• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
So I have 5 Seliphs. Will divine Tyrfing actually make him good? And if I'm promoting one to 5* anyway, should I just keep him there, or merge back to be 4+ fodder,

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
So I have 5 Seliphs. Will divine Tyrfing actually make him good? And if I'm promoting one to 5* anyway, should I just keep him there, or merge back to be 4+ fodder,
If you have 5, merging them all together would be equivalent to a base 5* so it depends on how much you plan on pulling on red. I personally don't see Divine Tyrfing moving the needle for Seliph much, so I wouldn't recommend investing in him expecting a jump up the tier list. I already have a Seliph I've invested a fair amount of SI into, so I'll take the plunge though.

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
Oh wait, sorry, I was looking at the wrong red lord who can get a better sword. I meant Eliwood, who I have a nice +atk/-hp copy of

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I actually pulled fodder this time on the TT banner: back to back 4* Barsts, and then 3* Est and A-Tiki. I just want a bonus unit so TT is less of a slog.

Lavenza

Oct 27, 2017
New BHB is piss easy if you gave a Green DC physical unit.

Unfortunately, I didnt have one so I resorted to using our favourite Green divine dragon Fae to kill Takumi and the Blue Cavalry.

Last edited:

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Oh wait, sorry, I was looking at the wrong red lord who can get a better sword. I meant Eliwood, who I have a nice +atk/-hp copy of
Oh, ELIWOOD is another story entirely. With Blazing Durandal, his Attack stat slightly edges out Brave Roy. Give him Death Blow on the A slot and Def Ploy on the C and he becomes a one-hit monster that'll cause Green and frail Red units to tremble. Throw Swordbreaker and Horse Emblem/Delthea support on top and he's laughing. Give him Quickened Pulse and Draconic Aura and even a few Blue units will be crying.

Alternatively, you can give him Swift Sparrow/Life & Death to do a solid impression of his son on Horse Emblem teams. You won't trigger Galeforce as reliably as his lower speed will force you to choose between Quickened Pulse and Speed +3, but beggars can't be choosers.

shinespark

Oct 25, 2017
New BHB is piss easy if you gave a Green DC physical unit.

Unfortunately, I didnt have one so I resorted to using our favourite Green divine dragon Fae to kill Takumi and the Blue Cavalry.

Yeah, Dorcas seems like he'd excel in this BHB. I haven't trained mine up yet though, so I ran Dragon Emblem as well. It has just barely enough killing power to take out all the mages.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
DC Armor Emblem carried me through the BHB once I accepted my horses simply weren't going to pull it off. Hector and BK were a terrifying double team, while Amelia picked up the scraps.

Lavenza

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Dorcas seems like he'd excel in this BHB. I haven't trained mine up yet though, so I ran Dragon Emblem as well. It has just barely enough killing power to take out all the mages.
I actually tried with Adult Tiki as my tank and she's so broken if you choose to advance from thr right side. I dance her on first turn and move her to the tile next to the wall, she then takes out 2 on enemy phase lmao.

Haven't tried it yet but good to know that my Fae gets some action again.
There's my good dragon girl... !
Haha, its probably not the best option though since you need a fairly specific setup for it to work.

Xequalsy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rein/Lyn did it again :p

I just needed to sub in Julia, as someone with repo who could tank a hit from the blue Cav mage. Otherwise it was fairly easy.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Refrain from using offensive words such as "retard"
Yeah, screw this BHB on infernal. It also just shows why Cancel Affinity should be removed from the game. "Look at me ma, i'm Taco and now i have no weakness" ... that inflated butt even kills Hector if he doesn't have full health, and that's even with 2 Armor Ward buffs.

Edit: Removed certain word from the post and replaced it.

Last edited:

Shito

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone got real tips?
For Infernal BHB?
I went in with the same team I did lunatic with, opened it the same way, then started thinking I was stuck and would have to devise a clever new strategy for it, parked all of my units out of harm's way just to see and... somehow winged it pretty easily.
My team was Xander / BLyn / Cecilia / P!Azura.
Cecilia just provided Xander with an initial hone, and he tanked both Takumi and the green cav with it, killing them both in the process. That's where I moved everyone to the top line, and to my surprise P!Azura tanked the blue cav with ease. From there BLyn killed the closest flyer and the blue cav, Cecilia repositioned her so that nobody could get hit, and on the last turn BLyn killed the second flyer while Xander disposed of the remaining red mage, with the help of P!Azura dancing him to victory.
Really easy one for me, for once.

Yeah, screw this BHB on infernal. It also just shows why Cancel Affinity should be removed from the game. "Look at me ma, i'm Taco and now i have no weakness" ... that inflated retard even kills Hector if he doesn't have full health, and that's even with 2 Armor Ward buffs.
I don't know, honed Xander with Quick Riposte 2 just countered him to death. ^^

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know, honed Xander with Quick Riposte 2 just countered him to death. ^^

That's why they put the Blarwolf cav-mage next to him and made them inseperatable. But i finally managed to beat it with a team-build i found on reddit that doesn't consist of some 5* +10 ultra-skill-inherited heroes.

Not looking foward for the return of this BHB with the Askr trio quest. -_-

Xequalsy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got real tips?
If you have three repositions and a dancer, you can kill Takumi using a horse mage (Rein, Cecilia etc...) and then reposition everyone out except for one person who can tank the blue mage. After that, it's mostly clean up.

Otherwise, you can try baiting Takumi and the horse on the right side of the map to try and open. Hector does ok here.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man some of the new features look really interesting, can't wait to sink my teeth into it.

Shito

Oct 26, 2017
That's why they put the Blarwolf cav-mage next to him and made them inseperatable.
Oh you can separate them easily: not my screenshot nor my team, but that's how I opened this map with Xander.

IOQzi3i.png

Takumi attacks him and gets killed, then the green cav does the same, and the blue cav is too far away to reach him there.

Neapolitan

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Hello everyone. Returning new player here.

Got 5* +Def -Res Hector on my roll, which is... pretty dang good, I guess? Any tips on building him? I'm not sure what is the best course to take. Still learning on the intricacies of this game.

Also, is upgrading castle to the maximum level worth the effort? Or should I just held onto the orbs?

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Dc cav buff Sigurd kills blarwolf mage on the counter.

Man, he trivializes some of these encounters.

Xequalsy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone. Returning new player here.

Got 5* +Def -Res Hector on my roll, which is... pretty dang good, I guess? Any tips on building him? I'm not sure what is the best course to take. Still learning on the intricacies of this game.

Also, is upgrading castle to the maximum level worth the effort? Or should I just held onto the orbs?
Obviously, keep his A and pref weapon.

Good B skills on Hector include Wings of Mercy or Vantage. WoM is more of a arena defensive threat, as he can teleport in and surprise someone who isn't checking for it. Vantage will mean you auto win matches where they don't have someone who can counter Hector (this is rare though). For PvE, WoM gives you more movement for Hector which he usually needs, but Vantage is good too in order to counter things like squishy blue mages who die in one Hector counter attack. Hector already has QR2 on his weapon, so he doesn't really need QR in his B slot.

C slot is fairly flexible. If you run other armour units, you can use C for hone/fort/ward/goad armour as needed. Otherwise, use it for whatever you need it for.

Armour units usually like Pivot or Swap.

Bonfire works well on Hector, but alternatively you can run Ignis as well, as he has high defence and your Hector is even +Def.

Seals are flexible too depending on what you want to use him for. I like DDef in order to make him harder to kill by mages and archers etc...

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a full list of the weapons that can be upgraded with Divine Dew? Those are the ones like Ephraim's that get a new skill, right?

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Beat the Infernal with a team of Ryoma, Deirdre, Delthea and Michalis. I've been finding Deirdre's speed ploy and buff cancelling to be super clutch. Used her to take out Takumi and the blue tome cavalry. Delthea took out the red mage, Ryoma dealt with the brave axe cavalry. Of course I had to bring Michalis along, taking out Hinoka with the 1HKO Ignis. Then I had Ryoma eat a hit from the red flier and Michalis finished her off. I was somewhat stubborn with another team but once I saw what was going on this set up took care of it pretty smoothly.

Palas

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone got real tips?

Don't split your units and let them come at you - I'd say grouping them on the left side of the map is best. Have an archer, preferably one with either high speed and resistance (Niles maybe?) or Brave Bow+.

I beat it with Xander (with Swap), P!Azura, Klein and B!Lyn. It wasn't easy. Fuck Takumi.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Used Hector, Elincia, SCorrin and Emerald Axe Camilla.

I actually had an easy time on my second try due to unintentional AI baiting. I started off grouping up on the left, having Hector kill the blue mage and wound Takumi. I wanted to have him finish Taco so that Corrin could hurt the brave axe guy, but doing so would have put him in danger from a red. So I exited out, swapped to Draw Back on Elincia and changed her rightmost position with Camilla so that the latter would be able to take out Hinoka. However by sending Camilla to the right, it attracted the reds leaving Hector free to Vantage kill the brave axe dude. Camilla one-rounded Hinoka leaving only a couple reds. I didn't need the Guidance seal but it made it easy to keep Hector away from those two while Elincia + Corrin obliterated them.

disclaimer: my Hector is summoner supported and had distant def 3. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
My team for Infernal was Hector, Performing Olivia, Eirika and Innes.

First turn Hector gets ultra buffed by Eirika and moves to the left bridge and tanks and kills both the blue mage and Takumi (I gave him Distant Def 3 seal). Second turn I move Hector up so he can tank the green cav on next EP while avoiding getting in range of the red mage thanks to Lunge. Turn 3 Innes kills Hinoka, Eirika kills the Green Cav and Hector swaps with Olivia who tanks the mage. Final turn Hector kills the red mage.

It took some planning but it wasn't thaaaaaaaat hard.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
TA3 Raven Boey with Distant Def 3 and a P!Azura dance made quick work of that Infernal BHB. Glad I had him from making B!Lyn and Rein counters.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Armor Emblem made this a joke. DC Amelia cleans up the left side, and it just took a bit of maneuvering to make sure the right enemy suicided into the right armor. Tensest part was Effie tanking both Hinoka and the sword peg, but she oneshot the sword peg on the counter to avoid Moonbow, so no problem there.

And a free meme. But it was just Desperation 2, so that was lame.

Oct 25, 2017
easiest way to beat the infernal I found was:
Black Knight with quick riposte 2
Brave Lyn with reposition (Any archer with reposition will probably work)
Dancer (May have to be regular olivia, not sure how the AI will react if the dancer wasn't red)
Summer Elise (Nino, as popular as she is, is an easy replacement)

Line up like this: Green Mage - Dancer - Archer - Black Knight
Turn 1: Move brave lyn over to the bridge and reposition black knight. Move black knight to the left 1 square. End Turn
Enemy Turn: Takumi and the Green Cav are all that can reach BK, he will kill both. The enemy shift here is what took me a while to get beneficial. The Blue Mage Cav should be within your green mages range. The Red Peg Knight should be down and to the left of your black knight. The enemy red mage should be standing right next to black knight (He pivots there), and Hinoka is right behind the mage.
Turn 2: BK Hits the red mage. Brave Lyn takes a step back and shoots the red mage to kill. Olivia dances Brave lyn, brave lyn kills Hinoka. Summer Elise (or Nino) kills blue cav
Enemy Turn 2: Red pegasus knight is all thats left. He bounces off of black knight
Turn 3: put an arrow in the red pegasus knight

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Soren, Ike, Performing Arts Azura, Spring Lucina
Soren was Gronraven+/Triangle Adept, Spring Lucina was Blue Egg+. Others were standard sets.

Turn 1 - Soren took out Takumi with Bowbreaker, as well as the blue tome cavalier.
Turn 2 - Soren then took out the axe cavalier. Positioned Azura to take a hit from Hinoka, positioned Ike to take a hit from the red tome.
Turn 3 -Lucina took out Hinoka, in range of the sword flier. Ike took out the red tome. Azura used Sing on Ike, he Repositioned her out of the range of the sword flier.
Turn 4 - Lucina attacked the sword flier, Azura used Sing on her, then another attack on the sword flier.

All of this was in the top left area, mostly on the bridge.

Oct 26, 2017
Took care of the BHB with Effie, Henry, BK, and Amelia. Infernal required a little bit of placement planning, but not too bad. I'm surprised they let a blue mage and archer be baited out on turn one though. I thought for sure infernal was going to add the red mage in range to kill the gronnraven.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
It's still a lot of fun to watch B.Roy rush in and destroy half of the AI on the first turn.
Throw in a couple units with support like reposition, sing, and wings of mercy and I can do whatever I want.

The orbs didn't get me Mia, Takumi and Hinoka have failed me.

Octagon

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
In the end I did infernal with Hector, BK, PAzura and BLyn. Didn't get anything for 9 orbs.
I did get a regular 5 star Sakura for 4 orbs in the morning, my gacha luck is still not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.