Dec 2, 2017
I'm having an issue with what to do with mine. I had two, a slim with a disc drive and a regular Launch model. Sold the launch model before the pro was officially announced to get maximum value, but since the pro doesn't come with a disc drive, It leaves me torn on the PS5 slim. I could sell it I think for around £320 ish, but then the disc drive is £100, and I'm still disc only on PS5, so going digital isn't an option for me. I thought about taking the disc drive off the slim and selling it as a digital one, but then it doesn't have the plate and leaves the disc drive exposed. Not sure what I'm going to do.

How about you Era?

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I am get the pro but I am keeping my old console as a back up.

All the trade in places are gone for my and I am not will to risk Facebook marketplace.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I probably won't buy a Pro (just yet?) but I sold my four years old PS5 (in very good condition, complete with box) for 400€ on Ebay a few days ago.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
When I got a Pro and PS5 I gave my base PS4 and PS4 Pro to friends of mine who couldn't afford it really at the time but given the Pro's price now I don't think I can afford to not sell my PS5 lol Rough times

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
Store it and wait for CFW to become available for the firmware version it is currently on so that I can mess around with that some day.

NextGen

Banned
Aug 5, 2024
If I ever get a Pro, which currently is unlikely, I'll just sell my PS5 or give it to a friend of mine, so we can have some fun playing EA FC whatever number with the guys.

Oct 29, 2017
USA
Selling it to my brother for $300. He's getting black plates, an extra hard drive, and possibly a second controller if I can snag the 30th anniversary one so it's a good deal. He's been wanting one ever since I got mine so he's happy it's finally going to happen.

TheDeep1974

Oct 26, 2017
I sold my Series X already. The annoying bit is that I sold it before the price was announced so I did not expect to cost that much. But I will swallow my pride and buy it anyway.

SnoopZ

Jul 30, 2019
I'm having an issue with what to do with mine. I had two, a slim with a disc drive and a regular Launch model. Sold the launch model before the pro was officially announced to get maximum value, but since the pro doesn't come with a disc drive, It leaves me torn on the PS5 slim. I could sell it I think for around £320 ish, but then the disc drive is £100, and I'm still disc only on PS5, so going digital isn't an option for me. I thought about taking the disc drive off the slim and selling it as a digital one, but then it doesn't have the plate and leaves the disc drive exposed. Not sure what I'm going to do.

How about you Era?
If you're in the UK where are you selling it to get £320? CEX will give me £237 for mine in cash.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Going to the living room so we have a second console for my wife. Pro will go in my theater room with the atmos speakers and G3 OLED 😎

Flexo

Jun 10, 2024
Genshin machine for my wife which is what it has been for the last 7 months...

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
Aiming to get two pro's for the girlfriend and I (she really doesn't need it but she wants it 🤦‍♂️). One of our originals we will keep for when friends come over or to use at our outdoor bar and the other will go to a friend of ours that's an Xbox family but the son has been dying to play spider-man and ratchet

Kenseiden

Aug 9, 2024
Mine is going to my niece and nephew as soon as I have my Pro + a disc drive unit for it. I'm slightly concerned about the latter, I have to admit.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Selling/gifting.

I'll probably sell it to a good friend for a low price.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
I am keeping my PS5. I am not paying 800 euros after having already paid 550 in February and it doesn't bring me the improvements I am asking for as all games already look great. And in a situation that I had no PS5, I would not pay 800 euros just for that, it's too expensive.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
The disc drive on my OG PS5 has been busted since day 1. It plays discs, but if one has been inserted for more than a half hour it doesn't eject unless I go into a safe boot.

I did add a hard drive to the PS5, so I'll probably wait till I have the Pro, swap the drive in then format and sell off the OG PS5.

Adam Tyner

Oct 25, 2017
Probably trade it in, with low possibilities of (a) moving it downstairs so my partner and I could play not-couch-co-op multiplayer games together or (b) giving it to my kid sister.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Staring at it right now and asking why its not a Pro.

Gonna keep mine as with all consoles I own. The PS5 might go to another room with my spare LG OLED though, someone will probably want to use it since I am game sharing on it as well.

Rainer516

Oct 29, 2017
I'm giving mine to my friend's 4yo son.

My own kid (3) can always play the series X or Switch or whatever.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can't afford the cost of a Pro without subsidizing so I'll be selling the PS5 for as much as I can.

Kazaam

Oct 26, 2017
London
I sold my original launch disk PS5, no hassle, through musicmagpie in UK for £275 (along with my og Switch and an Xbox One X for a total of around £500). I still think the Pro's price is a joke with what they've showcased for it so far, but I'm dumb enough to usually go for most latest things in gaming (a complex developed when I was a kid and could barely afford one console if any).

I still have a digital slim in the office and I guess I'll switch back and forth the external disk drive between the Pro and it, if I want to play physical games on the digital

X-Frame

Oct 25, 2017
I won't get rid of my PS5 until after I get the Pro. Probably means I'll only get like $200 for it, but that's alright with me.

This is what I think I am going to do as well. I can't trust the availability of trading into Gamestop now and hoping they have enough stock, so this route removes any headaches or stress even if I get less money in the trade in.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Lately I had a need for another PS5 in my home.

I'll be keeping my current one. Current one will go in my bedroom.

Last edited:

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Please don't sell them to stores for ridiculously low prices, you can find people online that will give you more money and not pathetic store credit.

sensei90

May 27, 2020
I am keeping my PS5. I am not paying 800 euros after having already paid 550 in February and it doesn't bring me the improvements I am asking for as all games already look great. And in a situation that I had no PS5, I would not pay 800 euros just for that, it's too expensive.

Why this comment in this specific thread for PS5 Pro buyers? Did you read the thread title? 🤡 Do you go around in threads about buying a specific product that you don't want and bash them?

Anyways, I'll sell mine. Already bought the disc drive.