• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which figure should I buy?

• Futaba Casual

Votes: 122 52.4%
  • Futaba Phantom Thief

Votes: 66 28.3%
  • Futaba Nendoroid

Votes: 45 19.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrHeisenbird

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
With Persona 5 being SEGA and Atlus's latest commercial hit, there is a plethora of merchandise coming out - particularly in Japan.

I'll get to the point - there are 3 Futaba Sakura figures and I don't know which one to buy. I'm not one to buy multiple figures of the same character, so I have a little problem.

This first figure is already released - casual Futaba with smartphone and Morgana options for ~$120.
FIGURE-030250.jpg

Next one is the Phantom Thief suit - comes with a light up base and a ton of detail for ~$250. This one releases next year, and I have it preordered but not paid yet.
190eba94-6e6f-4a03-8815-38907ded50cf.jpg

The third one is a Nendoroid. It's not up for preorder yet, but it will likely release for ~$50 - the cheapest of the three. This is just a prototype of it:
675865.jpg

Honestly, I might end up just buying the latter two, but I still want a second opinion.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
The light up base is fantastic.

Avoid nendoroids, they are the devil. You get one and think it's cute, next thing you know your house is full of them.

Deleted member 6436

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have the first one and really like it. Not a huge fan of her Phantom Thief outfit, so that one didn't really appeal to me.

Fire Bocchi

Oct 25, 2017
i had preordered the first one, but had to cancel since i couldnt afford getting both her and the hilda pokmeon figure, and i decided to go with the hilda figure since i already have rosa

i'll be getting the futaba nendo to make up for it

Deleted member 14002

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nendoroids are great, specially for the price and diverse set of options it grants.

2nd one looks like it'll only be good in a dark room.

1 is ok but it's plain.

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
I'd say the first one is the best bang for your buck if you just want a Futaba figure. The second is great too, but it's pricey. I saw both in real life (the second was being exhibited at Radio Kaikan in Akihabara last month), and if I had to choose, the first would be it.

I stay away from Neondroids, since I'm not really a fan of anything super deformed.

JosephL64

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I love scale figures, and I'm not so big on joints so I'd recommend the first with the nendo following at a close second.

She looks great, in any case I hope you enjoy whichever figure you get.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
The first one. It's simple and nice looking. Most figures I have, I try to avoid super flashy looking poses. I like simple and nice.

My only figures I have is Marisa Kirisame and Reimu Hakurei from Touhou for reference.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
I feel like I have seen the first motive a few times already and it's the "safe" choice, while the 2nd looks completely new to me.
Might also have to do with the fact that it's the first time that I have seen her Thief oufit. :D
The light base idea is great though.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
The first looks the best. The second is too busy, and the last is that goofy chibi style that nowadays reminds me of funco pop.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Forget all 3 and buy figuarts Goku Black. Failing that, the first one with the cat.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want them all, but I like the Phantom Thief one the best I think. The casual one is pretty awesome too though, not really a fan of the chibi stuff too much.

Futaba is the best though

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Nendoroid are lame and never understood the appeal of them. Proper scaled figurines are the way to go. First one is the only good one. Lights would be an annoyance depending on where you are intending to place it.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Biased to nendoroids (and going with that kind of price range compare to $100+), so I would say #3, through they can be dangerous! :P

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
The light up base on the second one is cool, but I like her expression on the first one much more. I'd go with the first.

PatMan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you're goal is to ever get laid, I'd suggest none of them. But if I'd have to pick, anything but the last one (which would instantly restore your v card if you had lost if already)

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't like how the first one makes my bro Morgana a bonus add-on. He's worth $120 himself.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The first one is the best one to my eye.
I am not an otaku.
Your untrained non-otaku eye sure seems to hit that weeb taste. It's a miracle.
Lmao.
Which one is the easiest to clean cum off of?
This thread is going places.
I don't like how the first one makes my bro Morgana a bonus add-on. He's worth $120 himself.
Personally I'd throw that bonus add-on in the trash in fear he prevents me from doing anything but to sleep.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
The 1st one is the most appealing but the 2nd could work a room better. It really depends on your room already looks.

The 3rd is too experimental and safe for certain types of people.

For example someone who subscribes to a really modern look would be too experimental.

Otoh it would be too safe for the type of person who likes to decorate with antique models.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Casual Futaba by Phat. The Amakuni version with the light-up base is cool, but I don't think the sculpt is as clean.