• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Damn, that 18 page thread of people crying cos a game for Switch was delayed (probably for the better) for two months

A game that has been available for PC, Xbox360/One and PS3 for 8 years.
Morover, the remaster will also come out on schedule for PS4/X1. But MUH SOLAIRE AMIIBO!!!!

I'm as big a FROM fan as anybody and if this was Dark Souls 4 or Bloodborne 2 I would also be pretty disappointed.
But a freaking DS1 remaster? LOL truly embarassing

Jerry

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Morover, the remaster will also come out on schedule for PS4/X1. But MUH SOLAIRE AMIIBO!!!!

I'm as big a FROM fan as anybody and if this was Dark Souls 4 or Bloodborne 2 I would also be pretty disappointed.

What gets me are the people saying "Whelp looks like I'm gonna have to double dip" as if they have no fucking agency over their own decisions and are compelled to hoover up whatever excrement a publisher plates up

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
Not sure the standard TalkTalk router has QoS settings... but I can look. From what I can see it can't even go into modem only mode so I either have to buy a modem router or a separate modem and router. How fucking gash is that.

So really I'm guessing a MU MIMO router would help over a mesh network. But if I'm just sorting my switch out I can just get an Ethernet adapter. If I'm gonna sort out streaming on laptop and Netflix affecting either other I go for a new router. Man I'm pretty tech savvy but TVs and networking are 2 areas I know fuck all about. Would like a new tv for the World Cup but don't even understand what features to look for apart from HDR.

I'm the same, generally ok with tech but tbh I only ever learning about what is good/bad whenever I have/want to buy something new lol, then proceed to forget everything I knew and look at the next thing to buy

Also had a similar problem with the router I got from my ISP, ended up just getting a seperate router (one of the google wifi ones) cos I figured I'd be able to use it with whatever ISP we choose regardless.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
What gets me are the people saying "Whelp looks like I'm gonna have to double dip" as if they have no fucking agency over their own decisions and are compelled to hoover up whatever excrement a publisher plates up
That thread has destroyed any lingering faith I had that this place was different from GAF. Whiney bitches.

Deleted member 40953

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 12, 2018

I don't know whether it's just this website, but Switch owners really seem to be the most entitled group of console players.

Any thread about a game NOT announced for Switch includes multiple posts of people begging/crying about no Switch version. Spyro remaster thread being the prime example.

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK

Nerds are the worst for stuff like this, they do exactly the same with loads of the trash merchandise put out around games too

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I don't know whether it's just this website, but Switch owners really seem to be the most entitled group of console players.

Any thread about a game NOT announced for Switch includes multiple posts of people begging/crying about no Switch version. Spyro remaster thread being the prime example.
I find it hilarious when a new AAA game is announced, and the cunt Nintendo fans post 'No Switch version, no buy'.

Yes, this graphically impressive new AAA game isn't coming out on a console that's barely more powerful than the 13 year old Xbox 360. Sorry. Get over it.

I have a switch, and quite enjoy it, but even picking the thing up makes me feel like a gigantic prick.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Hahaha yeah.

I can't not buy it! Someone save me from myself.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are people in that thread seriously suggesting that Sony/MS have paid to keep it off Switch. That the company with the best-selling console in the world is paying to keep A 7 year-old remaster off of a handheld.

Seriously.
But don't you understand. People have played it. The truth is out there. Follow the money. Sony are paying off third parties because they're afraid of the giant that is Nintendo being awoken.

timmbp

Oct 25, 2017

PFA Premier League TOTY! @OfficialPanini

GK | David De Gea
RB | Kyle Walker
CB | Jan Vertonghen
CB | Nicolás Otamendi
LB | Marcos Alonso
MID | David Silva
MID | Kevin De Bruyne
MID | Christian Eriksen
FWD | Harry Kane
FWD | Mohamed Salah
FWD | Sergio Agüero

gir

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be happy if they chose Sergio Aguero this season for his service to the league, the fact that he has never gotten POTY is a travesty

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ben Davies
Andy Robertson
Ben Mee

All better choices than Alonso. Because what, he scored a few free kicks at the start of the season?

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I'd be happy if they chose Sergio Aguero this season for his service to the league, the fact that he has never gotten POTY is a travesty
Aguero has never been in the Team of the Year until now, let alone won PotY, which is just fucking mental when you think about it

Kyle walker?
Otamendi?
Alonso the killer?

Where's the real list?
I think Walker is deserving, Otamendi and Alonso should be nowhere near this list.

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't go into that switch topic, but the other one where the guy was crying about how 3rd parties were ignoring the switch and what can we do about it. I told him to buy a PS4 and play the many games on there while waiting for switch games. I have a switch as well, but I have a PS4 because Sony is fucking on fire and to miss that because you only buy Nintendo consoles is fucking stupid.

Oct 27, 2017
I have a switch, and quite enjoy it, but even picking the thing up makes me feel like a gigantic prick.

I definitely went through that period of wanting to play everything on Switch, but I'm over it now. My experience of playing anything on that system other than Nintendo games has been pretty bad so far. Convincing myself Skyrim was a good game because it was portable and now thinking "why the fuck am I doing this" trying to enjoy FM Touch are the final straw.

Belongs to my kids now, and it's already covered in the chocolate fingerprints to prove it.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I didn't go into that switch topic, but the other one where the guy was crying about how 3rd parties were ignoring the switch and what can we do about it. I told him to buy a PS4 and play the many games on there while waiting for switch games. I have a switch as well, but I have a PS4 because Sony is fucking on fire and to miss that because you only buy Nintendo consoles is fucking stupid.
I guarantee you that guy had a PS4 as well. Nintendo fans are obsessed with playing sub-par versions of popular games.

I definitely went through that period of wanting to play everything on Switch, but I'm over it now. My experience of playing anything on that system other than Nintendo games has been pretty bad so far. Convincing myself Skyrim was a good game because it was portable and now thinking "why the fuck am I doing this" trying to enjoy FM Touch are the final straw.
I actually quite like Skyrim on Switch. It's perfect in so far as it runs well and I'll never replay it on a big screen. Just an hour here or there on a plane or in a hotel room.

There's no way I'm buying a new game on it that's available elsewhere.

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
Yeah the switch is great, but I would only ever get Nintendo games or indie ones that either suit being portable or multiplayer on it. And even then they would have to be proven to run well. I'll be pretty disappointed if Hollow Knight turns out to be sluggish on it

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got my copy of God of war. I will form my definitive knee-jerk opinion after approximately 30 minutes of play and let you guys know how overrated it is.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017

Entitlement has reached new levels:

2015 "I want to play this game!!! Why isn't it coming out?"
2018 "I want to play the remaster of an 8 yr old game on a specific system!!! I can't even"

GK | David De Gea
RB | Kyle Walker
CB | Jan Vertonghen
CB | Nicolás Otamendi
LB | Marcos Alonso
MID | David Silva
MID | Kevin De Bruyne
MID | Christian Eriksen
FWD | Harry Kane
FWD | Mohamed Salah
FWD | Sergio Agüero

No Mustafi?
#fakenews

Jerry

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Entitlement has reached new levels:
2015 "I want to play this game!!! Why isn't it coming out?"
2018 "I want to play the remaster of an 8 yr old game on a specific system!!! I can't even"

I wasn't even moaning about the entitlement, which is bad enough. More the glorification of blind consumerism which enables all the shite practices in the industry.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Otamendi deserves to be on the list if you have to put defenders in. Except for the Liverpool games and the home derby where he played like himself from prior seasons he has been uncharacteristically great and not dropping to floor every time a player came near him, he has been the core of the defense playing in every Prem game that resulted in a grand total of 25 goals against the team so far and that is without a permanent defensive partnership.

Though I consider Fernandinho, Sane and Sterling the bigger reason to why City have conceded so few whilst playing such an attacking type of football but 90% of the time Otamendi has made the correct decision and very few if any goals have come from his mistakes. Walker, on the other hand, has been at fault for some massive goals.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
I wasn't even moaning about the entitlement, which is bad enough. More the glorification of blind consumerism which enables all the shite practices in the industry.

Largely depends on the company here though. EA, WB, Ubi etc. are always under heavy scrutiny (often for valid reasons).
But when Nintendo releases a limited edition Solaire Amiibo.... nobody ever asks (is allowed to ask) why:

- these things cost 30€ (lol)
- contain DLC
- Nintendo puts up arbitrary limits on shit to create fake scarcity

StrawberryJam

Oct 29, 2017
Do some of the devils dandruff like that video above and you'll feel gr8.

But seriously, good luck. Hope they don't cut your leg off ennit.

Fuck anaesthetic I'm getting coked up in the operating room. Expect vulgar descriptions of my wounds come Friday.

GK | David De Gea
RB | Kyle Walker
CB | Jan Vertonghen
CB | Nicolás Otamendi
LB | Marcos Alonso
MID | David Silva
MID | Kevin De Bruyne
MID | Christian Eriksen
FWD | Harry Kane
FWD | Mohamed Salah
FWD | Sergio Agüero

What the fuck is Marcos Alonso doing there? Robertson has been so much better in half a season than he has the full thing. Tarkowski has been better than Otamendi as well. Rest of the team is fine

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Otamendi deserves to be on the list if you have to put defenders in. Except for the Liverpool games and the home derby where he played like himself from prior seasons he has been uncharacteristically great and not dropping to floor every time a player came near him, he has been the core of the defense playing in every Prem game that resulted in a grand total of 25 goals against the team so far and that is without a permanent defensive partnership.

Though I consider Fernandinho, Sane and Sterling the bigger reason to why City have conceded so few whilst playing such an attacking type of football but 90% of the time Otamendi has made the correct decision and very few if any goals have come from his mistakes. Walker, on the other hand, has been at fault for some massive goals.
So Otamendi has been found suspect in exactly the same amount of games City have actually been attacked? Easy to look like a good defender when you don't have to do anything. Same is true of Walker. Fernandhino not being in the team is a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.