• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulnicura

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They changed summoner in 4.1 and most people are back to being in love with the job. Ruin 3 replaced ruin 1, with it now becoming an instant cast in dreadwyrm trance. When Ruin IV procs, it now replaces ruin 2. You can also adjust the size of Bahamut now. Tri-disaster becomes your AOE filler when activating dreadwyrm trance as well, it's finally useful. (Still sucks out of DWT)

Probably some other stuff I'm missing since I don't play summoner but I think I got the big ones out of the way.

Thank you! Sounds like good news. I'll try and resub around Christmas time and finally clear the MSQ.

Lenz

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Tower of Babel would fit so well into the Allagan shenanigans.

Would love to climb a huge sci-f/fantasy tower, or face off against a massive Allagan Giant of Babel.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
To be fair you do have Syrcus Tower which is exactly that.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User warned: inappropriate and creepy comment
Finally after all these years got my King Slime hat.

DQJro8HU8AE3CBE.jpg

I'd ride that chocobo

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Two and a half levels to go on Alchemist and I'll finally be done leveling crafters until 5.0.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Fastest way to get to 16 on secondary classes? Been leveling all kinds of different classes and feel like those levels are slowest or rather aimless, but after that can do dailies and level up fairly fast casually running dungeons.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Ala Mhigan Earring, Friendship Circlet. New Hero XP ring.

FATE in Middle La Noscea. Expand to Western at level10. Do your hunt logs.

You don't need to upgrade your gear aside from maybe a set at level10 a new HQ weapons when possible.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
NP. I like middle la noscea because its an overall safe zone. You can expand to lower la noscea if the FATEs from levels 1-10 dry up. 10-16 you should be hitting up the upper half of middle and into western.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
You know what?

I don't think I'll ever play this game again, but Answers may still be one of the best Final Fantasy songs ever and I have some good memories of getting so psyched getting to that next T13 phase so we could hear the next part of the song during practice.

Any of the new expansion get anything as hyped? Or will Answers stand on it's own?

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I would say you should pick this game up again next year after 4.55 part 2 is launched. The expansion (If you haven't bought it) will be dirt cheap and a month subscription should be enough time to blow through the story up to the cliffhanger of the next expansion.

Redhood

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I have been having terrible luck with PUGS for O4S. It is almost making me want to search for a static again. I still have not managed to kill exdeath. I have joined the kill parties, practice parties and I even sneaked inside a GCO practice party. Still no exdeath clear. The closest I found a good party which knew all the mechanics but we consistently wiped at 62%. I am stuck on exdeath. I have not ever seen Neo Exdeath.

The only way to move forward is to either get into a static or wait for 4.2 gear.

Last edited:

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
The good news is you're almost at the end of the fight! Once you can get through GCO you've basically done the fight. The entire fight repeats with the expection of Neverwhere after the last Delta Attack which is just managing mitigation against increasing raid damage until wipe.

Redhood

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I think my post was not clear. I am stuck on exdeath. I have not ever seen Neo Exdeath.

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
Don't know if this was posted .

Live letter will be on 15th Dec, will cover 4.2.

Need Soundtrack announcement already.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Oh my mistake Redhood. I saw GCO so I assumed you were talking Neo. Aaaaaa.

Honestly if you have the time for it keep at it. Otherwise I would look into finding a static to get ready for 4.2. In all honestly that patch should be coming out within two months at the most and you can get a i350 weapon with whatever new primal they release (Or through a crafty friend) so genji weapons are gonna get outdated fast.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You know what?

I don't think I'll ever play this game again, but Answers may still be one of the best Final Fantasy songs ever and I have some good memories of getting so psyched getting to that next T13 phase so we could hear the next part of the song during practice.

Any of the new expansion get anything as hyped? Or will Answers stand on it's own?

Dragonsong is up there, as well as how they use it in the MSQ.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
I have been having terrible luck with PUGS for O4S. It is almost making me want to search for a static again. I still have not managed to kill exdeath. I have joined the kill parties, practice parties and I even sneaked inside a GCO practice party. Still no exdeath clear. The closest I found a good party which knew all the mechanics but we consistently wiped at 62%. I am stuck on exdeath. I have not ever seen Neo Exdeath.

The only way to move forward is to either get into a static or wait for 4.2 gear.

yeah that's the thing about this game
if you missed the "train", you're gonna be stuck for a while

most mid to hardcore raiders have long since done with v4s, most of them are in ultimate coil or just unsubbed and waiting for the next raid tier
we're like 1+ month away from the next raid tier anyway
just wanna say that even when i had v4s on farm mode, there were still neo clear PFs that fail to beat exdeath
imo exdeath's blackhole actually is harder than neo

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Exdeath's blackholes are cancerous but tbh I think my static's warrior makes it harder than it should be because he celebrates everytime someone eats one of them. (It means more uptime for him).

usually the best time for PUGing content is mid initial patch since there's no ultimate to distract raiders and they're generally bored enough to help out clears or 1 chest groups.

I did a 3 tank A10S with Xenosys acting as an extra dps on his war. That was a clusterfuck.

I should do like a top cause of wipes for O4S

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Our top wipes for O4S were piss puddles (Delta Attack), or the middle part of that fight forgot the name but the part what after it starts repeating. Either we wiped in the first piss puddle or got half way through and then someone makes mistake on the middle part.

I just hope we get new Christmas Outfits. Astralagos is surprisingly fun.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
If I recal correctly our biggest walls in o4s were Grand Cross Omega (of course) and hmmm. I wanna say the hard Almagest that's like 40 seconds after or whatever. That took us a little bit to get used to in terms of healing and hate management for earthshakers afterwards. Was like week 2 or something so our gear wasn't anything special either. Ended up just Cure III bombing that one back then lmao

NewVegasDog

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the almagest after the second Grand Cross Delta is the "worse" part of Neo Exdeath if you're a healer. If you used a lucid dreaming from the earlier almagest, pray for your tanks to get more aggro.

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
Man, some of ya'll sound like you actively resent playing this game. Why stay subbed? Geeze.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

Honestly the fight in its entirety isn't very exciting. I cleared it in 4-5 weeks after taking a 2 month break of raiding. It's really boring and Neo doesn't auto attack. It's up to you if you want to clear it or not but finding a static should be a problem this late in the patch cycle. Most people have quit because no interest in ultimate. It's really come to the point where I think deltas cape is just trash. The 1st week was ok but then clearing these for months you realize how boring this tier is. Even Alexander was more exciting.

GCO is easy as a healer and I don't know why so much people claim to have trouble with it. The only hard part of the fight is the Almagest after gco and even then you can just pop LS as Astro and it's piss easy. EXdeath is just harder by a long shot xd.

Last edited:

NewVegasDog

Oct 25, 2017
Man, some of ya'll sound like you actively resent playing this game. Why stay subbed? Geeze.

Tbh, there's definitely some huge amount of downtime currently (happens a lot on off patches). With no relic currently to work on and not a lot of people interested in doing ultimate coil people are getting bored with the game. Though I still play at an almost daily basis. In fact, last week was probably my most productive week I've had in a long time. Got DRK and WAR to 50 in a few days by doing squadron command missions (seriously it's still broken as heck despite the engage fix). Slowly working on getting PLD to 50 (currently at lvl 32). So yeah, usually when the next raid tier hits, that's when most people start getting active or resub.

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
I have completed the MSQ through 4.1 and there is so much shit to do that it's overwhelming, frankly.

Some people are just never gonna be happy, I guess.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017

I don't (And haven't) resented plaything this game. However the late side of odd number patches are historically the worst part if you've been active in the end game since the last tier got launched.

Basically imagine if you cleared O4S within the first month of the new raid tier (Now 4 months ago) and the only new content that's lasted longer than a week has been Ultimate Coils of Bahamut. Its a complaint I hear a lot but the root cause won't be identified since the Director won't implement a game system that requires you to check in week after week to keep progressing (Aside from the capped tomestone). Which honestly is nice to let people play other games than having to be checked into FFXIV all the time (Something I don't miss from the FFXI days)

I really wish they'd make a point of having a patch 4.16 where they unlock Deltascape's loot system and double the Tomestone currency to assist in helping people cap more jobs or clear content (With rewards) prior to the launch of the next raid.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Just three more leves tomorrow and I'll be finished leveling crafters. I should finish the Kobold tribe this week, too. Then I can start leveling fisher.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Started an ARR relic. I attempted this way back before but this time I'm gonna power through this crap. Maybe.

these books are the worst but I figure it'll be quicker than trying to do another Anima

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Uhm. The only good thing about the Anima is you can do multiple parts at the same time for your second (And beyond). If you haven't started one I'd recommend it.

The ARR type requires a lot more active work (Rather than letting dailies/weeklies carry you through) and the Animus part is the worst. Novus is a close second only because of the money you'll dump in garbage materia.

With anima it'll take you:

Some grind to get through the first two quests (a couple of FATEs and 10 dungeons).
10 days for the i210 step.
5 weeks for the i230 step (Or some poetics to grease it along).
5625 poetics for the Umbrite (And some Leves or Red Scripts to get the other portion) to get i260 done.
2 weeks for the i260 step.
A decent grind for the i270 step.
And a silly amount of poetics/seals to finish it. If it remember it correctly.

On your second weapon and beyond you can grind for all items (Except for the dungeons/light) at the same time.

Oct 27, 2017
Berkeley, CA
What's the best way to find parties for extreme primals sync? Ive tried PF and DF but haven't had success with keeping a party together.

Also, is there any point in continuing with ARR relic? I'm trying to get Atma right now to upgrade my zenith relic to Zodiac.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Started an ARR relic. I attempted this way back before but this time I'm gonna power through this crap. Maybe.

these books are the worst but I figure it'll be quicker than trying to do another Anima

I did one of those a month or two before SB. Wasn't that bad, and lvl 70 properly opens up more soloable dungeons. But yeah, those books sucked.

Think I hated most was that items you have to buy have never been reduced in price.

What's the best way to find parties for extreme primals sync? Ive tried PF and DF but haven't had success with keeping a party together.

Also, is there any point in continuing with ARR relic? I'm trying to get Atma right now to upgrade my zenith relic to Zodiac.

Synched primals will be tough. Mostly, you'll end up with people from the mentor roulette, and they usually drop after a few wipes. Most of them are still somewhat of a challenge synched, and people just don't want to learn the mechanics on old content.

As for the relic. ARR relics are purely for glam purposes now. They have no practical purpose at all. That being said, most the relics looked great and make great glam weapons. I love my relic bow.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017

Only for glamour. The zodiac weapons let you skip the first step (FATE crystals from 6 HW zones) but that step is such a joke in all honestly you'll spend 1% [CITATION NEEDED] of the time doing that step than doing the entire relic.

Basically do it for the glamour. Don't do it for the anima.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I did one of those a month or two before SB. Wasn't that bad, and lvl 70 properly opens up more soloable dungeons. But yeah, those books sucked.

Think I hated most was that items you have to buy have never been reduced in price.

Honestly with the way desynth has been changed you can get all desynth levels up to the required level for all 8 crafting jobs and get it done yourself (Without too much of a gil sink). Plus you can make money back running the 2.5 dungeons and desynthing the gear for Battlecraft Demimateria III.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright friends, I am on the precipice of jumping in (only dabbled in the beta waaaaaaaay back).
Sell me!
(Am leaning toward PC though PS4Pro is an option)

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone from NA confirm is the Nimbus Cloud added to NA Mooglestation?
I still got my Amazon DLCs and they expire in few weeks, trying to get 'em sold but if they're already there they're prolly worthless then.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what kind of pc you have?
you can still use a controller on pc also it plays just like ps4.

That is what I figured, plus I imagine communication is infinitely easier with pc/keyboard.
PC is fairly hefty, i7, 32gb ram, just upgraded the GPU to an RX580 (8gb) so hoping it should be fairly smooth

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone from NA confirm is the Nimbus Cloud added to NA Mooglestation?
I still got my Amazon DLCs and they expire in few weeks, trying to get 'em sold but if they're already there they're prolly worthless then.

If it's not on NA Mogstation (checking now) I'll probably buy em from you.\
*edit* No Nimbus cloud on Mog Station. How much you want for it?

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
That is what I figured, plus I imagine communication is infinitely easier with pc/keyboard.
PC is fairly hefty, i7, 32gb ram, just upgraded the GPU to an RX580 (8gb) so hoping it should be fairly smooth

I play on PC with a controller and it's super comfy I never use my mouse and keyboard anymore to play the only bad part is playing tanks it can slow down hitting a CD in time and get me pwned.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I got my last crafting class to 70 tonight. I need to level fishing and then I'll be finished with DoH/DoL classes until 5.0. I started leveling it a while ago. I've got it to 41 already. I don't know how much I'll use it. Fishing is too RNG dependent for me.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Alright friends, I am on the precipice of jumping in (only dabbled in the beta waaaaaaaay back).
Sell me!
(Am leaning toward PC though PS4Pro is an option)
There's a free trial you can download to check it out before jumping in. No time restrictions on it, but you cannot level past lv 35 without converting to the full game and you might have to make a new SE account cause you played the beta.

https://freetrial.finalfantasyxiv.com/na/

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
What desynthesis classes are the best to level and how high should I take them? I wish you could max out each one.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
What desynthesis classes are the best to level and how high should I take them? I wish you could max out each one.
Depends on what you want. They haven't made any new desynthesis exclusive items since the end of ARR so you don't really need to max any of them to make new items or even bother with the whole system honestly.

The few exclusive items from it that I recall still being relevant are Mastercraft Demimateria which comes from desynthing ARR DoH/DoL endgame gear (GSM is good for this iirc), Battlecraft 3s which come from dungeon or raid gear (GSM cause of primal accessories, BSM cause of primal weapons, and to a much lesser extent WVR, LTW, and ARM), and Fieldcraft 3s which come from DoH/DoL gear and Wedding attire (LTW is best for this cause iirc wedding sandals are the cheapest item that can drop them, WVR can de synth pants for them but they cost more than the sandals, and I think GSM can get them from glasses).

CUL desynth is okay if you fish a lot cause you can turn junk fish into crafting crystals.

Don't remember ALC and CRP having any useful desynth drops fwiw.

As for what lv you should take them, figure out which items you want to desynth and just reach a lv that gives you 80% + success at desynth.

Status
Not open for further replies.