Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Welp, finished watching the whole thing
Nero was in fact the final boss. I'm never watching a "final trailer" again xD They just spoil too much
So. Nero kills Sonon and Yuffie escapes deepground, only to watch Sector 7 plate fall. She gets out of Midgar in a Chocobo
Ending bonus CG scene: the party walking towards Kalm on a dusty road, just chatting. They end up coming across Choco Bill in a truck, who gives them a ride. They get down at Kalm. Zack in Midgar: returns to the church expecting to see Aerith, only to find people taking refuge there

From the other thread

Ooo, nm, thanks for the video share Altezein!

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Got to say one of the things that makes me not like this is that Zack goes with out Cloud to the church.

A lot of people get so hyped up on this Zack mystery that Cloud is forgotten, thing is Cloud is still there and has been given the S Cell Treatment, so with Zack being there what happens with Cloud's mind? Does he still have elements of Zack? Was he able to bounce back in a more normal state? What type of weapon does Cloud wield now?

So many things change with Cloud and that I'd more interesting to me than simply Zack gets to go and do whatever. This is a chance to see Cloud and his one real friend and mentor interact with them both being "Soldiers" which is infinitely better than just VII from Zack's point of view.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Lmao madmen double doing with Zack being in the same timeline? But what about the other Cloud?

Altezein

User requested ban - Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Mar 21, 2021
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I know Square doesn't care too much about consistency but... Is that the Sector 7 plate in the Zack scene?
I7Ubjkd.png

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Got to say one of the things that makes me not like this is that Zack goes with out Cloud to the church.

A lot of people get so hyped up on this Zack mystery that Cloud is forgotten, thing is Cloud is still there and has been given the S Cell Treatment, so with Zack being there what happens with Cloud's mind? Does he still have elements of Zack? Was he able to bounce back in a more normal state? What type of weapon does Cloud wield now?

So many things change with Cloud and that I'd more interesting to me than simply Zack gets to go and do whatever. This is a chance to see Cloud and his one real friend and mentor interact with them both being "Soldiers" which is infinitely better than just VII from Zack's point of view.
Good question. He might still be comatose tbh. He only really bounced back because he recognized Tifa and he Jenova'd a new persona for him based on that. Without that happening, he might still be a vegetable

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Good question. He might still be comatose tbh. He only really bounced back because he recognized Tifa and he Jenova'd a new persona for him based on that. Without that happening, he might still be a vegetable
That was slightly retconned in Crisis Core though.

We see that Cloud is starting to recover, he is emotional when Zack dies and passed on Buster. He is able to pick up the weapon and drag it to Midgar and even before that he reaches out for Zack.

Him falling back into pure vegetative state doesn't line up with how things if Zack continues to be there to help him.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Also, did anyone else get the vibe that Aerith was either dead or something had happened to her in the Zack scene?

I could buy this but the fact that he still has a buster sword is throwing me off there
I mean that is what I think and also as you say there is only one buster sword.

It very specifically seems framed like something bad has happened to Aerith

StormBrute

Oct 26, 2017
Zack lives, not a different timeline, holy shit!!
What gives you the impression it's not a different timeline besides Aerith not being at the church and folks taking refuge there?

Zack has the Buster Sword, and the Sector 7 plate still appears to be up judging by that image (I'm bad at the spatial relationship between the sectors, so maybe that's not 7). It looks like an alternate timeline. Maybe the refuge is as a result of the spacetime explosion at Midgar that we saw in Zack's scenes.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm not inclined to rush into the 'Zack is in the same timeline' theory yet.

Honestly kinda mad Red said nothing in the group cutscenes. Best character continues to get fucking robbed in this game.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I mean you kill the embodiment of fate on part 1. Probably different timelines converged or some Dark Souls shit and now they are all in the same path.

Perfect oportunity for the standard "Everyone power of Friendship" final attack against the final boss in Part 8.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I mean you kill the embodiment of fate on part 1. Probably different timelines converged or some Dark Souls shit and now they are all in the same path.

Perfect oportunity for the standard "Everyone power of Friendship" final attack against the final boss in Part 8.
I'm honestly thinking it's this.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm honestly thinking it's this.
If it is this then how do Cloud and Zack walk past Cloud and Aerith?

If the fates died and pushed Zack/Cloud into a new time line then when does it take place? Because it's not right up front.

If it's post then is it simply when they step foot in Midgar? Does Zack just jump forward several weeks in time? There is a gap between his death and the events of VIIR, so him being in the World with Cloud and Company would mean that not only he survived but time traveled.

Is there even a second Cloud? Or was he deleted?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Fuck everything to do with Zack being back tbh.

It was nice seeing Chocobo Bill and a more slice of life vibe from the party. Kalm :_

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Maybe Nanaki can't stand these people lmao, he just wants to get back to Cosmo Canyon and dip. Jk lol but it was def weird. Dude was just a prop in that ending

Flame Flamey

Feb 8, 2018
Give me the Zack and Cissnei reunion please, last we saw Cissnei she was looking for Zack by helicopter so I have to believe she picked him up if he survived

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
If it's post then is it simply when they step foot in Midgar? Does Zack just jump forward several months weeks in time? There is a gap between his death and the events of VIIR, so him being in the World with Cloud and Company would mean that not only he survived but time traveled.
IIRC, the Ultimania did say that there was a very specific reason why the fates battle happening right at Midgar's front door had to happen, and said reason is linked to Zack being back, so maybe?

It was nice seeing Chocobo Bill and a more slice of life vibe from the party. Kalm :_
That was my favorite part of this. I hope part 2 has more interactions like that. I'd have to imagine Red's VA wasn't available or something.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
IIRC, the Ultimania did say that there was a very specific reason why the fates battle happening right at Midgar's front door had to happen, and said reason is linked to Zack being back, so maybe?

That was my favorite part of this. I hope part 2 has more interactions like that. I'd have to imagine Red's VA wasn't available or something.
Lol I suppose.

So Nero was the final fight, but does he actually die? Or does he retreat into Deepground returning to the Tsviets?