• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Final Fantasy XV is a great game. And for you it is? (Among these options)

• Final Fantasy XV is one of the masterpieces of this generation

Votes: 108 23.3%
  • Final Fantasy XV is a great and splendid game

Votes: 280 60.5%
  • Final Fantasy XV represents the almost perfect. But even now it is still a very nice game

Votes: 75 16.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
FFXV and God of War are my favorite PS4 games. I started that game the night it came out, and by that sunday i had put 55 hours into it.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Very far from a masterpiece to me

I do want to go back to it but for a final fantasy game to be so easy to put down and walk away from?!?

Pretty damning for the future of the series

Im hoping they dont try to build another 10 year rpg thats still isnt finished going forward

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I had a good time with it but it's definitely my least favourite FF (been playing since VII). The two biggest issues for me are :

- Almost complete lack of story, everything happens off screen, the characters' reactions are not believable at all... It's a complete mess narratively speaking.

- The open world makes the game feel like you're just cruising through one small (relatively speaking) region. It doesn't give any sens of real travel, of going to a distant country. Instanced areas like in FFXII provide a much better sense of travel. It's a shame since FFXV is all about road tripping across the world. I would have much preferred two or three smaller regions.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol no. Opinions and all that but it can never be a masterpiece because of how bad it's tells its story. I enjoyed it but it's no masterpiece not even close.

kbear

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is the story better in the Royal Edition? I've yet to play the game because of two reasons, 1) The anime main character bruhs, both their looks and apparently unlikable writing, and 2) I've read a few impressions saying the story isn't that good. #1 I can deal with but #2 would be a dagger if true. Maybe the RE added some story elements and cut scenes.

Hx]

Oct 28, 2017
Kuwait
I'm glad you found something incredible you love so much

wish I felt the same

same

I attempted to get back to the game many times now but the slow start and the hunting missions (because of how hard is it to change the time of day) hindered my experience.

I know that changing time of day is now more accessible from a recent update so that might help

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Hell no. It was a fucking mess at launch. When you have to do story patches up to 2-3 years later, you got some serious issues.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I did really enjoy the last chapter of the game ( only played the Royal edition/PC ).

Nov 23, 2017
good thing that you liked it - but I don't think the game is a masterpiece what so ever. Just take a look at the battles. Maybe it's just me and everybody I talked to about it - but geee, it is really a unresponsive and kind of random mess. Stuff happens, the fight is over, and I get a A Grade Rating. It just doesnt feel right, and I think and know that I am not using it to the full potential - aaand I never needed to. To be blunt, fighting enemies isn't fun in Final Fantasy XV and thats a dealbreaker, for me at least.
Disagree, and I think that's why I like the game so much. It is weighty and full of options, even ones you wouldn't expect like the Saws.

kbear

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hell no. It was a fucking mess at launch. When you have to do story patches up to 2-3 years later, you got some serious issues.
If you were to play it for the first time after the story patches, do you think you'd like the story much more or about the same? Try to pretend you never played the game

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
same

I attempted to get back to the game many times now but the slow start and the hunting missions (because of how hard is it to change the time of day) hindered my experience.

I know that changing time of day is now more accessible from a recent update so that might help

play it after the updates maybe you will love it more

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
poll is so unfair leave no room for those who want to argue lol

When compare to good WRPG game, it's hard to swallow this. I give it a try and it seems not for me at least. It's absolutely not fun to play.

OP
OP
FrontierGamer

FrontierGamer

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
Recycled a ton of shit from the much superior XIV.

Sorry if I ask you, but you've never played Final Fantasy XIV O_o

Because, as well as any Final Fantasy released, it is completely different from both the previous and the subsequent titles of the saga.

And I played FF XIV and it's totally different from the XV, as it should be. Since every Final Fantasy is different :)

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know about the previous versions, but I have no complaints at all with the Royal Edition. It's a great great great game.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Its a worse game than XIII and I hated XIII. Horrible camera, brain dead combat, nonsensical story, lack of good female characters. Recycled a ton of shit from the much superior XIV.

To be fair, XIV recycles a lot of shit from a lot of other FF games lol

About XV, I liked it, but it's too flawed to be called a masterpiece. And the poll is biased as fuck lol

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Lol that bait but fine I'll bite. The only thing FFXV is a masterpiece of is being a train wreck. The story makes no god damn sense what so ever early on because they stripped it out of the game and put it into Kingsglaive which still doesn't really tell its story properly and theres still a ton of things missing from the various early trailers and preview builds. The combat system is a mess that works some of the time but the majority of the time theres so much going on it can be hard to tell wtf is happening until you get a QTE to block/parry or whatever. Also whoever thought turning magic into a simple grenade mechanic was a good idea should never make games again.

The worst part of the game though is the characters, I do not understand how fans of this game so easily forgive how the game fridges Luna, its god damn insulting and its a trope that needs to die in a fire. So many characters have unexplained purpose or motives besides just being around and many of them just don't do anything but show up for a chapter or two and then are never seen again. Then you also have Cidney who is just pure tasteless fanservice. The boy band itself isn't terrible and has some good development (although you miss a lot of that if you haven't seen the fucking anime) but is far from being good.

Also lets be clear here, this game shipped completely unfinished and everything they've done as 'DLC' has been attempts to make or put back in content that should have clearly been in the game in the first place. The way people to go bat for this game is rather embarrassing when SE shipped an unfinished product and even more then a year later they are still trying to add additional DLC and patches to fix the game in an attempt at making it a finished product which it won't be any time soon.

All this game did was make me never excited for a Final Fantasy game ever again because FFXV was very successful and because of that SE will try to do the same shit with FFXVI or whatever the hell game comes next (because it worked) and it doesn't matter how good that game is I will not buy it at launch because chances are it'll be as unfinished as this game was if not more so and I will not pick up one of these games until its very clear its a complete product. Buying the base version of FFXV felt like I got scammed by SE and something I never want to repeat again.

OP
OP
FrontierGamer

FrontierGamer

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
All this game did was make me never excited for a Final Fantasy game ever again because FFXV was very successful and because of that SE will try to do the same shit with FFXVI or whatever the hell game comes next (because it worked) and it doesn't matter how good that game is I will not buy it at launch because chances are it'll be as unfinished as this game was if not more so and I will not pick up one of these games until its very clear its a complete product. Buying the base version of FFXV felt like I got scammed by SE and something I never want to repeat again.

Every Final Fantasy is different.

It is a mistake to judge the future based on the present ;)

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
The game is a complete and utter mess, but I really enjoyed my time with it and hope they can refine this new direction for future installments.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
4jLzR.gif

More basik than slay for me unfortunately...

It was ok, really weird mash up of great, ok and bad design choices at almost every level. To me, FF XV is perhaps the epitome of a game designed by multiple teams with sometime a lack of coherence, that went through development hell but was saved by a big amount of cash and crunch by talented teams in the end.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This thread ain't gonna go well. I liked the game but it is a weaker final fantasy title. It doesn't help every time I consider replaying it there's something else for me to buy. God of war actually made me more upset because the level of polish in 15 is just lacking with side quests that are objectively worse then the mmo 14.

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
I love the game. It definitely has it's flaws, but they have improved the game a lot with patches and DLC, which I know isn't ideal. A lot of it's criticism is deserved though, even if I think some people are way too harsh on it.

For me, I loved Noctis and bros, and while the story has a lot of issues, especially vanilla, I was still a big fan of the journey they went on. I really enjoyed the gameplay, even though it was quite different than other FF games. The fast paced melee and warping was a blast to do. The graphics of course are great, and I still feel like it's one of the games that does HDR the best, at least for me. The other truly special thing about the game is the soundtrack, which I still listen to all the time. So while I know it's not perfect, it still resonated with me way more than a lot of games do. So even with it's flaws, it's still one of my favorite games of the generatation.

Ecco45

Mar 19, 2018
I'll never understand FFXV being regarded as a masterpiece with how dissatisfying the action gameplay experience is.

The game just feels like its playing itself with how unintuitive and automatic every button input feels.

Last edited:

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Not with that horrid gameplay. The open world was a huge mistake and it didn't do anything for the game. It was a bad game with fantastic art direction.

Leafhopper

Oct 25, 2017
Not really questioning your love of the game but, that poll is kinda all different levels of "I agree".

its_Ditz

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The way the OP is set up and that poll... wow, this is definitely bait.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I liked it better than 13 but that was a low bar to clear

And people here fucking love 13

I think whats really happening is that this style of FF game wasnt made for me

They always jump around with styles and I consider 10-13-15 to all share similar DNA as far as what is focused on from a gameplay and design perspective

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
After playing the windows edition and with almost 100hrs in it all i can say is that i fucking love it. Every single part of this game is amazing.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
I played this game a lot . Went through it twice on Xbox and on pc.

The game as a whole is horrible. I am just a fan of that type of battle system.

Deleted member 671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game is missing the entire first act and inciting incident, has you learn about it through a newspaper in game, and then sells you that first act as a CG movie which explains the setting better than the game. That pretty much sums XV up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.