Lifejumper

#1 Celtics fan / #7 Serbia fan
Oct 25, 2017

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Sounds promising.

2/3 dancing aliens

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
oyEZBc.gif

Wasn't originally going to buy it but they're (devs) saying all the right things

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I posted this in the 'Aliens: Fireteam Elite' launch trailer thread a week ago, but the thread was nuked by the time I arrived:

"Out of curiosity, is this a local/couch co-op game?

Split screen games are becoming increasingly rare these days … 😔 "

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
I posted this in the 'Aliens: Fireteam Elite' launch trailer thread a week ago, but the thread was nuked by the time I arrived:

Offline mode is solo with bots/ai, there's no split screen my friend :/
Also no crossplay is a bummer

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Curious to see if there's a character creator in this game.

It would be funny if I can re-create myself and my pals and watch all of us die an unapologetically gruesome death by all forms of violent species of extraterrestrial.

vlaar

Banned
Sep 23, 2018
Honestly that's my favorite kind of scoring system and the perfect kind. Yes, No, Price Drop

1-5 kind of works and anything else is garbage.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Oh this might well be a lovely example of who watches the video and who doesn't before commenting.

Adore this channel. Adore Dem Aliens.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017

Back 4 Blood doesn't support it either. Halo Infinite only supported it after pressure from Halo 5. It really does seem to be going the way of the dodo for non-indie titles. Sigh.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
There's a separate, I think rumoured, Alien title as a sequel to Isolation…right? Or have I been dreaming.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
embargo is up. game is good. my review:

arstechnica.com

Aliens: Fireteam Elite review: Finally, co-op action worthy of this franchise

Limited scope, big weapons and tactics, bigger monsters add up to a surprise hit.

2013's Aliens: Colonial Marines was arguably the last huge video game to focus on the "Aliens with an S" side of all things xenomorphic. Between flashy trailers and Gearbox's reputation at the time, series fans got their hopes up that the 1986 James Cameron film would finally inspire a modern shooter worth a loud oorah. Not so much.

This week, the letter S returns to PCs and game consoles with far lower expectations in the form of Aliens: Fireteam Elite. And I gotta say, this three-player co-op romp's success makes me angry about Colonial Marines all over again.While losing hours to this new game's faithful, no-frills fun, I imagined Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford sitting next to me. Between missions, I would ask him why his development teams couldn't surpass a little-known indie studio's slimmed-down excuse to rev up machine guns and flamethrowers with friends.

Still, a genuinely fun Aliens game is better late than never. And this is much better.

GreatBriTom

Host/Producer at GameSpot
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Our review discussion on Aliens: Fireteam Elite, a game that could use some tweaks to its pretty rigid design and mechanics to make it truly great.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's time for a GWC reviews/let's plays thread since he's back and actively uploading again. There was one at the old place and it was gold.

Also great score! :)

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess this is the review thread?

Opencritic: 71

PC Gamer 71/100
A fun and flexible swarm shooter that's a little too reliant on being played alongside friends.

Gamesradar 3.5/5
Aliens: Fireteam Elite is a solid third-person co-op shooter that feels like it belongs in the franchise, but its replayability has yet to be determined.

Wccftech 6/10
An experience built for a fireteam of three, Aliens: Fireteam Elite turns the xenomorph horror on LV-895 into a shooting gallery that sadly misses the mark of what made its source material so iconic in the first place.

Eurogamer
A short, sharp and fairly shallow take on the famed franchise nevertheless delivers on the full Aliens power fantasy.

Polygon
The game presents a solid foundation that manages to surprise in a few respects, but doesn't quite take the plunge in full. I was hoping this iteration on the Aliens universe would finally be the one unafraid to take risks. But I'll have to wait for the next attempt to find out if it's not just a hopeless wish.