ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Part III of my Popeyes thread trilogy.

Edit: Actually Part 4.

www.resetera.com

A Popeyes just opened up by my house...

And I have a spicy 16 piece meal including mashed potatoes, green beans and red beans and rice heading my way as we speak for me and a few friends. I just want everyone to know because I'm so happy right now. EDIT: Yes, biscuits too.

www.resetera.com

Popeyes spicy chicken, red beans & rice, green beans and biscuits: The perfect fast food meal

Prove me wrong (please pretend the coleslaw in this picture are the green beans):

I must insist on making yet another Popeyes thread

I love Popeyes. Tonight, we are DoorDashing Popeyes. In an effort to switch things up, I went with the popcorn shrimp, red beans & rice, green beans and a biscuit. My wife went with the spicy chicken sandwich with cajun fries. Once again, I love Popeyes. I hope your dinner is delicious as...

All I wanted was a 2 piece spicy chicken combo with green beans and red beans and rice. I knew the green beans were discontinued a few months back...but now I can't get red beans and rice?!?!?!

tumblr_o1hq4gGqQF1sj4xr4o3_500.0.gif

I mean...I GUESS I'll get the mashed potatoes and gravy, but I want my standard sides DAMMIT!

What about you? What discontinued fast food items make you absolutely miserable?

EDIT: It looks like only the location closest to us got rid of red beans and rice.

Time to move.

Last edited:

jml

Mar 9, 2018
McDonald's getting rid of their salads sucked, the southwest salad was my favorite thing on their menu.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
wtf I thought popeyes just got rid of the dirty rice

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
The hell I thought this was the other thread getting bumped. WTF is Popeye's doing??????

What is even left for side options?

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
The Beefy Crunch Burrito still stings. For a bit it was Taco Bell's McRib, but that just makes the fact that it hasn't shown up in years more annoying

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I hope the cheap fuck at Taco Bell corporate who decided to get rid of the spoonful of chives in the Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes got fired. And lost their pension. And their health benefits. Because I'm petty.

a9bb9fd0644cc9a55e66cec705838c86.png

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
McDonald's getting rid of their salads sucked, the southwest salad was my favorite thing on their menu.

You can thank e-coli for that. They finally ditched them because of how many times they had to recall lettuce due to e-coli outbreaks.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like when Dunkin stop serving Butter Pecan Iced Coffee (it's a Seasonal Flavor)

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno if it's just my Popeyes but they got rid of the original cajun chicken sandwich that had lettuce and tomato and now they only have the pickle sandwich 😔

And chicken tenders mini sandwiches (delta minis) are only available one day of the week.

Wtf?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I hope the cheap fuck at Taco Bell corporate who decided to get rid of the spoonful of chives in the Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes got fired. And lost their pension. And their health benefits. Because I'm petty.

chives are too expensive, they cost pennies my good sire

PENNIES

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
What was part I and II?

More recently, Jack in the Box had fruity cereal milk donut holes (4pc for $1!). I knew it was a limited offering but damn, they were good. Basically tasted like fruit loops.

New-Fruity-Cereal-Milk-Donut-Holes-Spotted-At-Jack-In-The-Box-b-678x381.jpg

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I can't believe Popeyes had gotten rid of their cajun rice. That's one of my favorite sides from there!

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Popeyes getting rid of the spicy battered onion rings and the cajun dirty rice.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Pretty sure this was because of the E Coli outbreak in the mid-2000s. At least, that's what I remember.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Ya know something I found out thats only in costco korea is their version of chickenbake except its bulgogi. I saw that and was like fuck me change the chickenbake here to that lol

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno when Popeye's stopped selling gumbo that may have hit harder than any of the other side dishes recently.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
me and electric blanket are like total opposites

im letting my hair grow out until a bit after i get my second vaccination, then im getting it done by a professional

i understand fastfood rice is dumb, who pays for fastfood rice, its fucking rice

green beans are lame

edit: my hair is past my shoulders btw

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, your Popeye's doesn't have red beans and rice? Mine does. Are you sure you don't mean the dirty rice?