Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
From Siliconera

For the future of online in Final Fantasy, as a director, what kind of elements do you think Final Fantasy XVI and Final Fantasy XVII should offer?
Naoki Yoshida: "Huh? Hmm, you guys are asking some tough questions [laughs]. That's funny, I thought FanFests were supposed to be fun, but here we are with this super hard question [laughs]. First, if you're asking whether the Final Fantasy series will get another MMO soon, I think the chances are unlikely so long as Final Fantasy XIV is doing well. On that note, personally speaking, I'd like to see a Final Fantasy that is straightforward fantasy, one that doesn't have much machinery, and with no mecha in it. After all, we're having trouble with the Garlean Empire being too powerful. Ah, okay, that was a bad joke [laughs]."

Read more at https://www.siliconera.com/2019/02/...ss-machines-and-no-mecha/#ccj018tIwifMS6El.99

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Magitek stuff is one of things i enjoy the most in FF, so hopefully it will make it in FF16

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'd trust Yoshida with another Final Fantasy, mecha or otherwise.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Plz square enix, take FF back to what made it great

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully he doesn't leave XIV anytime soon but the instant he does I hope he gets to do the next SP FF, assuming he would want to.

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
I could not agree more. God dammit Square Enix. Every second you don't spend your money on researching how to clone Yoshida is a wasted second.
Nomura and him are the only GOOD still active directors Square has, I just hope he's directing the next one. I love FF XIV, but I'd love a new FF even more

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Yoshida keeps staying as the sensible producer to a FF project while everybody else fumbles about.

It's remarkable how much he "gets" it.

Oct 27, 2017
The Final Fantasy XIV development team really does have some amazing leadership. I know XIV subscriptions bring in the revenue, but dang, do I want a single player Final Fantasy made by these folk.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I know he is knee deep in 14 for the foreseeable future, and I wouldn't have it any other way, but man I would love for him to lead the next mainline FF. Dudes the best SEs got and I would play that FF in a heartbeat.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In all honestly, I get the desire for a more fantasy based game but this series has always been a blend of science fiction post-apocalyptic fantasy and classical fantasy. No game really escapes it.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Not interested, particularly when the franchise has always been science fantasy anyway. Still wouldn't fix the problems with writing and worldbuilding that offline mainline FF has been having, either.

Athreous

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Remake FF IX! It would be awesome! or even create a new ff without any machina at all, no flying stuff, nothing! Just pure fantasy!

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really conflicted, on one hand i fully would trust ffxvi in this man's hands. On the other hand i never want him to stop making xiv this amazing experience. We need to clone him

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be pretty bored with a straight fantasy game. There has to be SOME kind of hook.

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
While a touch of tech is always cool in FF, couldn't agree more with the sentiment. A modern game with a FFIX vibe is literally my dream game.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
I wish he would make a mainline FF game that isn't an MMO. Anyway, I agree with him wholeheartedly.

Also, for the love of god please let someone other than Nomura design the characters please.