• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Curious but to those with the Royal Edition & PC version is the content the exact same or does the console version have content not added to the PC version as I'm seeing videos of certain cutscenes and wondering if they're added to the PC version?

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Man, IMPERIALS ABOVE US.

I feel like the rate these guys drop on my head when I do literally anything is a little (way) too high.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like that you cant control the cursor on the map with the mouse. Or I'm too stupid to find an option for that.

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
Is there some kind of issue with Summoning on PC? I'll be at a smooth 60fps and then after I summon it will tank down to the 20s and just stay there.

Oct 25, 2017
Any tips for Omega?

Coming back to this game after 18 Months and I really dunno why they make things so hard to figure out and expect you to know everything about the battle system when it comes to dlc's years later. I've forgotten everything yet they expect you to fight this really challenging almost impossible fight.

The only thing I remember from the battle system is dodging by pressing square, warping with triangle, locking on with R1 and keeping circle held to attack. Thats literally it lol.

I'm not gonna spend 5 hours learning the combat system again. Games should be designed in a way where you can just pick up and play them. This is ovwhwlming with all the dlc content as I've not played with any of the updates since it's release.

Anyway with this Omega battle some of my weapons heal him. no idea why - again it's probably because I haven't played it in ages yet the game expects you to know and remember everything. The o lot one that doesn't seem to heal him but does like 200 damage per hit is this knuckle glove weapon.

I was playing on easy and I took out about 15% of his health after over half hour. I didn't get a game over. I just got bored so I switched it off in frustration.

I kept dying after one hit and my companions were useless and kept dying so I used tons of healing items but just got bored doing it. I used the new Armiger and that did damage of about 100-150 with each hit using a glove type weapon. All my other weapons just heal him.

What's up with this enemy? Why is it more a test of endurance than really being a good fair but challenging fight? This just feels cheap as he kills anyone in a couple of hits. I attacked his antenna by warping there but this takes so long to keep doing as you have to run back but even damaging the antenna and nothing really happens and doesn't do any extra damage. I sometimes lose all my health just attacking him on the antenna or going close to him. I don't see him hitting me either I just lose health for no apparent reason just because I'm close to him lol.

He once went into a rampage and was invulnerable but after that he just reverts to normal again and I do so little damage with each hit it really wasn't worth continuing in with the fight.

I only beat the main game back when it come out have no secret stuff from any dlc like weapons etc if any. I'm level 96 playing on easy but do hardly any damage to this thing after half hour I only managed to take off 15% of his health. Surely they don't expect you to just sit there using up all your healing. I must have gone through 30 or so megalixirs and mega phoenix etc just from these 30 minutes.

Any help with tactics and accessories would be appreciated.
Prepare yourself for a ~2 hours fight. Here are some tips:
Sword of the father and Ragnarok equipped, you chose the other weapons. Black hood, adamantite Bangle and founder king's sigil (Armiger Unleashed) for accessories. There are two ways, you can warp and attack the antenna with Ragnarok until you break it, and it's when he makes a barrier and goes on a rampage. But don't worry, there's a spot he can't touch,and it's in the lower part of the map, close to the bounds of the fight and behind some trees. Once the rampage is gone, he is vulnerable for a second and you can deal some damage with the Sword of the Father.
The second trick is using the Sword of the father to break each single leg. When you do that, he is vulnerable for like 10 seconds. Remember that he jumps when he is in his standard form, and that's probably the moment you lose all the HP without even noticing. He can hit you with a status that will be closely followed by an insta-death attack, prepare a lot of hi-elixirs and phoenix down. Oh, the bros are stupid here, don't count on them.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
Random question, so what has a greater effect on your overall damage output: your level, your weapon, or the ascension grid stat nodes?

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I bought the game at launch, but all the DLC Roadmap stuff put me off so i quit early. Now if I do buy the Season Pass and Royal Pack, what else would I need to get my base game on par with the Royal Edition?

Electricb7

Oct 27, 2017
User warned: Inflammatory drive-by posting.
Nice OT
But I will warn everyone that this game is trash. I have no idea about the games updates and DLC though.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This game has the best Monster designs in the series by far

there is so many I missed on my first play through

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Final Fantasy XII on PC, today. Can't wait to dig into XV. I loved it at launch on OG PS4! After all these improvements, it's going to be amazing. With multiplayer and mods, it should keep me entertained for months; until No no Kuni II, at least.

Jan 11, 2018
People have said that XV doesn't feel like Final Fantasy because it has cars, which is equally mind blowing.

Indeed. This also reminds me of the people who claimed Square Enix was ripping of XCX with this game, due to the "dinosaurs". Guess they never went to the Training Centre with Quistis, left Rabanastre or made the leap to Gran Pulse.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still fangasming over how great the Royal Pack is. It turned a rather boring final dungeon into one of the most epic "final stretches" in the franchise, at least for me. Perhaps even the best.

All the new bosses, the super expanded map, the cutscenes... Holy shit, THAT cutscene. I can't. I just can't.

And to think this is only the beginning of even more support, more Episodes. Man, this game is actually becoming all I expected it to be, or even better.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
People have said that XV doesn't feel like Final Fantasy because it has cars, which is equally mind blowing.
Or "Guns in a FF!?", lol. Ah, remember when we regularly had to post these?

ggSODDh.jpg

h9bTcQ0.png

Good old days :D

Fun fact: Nomura designed Cactuar and Tonberry.
Wait, really? Those two I didn't know!

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to disable the Chocobo music? I know I can just use the portable mp3 player, but I'd prefer to hear the open world silence/music.

On that note, I wish there was a way to make a playlist in game with the tracks you purchase.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
What is the best way to use the Nixperience Band? Do you wear it at all times and then take it off before resting at an inn with Bonus XP? Never used it in the base game so I have no idea if im doing it right lol.

OP
OP
Ignis

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
What is the best way to use the Nixperience Band? Do you wear it at all times and then take it off before resting at an inn with Bonus XP? Never used it in the base game so I have no idea if im doing it right lol.

Yep that's exactly it!

EDIT: Or you could make sure you wear it before everytime you rest and don't want to level up. That way you can get food bonuses etc, and then make sure you don't have it equipped when you do want to level up. Frees up an accessory slot in battle but just have to remember to put it back on if you go to rest at a camp for example.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Also, important thing to keep in mind: make sure you're wearing it before chapter transitions. The game likes to total up your EXP at the end of each chapter. I don't know if they patched that out yet.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to disable the Chocobo music? I know I can just use the portable mp3 player, but I'd prefer to hear the open world silence/music.

On that note, I wish there was a way to make a playlist in game with the tracks you purchase.
Yeah, there really should've been an option for that.

Oct 25, 2017
Back to chapter 13 in my new game.
I honestly didn't remember how great Ray Chase performance was in the additional cutscene of ch12, the one when he meets ghost Luna and receives the royal arm