TheAvatar

Nov 4, 2017
cbs12.com

Florida breaks another single-day coronavirus record with more than 15,000 cases

TALLAHASSE, Fla. (WPEC) – Florida shattered another coronavirus record Sunday morning, adding 15,300 new cases with 45 additional deaths. According to the latest data, the state total of coronavirus cases stands at 269,811 with a total of 4,346 deaths. That is an increase in the death toll of...

Well this seems a lot worse than New York now, my goodness

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
That's just insane.

It's a freaking joke that DeSantis won't get in any type of trouble for this.

NunezL

Jun 17, 2020
142k testings on a single day. Damn that's a lot, I don't how much longer they'll be able to keep up with this pace.
Things are probably gonna get ugly. Hopefully they're catching a lot of this positive cases quite early. But hospitals are filling up in the meantime

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Cant Florida Democrats hammer this into the public ?

The issue is that Republicans don't give two shits about facts. Once their stubborn asses make up their mind (basically whatever BS they're told by Fox, Limbaugh, and Trump), it's locked it.

The only thing that gets through to them is something happening to them directly. They're 100% incapable of seeing anything the bigger picture and lack the critical thinking skills to put two and two together.

It's one of the biggest reasons why they're having such a huge meltdown regarding masks. They're fully incapable of seeing the bigger picture, only focusing on how it impacts them.

Jaychrome91

Nov 4, 2018
Insane numbers for it being the weekend. Desantis is such a trump puppet. So many people's lives are in danger, especially the massive old population down here in Florida. All the blood that will be on desantis hands, I hope he pays dearly for it.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like we are getting way better at treating the virus. Death rates seem to be declining compared to new cases. Not at all saying Florida is doing anything right, just speaking generally.

Though I might be misreading this. Hopefully there is not some gigantic spike in 3 weeks...

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Do you think elderly people in Florida that voted for Trump last time around will reconsider their vote for him after seeing their friends die or get seriously sick, and then seeing Trump say "99% of cases are harmless"?

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
This is going to be bad.
Start bringing in those refrigerated trucks. Disney World must have a lot of refrigerators.

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
That's a huge backlog of cases that finally got reported. Positivity rate actually a tick down (11% vs the highs of 15-18%) which is a tiny silver lining.
a0ltwMJ.png

ctcWCsl.png

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Insane numbers for it being the weekend. Desantis is such a trump puppet. So many people's lives are in danger, especially the massive old population down here in Florida. All the blood that will be on desantis hands, I hope he pays dearly for it.

I wonder what DeSantis will do when Trump's eventually gone.

Last edited:

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would make sense for them to dump a bunch of backlogged tests on 1 day so they can make it seem like we peaked as future days trend down. Florida testing is useless because a lot of places dont give results till like a week later. The desantis logic is always having some data point to spin like 'cases are going down!'

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
Exponential growth is laughable in the beginning, and terrifyingly scary from the middle to the end. America is in the middle about to find out how bad it can truly get. 15K is nothing, at this rate you could easily see 30-45K a day if things go unchecked.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, the cases in FL are very delayed due to the labs being swamped.

The VERY TROUBLING thing about this is people get tested then continue with their life for 4-7 days before they get a result. Therefore infecting tons of people before they know to isolate.

And the incupation period being 4-5 days makes it even worse, so even if we lock down completely now it could take 2 weeks to slow it?

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The number of tests is at least a sliver of good news. I hope they can keep up that capacity (and even expand it because clearly they need it). We might be past contact tracing for now there, but at least more tests gives a clearly understanding of how fucked the state is instead of completely flying blind. Although without any lockdown measures going into place it's also meaningless because if nothing is done the numbers aren't just going to disappear on their own (and even if something is done, that is only going to start leveling off numbers in a couple weeks...)

Contraband

Nov 15, 2017
Hannah, Montana
It seems like we are getting way better at treating the virus. Death rates seem to be declining compared to new cases. Not at all saying Florida is doing anything right, just speaking generally.

We are of course getting better at treating the virus but I do not think we should look at Florida's death rates as accurate or even in good faith; with all of the DOH whistleblowers coming out of FL.