Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017

I love that they brought Donna Burke back for this. 3 Lite versions playing for free if in caravan with a paid player is awesome.

nopattern

Nov 25, 2017
This game looks way more fun then I remember. I remember being really annoyed that you had to use a GBA for multiplayer

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Man I can't judge this game. Is it fun alone? The carry mechanism seems super, super dumb and pointless? Does it have a story? Is it a real "rpg"?

Joedev

Apr 24, 2018
Kinda neat that with a single played version you can play a decent amount in crossplay. It doesn't really make up for the lack of local co-op*, but at least my son could play with me on an iPad or something.

*I know there has been some claims that local co-op is included, but it was only ever mentioned on a single page on the PS4 Shop and no other piece of marketing has mentioned it at all. In fact, in every video, they very specifically state the multiplayer across multiple devices, never mentioning anything about playing on a single device.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
They talked about online multiplayer, this WAS confirmed to have local multiplayer as well, no?

EDIT: Bummer, ah well

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
Man I can't judge this game. Is it fun alone? The carry mechanism seems super, super dumb and pointless? Does it have a story? Is it a real "rpg"?

The carry mechanism exists to keep everyone together on the same screen, as a holdover from the game originally released pre online co-op

My question is, can we get a damn definitive answer on local co-op in this version? I'm assuming no at this point despite some previous evidence

OP
OP
Valcrist

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
The carry mechanism exists to keep everyone together on the same screen, as a holdover from the game originally released pre online co-op

My question is, can we get a damn definitive answer on local co-op in this version? I'm assuming no at this point despite some previous evidence
So no local multiplayer ?
I'd assume no. A Sony page said it did, but then it got 404'd later. Then a JP site implied that it didn't have it.

Honestly, with how many options there are... the lite (free) version working the same as a full version if you party with someone who owns the paid version and how many platforms can play the game... I think it's a fair trade off.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You very much want to play this with a party, because the combat and character progression's depth is mostly shut to you alone, but also because it's a very lonely journey without one.

It does have a story, but it's not anything particularly grandiose.

This game looks way more fun then I remember. I remember being really annoyed that you had to use a GBA for multiplayer

Well, you didn't have to, but I can tell you from personal experience that the GBA was a lot less of a pain in the ass, lol.

AKKqrgC.jpg

Mireille

Oct 26, 2017
13 dungeons for lite users while joining someone with the full game seems odd (In a good way).

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda neat that with a single played version you can play a decent amount in crossplay. It doesn't really make up for the lack of local co-op*, but at least my son could play with me on an iPad or something.

*I know there has been some claims that local co-op is included, but it was only ever mentioned on a single page on the PS4 Shop and no other piece of marketing has mentioned it at all. In fact, in every video, they very specifically state the multiplayer across multiple devices, never mentioning anything about playing on a single device.
They talked about online multiplayer, this WAS confirmed to have local multiplayer as well, no?

EDIT: Bummer, ah well
So no local multiplayer ?
Local multiplayer is pretty much assumed to be absent at this point. The PlayStation page that mentioned it was completely removed:

www.resetera.com

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered has same-system local co-op, as well as AI party members for solo players (Update: possibly deconfirmed)

EDIT: This information seems to have been incorrect. See the threadmarks for the update. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ So this was discovered on the PlayStation website and pointed out in the other thread, but I figured...

OP
OP
Valcrist

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
This game is super charming and has a nice style to it, also it has one of the best soundtracks in the series.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
This game is super charming and has a nice style to it, also it has one of the best soundtracks in the series.
I absolutely looooove Kumi Tanioka's score for this game. I just wish the English theme for the remaster used the original vocal track from Donna Burke. The new recording is fine, but it just sounds too different than the original. She makes a lot of changes to it.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You very much want to play this with a party, because the combat and character progression's depth is mostly shut to you alone, but also because it's a very lonely journey without one.

It does have a story, but it's not anything particularly grandiose.

Well, you didn't have to, but I can tell you from personal experience that the GBA was a lot less of a pain in the ass, lol.

AKKqrgC.jpg
Man, I want whatever Nintendo was smoking back then.

Deleted member 39353

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 1, 2018
Looks great! Framerate seems to be totally fixed from the early trailers and the new theme song sounds great. Excited!

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

It was super fun with four players, I have such good memories of it. But yeah, it had one of the highest prerequisites for that (you also needed connection cables for all the GBAs).

Also shame on Square for releasing a 30 FPS trailer in 2020. The game is 60 FPS, right?

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Wish they'd addressed if the game progress is limited to a "host" player or if it is recorded on everyone's profile in online play :/

Einhandr

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if this is getting a retail release? There are pages up for amazon but they look like placeholders and you can't actually preorder anything. I sort of assumed this would be a digital only title at this point but holding out hope I can put a copy on my shelf too.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
A demo with 13 dungeons is pretty generous.

I might rope my friends into playing some with me lol.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if this is getting a retail release? There are pages up for amazon but they look like placeholders and you can't actually preorder anything. I sort of assumed this would be a digital only title at this point but holding out hope I can put a copy on my shelf too.
It's getting a retail release in Asia at least. I have a Switch copy pre-ordered on Play Asia.

Because it's a damn good and fun game, especially in co-op.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
JP confirmed

rest of the world prob not or they'll make it S-E store-exclusive again

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if the Japanese physical will have English language options? That box art is too gorg to pass up.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
From the icons of the trailer, you can play for free / invite on ALL the dungeons BUT the last one from the GC game

Are the voices new? I don't recall the original having VA.
Totally new, only part that was voice were the narrator talking at start of game/dungeons and ending. I guess.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
way so if i buy 1 version, i can play with 3 of my friends online who dont have the game?
They don't even need to have the system you are buying the game for even!
You can buy the game on ios, have 1 friend on Android, another on Switch and last one on ps4 in the lite versions.
Everyone will be able to see EVERYTHING but the last dungeon and the bonus content.
Insane value.