simple leveling. 1 level = 1 Star, every 5 Level you get 5 instead of 1, every 10 you get 10 instead of 1. I'm only BP 11 right now and hope I can still make it.

Nov 13, 2017
I've won 2 games today and haven't even touched the silenced pistol. I keep seeing the legendary everywhere though. It's just hard to give something up for an untested gun and I don't like dying. I plat the game too safe, I tell ya.

I'm at tier 41. Season level is 76. I've done every daily challenge since the start of the season. Still feels like I have a long way to go. By then, I probably won't even want the black knight. But I still have 400 vbucks to get, as well as a pretty cool pickaxe. So there's that.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I've won 2 games today and haven't even touched the silenced pistol. I keep seeing the legendary everywhere though. It's just hard to give something up for an untested gun and I don't like dying. I plat the game too safe, I tell ya.
I've yet to touch it myself but i've heard its pretty great for making long distance shots.

ballisticola

Nov 1, 2017
I think variety is great in this type of game. Also, the shield potions are far from gimmick, they're great.
I second that. None of them are gimmicks. The mini shield is the best addition the game has had. It adds a real extra level when you just have one shield and decide whether to wait for the minis.

Anyway, I made a right idiot of myself earlier. Down to the last three, without a win in 20 games, I had a purple pistol. I heard someone building up behind me and destroyed them with it. But it left me with 40HP...and I didn't notice. So when I was sat there in my newly build base, watching a "completely idiot" building towards me, I got murdered in one shot :D

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, at all the ranges he used it at the AR or a shotgun would have been just as fast TTK.
Oh, sure, i certainly wasn't trying to imply it was better than either of those options, just fairly good and potentially viable.

Though Dakotaz is saying he believes it to be the best weapon in the game currently, but i think hes just excited about it and is a bit carried away.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
did anyone see a new update that said we would get campfire for a team healing item next week? I wonder how good it would be.

Nov 13, 2017
If it's an item that you have to use from your 5 slots, then I think it's terrible. They are just adding too many items

If it's a "trap" then I think it will be interesting.

On another note, I am pretty happy with my last 20 solo matches. Won 50% of them.

oQSM7uj.png

Still not playing a super aggressive style, but winning is so much fun and I live for the tactics and decision making required for killing the last few people. That said, I am getting a lot better with the shotgun. Slowly but surely.

Last edited:

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
That new pistol is legit. It shoots crazy fast.

It is legit but I'm struggling to find space for it in my 5 slots.

- Shotgun
- AR
- Healing
- Sniper
- Explosives

+ I really like smoke grenades.

On the topic of smoke grenades I actually think they are amazing distraction tools rather than necessarily using it to conceal yourself. If you are running behind someone, throw one ahead of them and they start hiding behind stuff, looking at the smoke thinking someone is there. Rambo behind them and boom.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
If it's an item that you have to use from your 5 slots, then I think it's terrible. They are just adding too many items

Having a member of the Squad carrying it for when building a base for endgame does could be quite useful.

It is legit but I'm struggling to find space for it in my 5 slots.

- Shotgun
- AR
- Healing
- Sniper
- Explosives

+ I really like smoke grenades.
I could see myself being OK switching out the shotgun every now and then for the silenced pistol.

Last edited:

Rebetherick

Oct 26, 2017
Love the new pistol, had great fun in pleasant park taking pot shots at people and watching them panic. Great addition to the game.

Got a few kills with it, highest damage in 1 shot was 65.

Status
Not open for further replies.