Real

Oct 28, 2017
"EVERYWHERE" is shaping up to be a title with big scope, huh?

The year prior, he announced the formation of Build a Rocket Boy, an Edinburgh and Budapest-based games studio which has already hired over 130 people including former GTA developers, including GTA V programmer Colin Entwistle, lead cinematics animator Felipe Busquets, music director Craig Conner and audio director Matthew Smith.

According to a new report in The Telegraph, Build a Rocket Boy has now secured investment from companies including Chinese gaming giant Netease.

In its latest funding round the studio raised £32m, according to data from the consultancy Beauhurst. This includes investment from Cayman fund Makers and New York cryptocurrency investor Galaxy Interactive.

Build a Rocket Boy's first game is open-world title Everywhere, which Benzies told Venturebeat in 2017 would be unlike anything he's done before.

www.videogameschronicle.com

Former Rockstar North boss raises $42m for his GTA rival | VGC

Netease invests in Leslie Benzies'

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The pitch for the game is super generic and light, perfect for VCs

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
GTA clone but taking inspiration from... everywhere? Is this like the new Star Citizen.

MrMysterio

Oct 25, 2017
Seems they invested in the ex-management of the Rockstar dev team rather than in the game concept.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
I just hope they left their management style behind, else we may have another Michel Ansel style story in a couple years.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Embrace RP and racing communities. Just give people a cool world and a lot of tools to host their own servers. I'd say skip single player all together and throw those resources into making what GTA Online could have been.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like half the game devs/artist I've worked with in Edinburgh all work there now lol
They've been scaling up hard.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
This game has been in development since slightly before 2017. I wonder when we are finally gonna see it.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Super excited for Benzies ! With the Rockstar suit behind him, he's going to change the open world genre for the best I imagine. Can't wait to see what his team comes up with, it'll be such a nice change of pace!