• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Did both back to back, first one was kinda funny as Void Shiki instakilled all of wave 2 including shadow Mephisto. Then wave 3 was just my casters slapping around Phantom then finishing him + instakilling the skeletons with Shiki.

Second one I just used Drake then one shotted Fergus with Robin Hood.

I mean I guess I'm just gonna overpower everything with Tamamo+Waver+counter character but like I said, I mainly was curious to see how these quests hold up to me fielding a 'real' team. Kinda hoping I don't keep steamrolling it.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
So since the 12 million downloads banner was nothing in JP, the real question is who will be the Boys Day character for 2018. I'm going to guess Achilles. I'd like to see Richard, but he seems more like a 4* saber.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
So since the 12 million downloads banner was nothing in JP, the real question is who will be the Boys Day character for 2018. I'm going to guess Achilles. I'd like to see Richard, but he seems more like a 4* saber.
12M surprise will be "?" buff
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I already can feel the healing
DXSYEJDWkAAPMwt.jpg:large

KharmaPolice

Oct 25, 2017
Richard feels like 5* material to me, especially since we only have 1 SSR Saber in the game so far. Achilles feels like the safest bet but they might hold off on him for a potential Apc event.

Edit: Speaking of Richard, I'm sure he's still a looong way off.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Richard feels like 5* material to me, especially since we only have 1 SSR Saber in the game so far. Achilles feels like the safest bet but they might hold off on him for a potential Apc event.

Edit: Speaking of Richard, I'm sure he's still a looong way off.
I'm pretty sure there won't be any male SSR Sabers save for Arthur since he has to be basically the same as Artoria. Besides while Richard is strong he is still just an Arthur fanboy. If Saber Lancelot can't make SSR then I doubt many male Sabers will.

Also I still think we will get a few SF characters early since we got Enkidu early.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder to use a command seal to fill your NP if you really need it. They regenerate daily so you're just wasting them anyway if you don't.
I'm still holding on to some hope for SSR Saber Diarmuid.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
I'm pretty sure there won't be any male SSR Sabers save for Arthur since he has to be basically the same as Artoria. Besides while Richard is strong he is still just an Arthur fanboy. If Saber Lancelot can't make SSR then I doubt many male Sabers will.

Also I still think we will get a few SF characters early since we got Enkidu early.
Charlemagne Saber when?

KharmaPolice

Oct 25, 2017
If the male Saber that appeared during the Shimousa chapter isn't gonna be a 5* I'll be very surprised (unless they decide to make him a different class).

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, I'm silly.
Muramasa Shirou
still isn't playable right? I'm sure he'd bring in mad White's Day cash.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Strange Fake keeps the identity of the servants a secret for maximum hype so careful about spoiling stuff btw.
Eh most of their identities save for a couple are revealed right off the bat. And it will be hard to keep them under wraps even then if they get added to the game.

Oct 25, 2017
Eh most of their identities save for a couple are revealed right off the bat. And it will be hard to keep them under wraps even then if they get added to the game.
Yeah, but
Richard
is deliberately kept under wraps as are a few others. KharmaPolice mentioned it to me a while back so I did some reading up on it and tbh I'm not sure we'll get more servants in game, at least not until he's done with the LNs. Supposedly he was very unhappy about
Enkidu being added to the game and also a certain Caster as he felt that gave away the identity of true Berserker

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of any othe rmust have servants for me outside of Nero Caster. I'm pretty happy with what I have now.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but
Richard
is deliberately kept under wraps as are a few others. KharmaPolice mentioned it to me a while back so I did some reading up on it and tbh I'm not sure we'll get more servants in game, at least not until he's done with the LNs. Supposedly he was very unhappy about
Enkidu being added to the game and also a certain Caster as he felt that gave away the identity of true Berserker
True Berserker's identity is basically given away second one when it's stated that he is the rival of Tesla.

KharmaPolice

Oct 25, 2017
True Berserker's identity is basically given away second one when it's stated that he is the rival of Tesla.
This is true, but knowing that
Richard is the Lionheart is in FSF
I would consider a rather big spoiler. The scene where his identity is revealed was really cool and it would have lost impact for me if I knew his identity beforehand.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
This is true, but knowing that
Richard is the Lionheart is in FSF
I would consider a rather big spoiler. The scene where his identity is revealed was really cool and it would have lost impact for me if I knew his identity beforehand.
That's fair. I had forgotten
Richard's identity
was a volume 3 thing anyway, so that is my bad.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Though I will say when it comes to his identity:
His mention of Loxley was a strong give away since the only notable archer of Loxley is Robin Hood which the only great Knight he is generally associated with is Lionheart in most interpretations.

Oct 25, 2017
It is, but he was still unhappy about it apparently as the identity hadn't been confirmed in the LN. Although tbh I've not seen a source for these claims so who knows.

I'd love strange fake servants in FGO myself. Would roll for
Richard

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I want them all tbh though I want Berserker Jack the most. Strange Fake has a great cast.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Cool thanks. A lot of people have mentioned how good FSF is, so I just wanted to get a taste of what it's about.

Is the manga an adaptation of the LN or supplemental to the LN?
It's an adaptation that started alongside the LN series. It has good art, but the scan quality is lacking since the publisher dosen't do digital releases.

Deleted member 1852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of any othe rmust have servants for me outside of Nero Caster. I'm pretty happy with what I have now.
I still need an Archer of some sort but we're getting Kuro for free so I'm not even really concerned about that. Beyond that collecting Servants is mostly just pulling for waifus now, I've established a solid baseline to work with in every class except Avenger and not yet released ones.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
It's an adaptation that started alongside the LN series. It has good art, but the scan quality is lacking since the publisher dosen't do digital releases.
Ah I see that's cool that it's an adaptation and not a side story because I was deciding on which one to pick up at Kinokuniya. As I can't read Japanese obviously, I'd much rather pick up the manga because there's art at least.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Advocating Piracy
Ah I see that's cool that it's an adaptation and not a side story because I was deciding on which one to pick up at Kinokuniya. As I can't read Japanese obviously, I'd much rather pick up the manga because there's art at least.
If you want to be a real hero then pick up an extra copy of the third volume of the manga, debind it, and scan it to the internet. I'm pretty sure the only pictures we still have of it are phone pictures of the open book.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Challenge three was a bit rougher than I expected. I used Bride, Red Saber, Emiya, Lu Bu, and Ushi. I didn't lose anyone before the third stage, but I had to use so many healing and defensive skills before then that I didn't have any left to protect the front line from Gilles' NP. But by that point the assassin was down, and Lu Bu finished off the rider before falling, leaving Ushi and hat!Nagito to finish Gilles. He kept using the NP drain, so Ushi finished him with a brave chain.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I used Vlad, Tamamo, Hans, David, Jeanne, Story Dantes. I lost Vlad and Hans to Gilles NP, but those were my only casualties.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Number 3 went very smoothly for me. Altera Gil and Santa Alter frontline (with 2x Imaginary Element and 1x Halloween princess). 1x Arts chain and my NPs were mostly charged before the first wave ended. 3 turns for the 2nd wave (thanks to a buster chain and a brave chain), then its time to let the NPs rip. 3x AOE NP killed both demons and left COOL with 15K HP (would have been even less if I put Ea third). Altera finished him off with a brave chain.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Mash, Okita, and Hans frontline, Euryale, Herc, and Dantes backline. Hans' crit boost allowed Okita to take care of the second battle quick. Ended up losing my entire frontline in the 3rd round, though Mash and Hans stayed around long enough for Euryale to do her thing. Herc managed to get one NP in too, thanks to MLB Imaginary Element.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
3rd level was pretty easy. Just stack zerkers on the frontline and riders in the back, and they managed just fine.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I checked out the whole Tower event manga where that page earlier was from and boy Nightengale is cool. Damn these story based gatcha making me want characters I didn't want before.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking that I should probably raise up a second Berserker to give Lu Bu some backup when the situation calls for it. Such as when dealing with Rulers. Any thoughts on which 1-3* Berserkers would be best to focus on?

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
Third day the easiest one yet for me. Hans & Caster Liz with 2030s just shitting stars for Santa Alter for NP gain, swap out Liz for Shiki on the second round for instant death kill on the golem, then grind away at the final round.

Status
Not open for further replies.