Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
WTF is this travesty fam? Did the marketing VP have a "very talented 12 year old son" who really wanted to do a "kick-ass drawing" for daddy's new phone? How one become an art director and let this atrocity happen on your flagship product? I don't care how fast the phone is or how buttery smooth the screen is. Knowing that this abomination was part of the packaging makes it impossible for me to spend $500+ on that phone!

www.youtube.com

Nubia Red Magic 5G Unboxing and Hands-on - 144Hz Gaming Smartphone!

MVP Campaign (a chance to win up to 5 phones)https://na.redmagic.gg/pages/mvp-operation-redmagicRed Magic main site: https://na.redmagic.ggCheck out TK's You...

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of mid-2000s GPU boxes.
If it was like GPU artwork it would have a robot dragon breathing fire.

I would say it reminds me of some dimestore paperback science fiction novel. Or more accurately, like the artwork they might put on a new printing of a classic science fiction book. Like, that could be the cover art for a new edition of I, Robot or something.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
I can't tell you what the box of any of my electronics purchases in the past 5 years looks like, because they go into the garbage when I know the device is fully functional.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Look like a good phone. Who cares about the box, it's going in the bin.

But man, that looks like the most awful way to play PUBG.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
The phone will be removed from the box and the box will never be used ever again unless it's being resold.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Or a frog in a mech.

www.theverge.com

Remembering the lost art of the graphics card box

The Verge is about technology and how it makes us feel. Founded in 2011, we offer our audience everything from breaking news to reviews to award-winning features and investigations, on our site, in video, and in podcasts.
Haha, that looks like some creepy Star Wars fan-art hentai:

260831_art311_x800_box.0.0.jpg

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It has a Snapdragon 865 (same SoC as the S20+) for a reasonable price. Just recycle the box and put a non-transparent case on the phone to hide its ugly design.

Based0ne

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
That cover is dope AF, op you must be hallucinating.

I've never heard of the red magic brand. What are they good for?

OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
That cover is dope AF, op you must be hallucinating.

I've never heard of the red magic brand. What are they good for?
Red Magic phones are using top of the line components aimed at gaming at mid range prices. (~$500 gets you SD 865 and 144Hz OLED screen with active fan cooling). All fine and dandy but fuck that box "art"...

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing really WRONG with it is that the back of her head is way too small. Otherwise it's a basic ass piece of art?

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Guess I don't know enough about phones as this sounds like some off brand gimmick thing. With that expectation the box art is fine.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
The box is whatever. Nobody will care about that after they take out the phone and start using it.

The back of that phone though is another matter entirely. It looks like it was lifted straight off of any generic "gamer" style PC hardware. THAT is the real travesty here.