Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Perfect

Votes: 241 58.2%
  • Max

Votes: 4 1.0%

• Total voters

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
So Cell is one of the many DBZ villains who has multiple forms. Out of all of them which one is your favourite:

Imperfect Cell:

latest

Semi-Perfect Cell:

4955102-semi-perfect%20cell.png

Perfect Cell:

latest

dcdv3wj-a4d01414-462f-45f4-9b1a-103947ac5f6b.png

Cell Max:

latest

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I like the red on Cell Max, but Imperfect Cell has a creepy vibe to him that I dig.

Perfect Cell is a solid villain, but Imperfect Cell gives me the heebie jeebies.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like cell max if he wasnt a fucking idiot and huge as fuck. Pefect cell is perfect, but Id been down with a more scary upgrade from first form cell

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Cell max is the Bio Broly of the Cell forms and will be ignored as it should be

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Only got around to watching Super Hero like 2 days ago but

Cell Max is the absolute worst thing this franchise has ever done.

I say that as someone who lowkey wanted a Cell return after Frieza got theirs and oh god no I was so wrong so very wrong

Vex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
something was lost when imperfect cell became semi and then perfect. He had this slithery voice and creepy demeanor. The way he used to absorb humans... drinking them out of their skin/flesh. That was craaaazzzyy

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I liked semi perfect, short lived form but it was neat.

Perfect cell is undoubtedly the slicker cooler transformation but semi is my fave.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
Imperfect is definitely the scariest, but Perfect has the theme and is a fantastic shit talker. Probably best in the series until Frieza came back in Super.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
I don't hate Cell Max. The design isn't great, but gets overshadowed by how awful Gohan and Piccolo's new forms look. And the mindless monster thing was an easier sell than actual Cell for me.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Imperfect had the best buildup. First androids and all of a sudden people were disappearing with only their clothes left behind? Shit was terrifying as a kid.
latest

but perfect Cell is iconic. Man showed up and humbled Vegeta and in a rare moment looked at a character unveil a new form and humbled them anyway.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously Perfect Cell. He is perfect, after all.

(Actual answer having not seen any Dragonball aside from Abridged clips in almost 20 years - Imperfect Cell)

Last edited:

Vex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The absolute terror:

tumblr_inline_p8hhxcsh7M1s4w1av_400.gif

SpiritedHarmfulAmmonite-max-1mb.gif

You could see all the souls of all the people he had absorbed....

dragon-ball-piccolo-imperfect-cell-797p5jny1tnpgfq4.gif

rGLKOY.gif

This was my favorite part of the saga in some ways. lol

Also, there's something to be said a bout a villain showing up and not immediately being the strongest. He had to slither around and wait in the shadows. Even retreating when necessary to build up power to accomplish his mission. His background and origin story was actually well thought out. And what a blindside that was when he turned out to be the true big bad after trunks warns us about the "two dangerous androids". My favorite saga overall ^_^

Last edited:

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Imperfect Cell is a vibe and one of the best parts of Dragon Ball. I like Perfect Cell too but the horror vibe of Imperfect Cell was cooler

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Imperfect is the best because he's unique as an insect like alien.

Perfect Cell is just a dude.

Semi perfect is like an awkward middle stage Pokémon.

Vex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imperfect couldn't even take Krillin.

a405656aa33ec599e9913c842ac9441c.gif

tumblr_psi5sy0NA91s15h3qo1_500.gif
This is precisely why I liked him so much. He wasnt some story plot invulnerable being. He was VERY vulnerable. But he was smart. He knew when to retreat and lick his wounds. He would pull out any trick necessary to get what he needed. He was a NASTY villain. Amazing voice acting in both JAPANESE and ENGLISH.

EDIT: also the art in those scenes you posted is godlike. Sometimes DBZ was spot on with their character animation/art. lol

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I vote Max. And I realize I'm an outlier here, but I fucking hate Perfect Cell. Green with dark spots all over is just not an aesthetic I enjoy. I also don't like the Ginyu Force.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I've always vaguely thought Semi-Perfect was supposed to resemble a racist caricature but I can't say for sure.

Anyway, Imperfect. He's fun in the story there as a creepy monster. He's still fun as Perfect but he's largely carried by Wakamoto and Clarke chewing scenery. In the manga he is fairly boring in comparison.

View: https://youtu.be/FI1TSEh4CKc

The range Clarke and Wakamoto gave him across all 3 forms might be the most impressive things about their performances. One of those characters perfectly cast in both languages from the word go.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Imperfect is so good. He's an insect monster, not just a guy in a costume.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Max Cell was just odd. If you're gonna bring Cell back and have a nostalgic rematch between Gohan and Cell, actually bring back Cell instead of this weird monster. If you're not gonna do that, make a new character. This weird halfway point does the movie no favors. Toriyama even apologized for giving Wakamoto such a weak script lol

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
The best cell was the bulid up to cell. The way people were disappearing was creepy. Watching that guy melt away topped it off.

Perfect cell looks cool but was boring in comparison.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Cell Max was just a kaiju. It's hard to imagine that it would please Cell fans but it makes sense that they're going to want to give you something big at the end if you're going to put in the effort of going to the theater.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
What is that Cell Max design lmao

Always liked imperfect and perfect Cell designs. Hated the semi-perfect one but apparently now they managed to create something even worse.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Putting a spoiler warning for Super Hero is ironically a spoiler lol

Imperfect is alright, I do like the creepy factor.

I don't like Semi-perfects lips, am I allowed to be offended by his lips?

Perfect Cell is literally perfect. God his design is so slick.

Cell Max is trash. They Bio Broly'd my boy

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Max Cell was just odd. If you're gonna bring Cell back and have a nostalgic rematch between Gohan and Cell, actually bring back Cell instead of this weird monster. If you're not gonna do that, make a new character. This weird halfway point does the movie no favors. Toriyama even apologized for giving Wakamoto such a weak script lol

It was so lame knowing being in Superhero was this obvious open secret, and then I go and actually watch the movie and it's just this mindless monster...

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Cell Max shouldn't even be considered here. Trash tier.

Imperfect cell is the one that freaked me the fuck out as a kid. I got a soft spot for it.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
So Max is just second form but with red?

So a worse version of the worst Cell?

Perfect reigns supreme

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
OP is rigging the poll by including Super Perfect Cell as Perfect Cell. You've got to pick a side.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
The absolute terror:

tumblr_inline_p8hhxcsh7M1s4w1av_400.gif

SpiritedHarmfulAmmonite-max-1mb.gif

You could see all the souls of all the people he had absorbed....

dragon-ball-piccolo-imperfect-cell-797p5jny1tnpgfq4.gif

rGLKOY.gif

This was my favorite part of the saga in some ways. lol

Also, there's something to be said a bout a villain showing up and not immediately being the strongest. He had to slither around and wait in the shadows. Even retreating when necessary to build up power to accomplish his mission. His background and origin story was actually well thought out. And what a blindside that was when he turned out to be the true big bad after trunks warns us about the "two dangerous androids". My favorite saga overall ^_^
Everything said here is truth. I feel like everything in the Android arc up to and including imperfect Cell is the absolute zenith of Dragonball storytelling. Perfect Cell is certainly a "cooler" villain, but his first form was completely unique… and also flat out terrifying.

I also think Imperfect/Perfect Cell weren't used terribly well. The writing meanders a lot before settling on a tournament. Seems so out of touch with what that story arc had been up to that point