purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
Allegations from fans who claim to have been sexually involved with popular streamer Vinny of Vinesauce have been trending on Twitter this evening, with a lot of people dismissing them as 'fake' or 'false'.

Yes, the email conversations do not read like the communications viewers are accustomed to. No, it's not using the email address fans usually send to, but that email address is his. Yes, the profile picture seems off. Yes, it's hard to verify the truth of screengrabs.

But I would have a glance through the below. Personally I've seen enough at this point to warrant making a thread.

Their statement here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f38JScuT6yvd_ByjUyDDQ5RH2vteaWmm1A7oJfegHmU/mobilebasic

Audio linked from the above document: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PEk5SmZyL8o&feature=youtu.be

Some notable tweets from fellow streamers and mods:

I know many will dismiss this with no issues because no minors are involved in this instance, but there is a power imbalance here as well as silencing and manipulation tactics. As a long-time viewer of his content, this saddens me to read.

We_care_a_lot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Summerside PEI
I would like to participate in this thread but I got banned from one the other day and I get really upset when people make excuses for this shit.

youtubers/streamers stop fucking your fans challenge 2021

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the stuff in the document in particular does not look very real, but people familiar with him are mentioning being in the know about him doing stuff like that. Dunno what to think about it yet. But it does suck.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
...I have no words. I hope the victims find peace, at least.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
There is audio in the doc and it seems pretty damning to me. It sounds just like him and it has some pretty not so nice stuff in it.

Using people like this is so stupid, why can't people just be fucking normal?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
547qn2.jpg

This keeps happening.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Apparently I don't have google docs on my phone so I'm downloading it so the images are readable.

I'll just say that I enjoy his streams and have seen a large amount of them this past year. From watching, I've noticed is clearly very selective about what he shares. He has a similar laidback attitude to my own where I will share details that make it seem like I'm an open book as a sort of self-defense. I didn't read anything negative from that since, again, that's how I am, but I can also say that emails sounding off would not be weird to me as that kind of comes with the territory.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
This sucks because I've watched him to have background noise when I sleep for like the past 7 years and I hate the idea that I supported someone like this. If it's real, I hope the victims find peace.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Why why why does someone I looked up to since 2014 end up doing this, of all people. I remember being super sad when one of his editor friends, VappyVap died of COVID last year (still am sad about that, tbh), and I've always done my best to support the channel and charity events whenever I could, even though I never was able to donate. But seeing people I trust in his circle come out and back up these allegations just makes me feel it's very likely to be true, and it just fucking pisses me off how content creators can abuse power dynamics to take advantage of their audience. Vinny was pretty much the reason I even made my twitch account so long ago in the first place so if someone I respected this much ends up being such a horribly abusive and controlling person I'll be utterly ashamed to have even supported him for all these years.

Hell, considering the super fierce pushback the tweet thread is getting from fans who aren't even wanting to fathom the situation, along with harassment I'm starting to see at those who are backing up the story (the tweets in the OP)and saying that they know first hand this stuff is true, I have a very sickening feeling that even if this ends up being 10000% confirmed by Vinny himself in a confession, his fans will continue to harass the victims and stick by him no matter what, just like how people did with Relaxalax/Chaseface/Projared and lots of other creeps that have done abusive shit, instead of realizing that maybe not all people are the heroes you think they are

Jan 30, 2021
God damnit, I thought a lot of his work was genuinely funny and would work or walk the dogs listening to it. Why does everyone need to be a creep?

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
That audio clip is pretty hard to dismiss. It's just so weird because what he says there is so far removed from his stream personality. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Fucking hell. I don't think this a Danny vs kiwifarms situation this time. Full stop- It's irresponsible as fuck to have sex with your fans but this runs much deeper. The attempted silencing is really gross.

I don't know anymore.

I don't understand how people "don't get attached" to internet personalities, musicians, actors, etc to the point that they don't even feel anything with this shit gets revealed. It's really hard to do.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Oh boy. I have a lot to say after that first experience, but let me finish reading. For now: Do people really think the emails don't sound like Vinny? Like have they watched his AI Dungeon streams? The typos and sentence structure is all there.

Hero of Legend

The Hero of Thread Titles
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Might actually be fake and just a /v/ smear campaign (if I'm understanding it right):

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't read much of these accusations but apparently Vinny was already streaming during the same time these emails were supposedly sent

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Also was shared this (warning: slurs in image):

So then, why would A: a very trusted and respectable youtuber chime in and confirm that Vinny has had victims, and B: a former mod for him? It just seems like something's up still and those are pretty much the biggest thing giving this credit and why I think this isn't something to dismiss yet

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I haven't read much of these accusations but apparently Vinny was already streaming during the same time these emails were supposedly sent

Not saying whether these allegations are true or false, but he doesn't do facecam, and you can send e-mails while you play video games. Just because he was streaming at that time that doesn't exonerate him.

Hero of Legend

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not saying whether these allegations are true or false, but he doesn't do facecam, and you can send e-mails while you play video games. Just because he was streaming at that time that doesn't exonerate him.
He does actually. He sometimes does facecams as a stereotypical Call of Duty gamer dude called V-Dubs I think.

Jan 16, 2018
Hope's Peak Academy
Oh boy. I have a lot to say after that first experience, but let me finish reading. For now: Do people really think the emails don't sound like Vinny? Like have they watched his AI Dungeon streams? The typos and sentence structure is all there.
Not to mention that these emails are all from Friday, and his usual emailing times are sunday. Apparently "bobs" is also inconsistent because it was a chat-made meme that wasn't made at the time?

Something about this all seems a bit fishy to me. I'm not sure if there will be any conclusion if this is all we got as well. There's not too much to dig from emails and the voice clip besides what we can see from it, and two people saying "yo there's more". If any other victims were to come out, now might as well be the best time.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking hell. I don't think this a Danny vs kiwifarms situation this time. Full stop- It's irresponsible as fuck to have sex with your fans but this runs much deeper. The attempted silencing is really gross.

I don't know anymore.

I don't understand how people "don't get attached" to internet personalities, musicians, actors, etc to the point that they don't even feel anything with this shit gets revealed. It's really hard to do.

I'm the opposite. I don't get attached to these strangers/entertainers. I don't really know them even if I watch them entertain for hours in the same way I don't know actors/musicians.

The reason I like vtubers even more is bc I'm that much more disconnected from the actual person. I don't know them and nor do I want to know who they are.

Aaronmac

Nov 12, 2017
Yup, been a fan of Vinny's content for ages and I was going to pop in here real quick to say that while ALL victims of sexual assault or manipulation should be believed, I will always take any thrown in the direction of Vinny with a heavy dose of skepticism and a grain of salt because of how many times he has been targeted by the likes of 4chan idiots and even more terrible forces of inceldom (of which there are worse than the 4chan crowd, believe it or not) with similar (fake) accusations in the past. This does not absolve him from any potential wrongdoing, of course, but these situations have traditionally always turned out to be hit pieces in the case of Vinny.

Glad to see those bases have already been covered in the thread.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm sorry, but I"m going to need more proof. I've watched Vinny for a long while and his personality is very homebody. And this is def something I can see /v/ doing.

Hero of Legend

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's an occasional feature though, not the norm. The stream in question had no facecam.
Even then, if there was this mess going on during a stream, wouldn't you hear a lot of tapping (unless he was using a phone?), but even then, when would he have the time to send emails while focusing on a game? If you can pinpoint the very minute these emails were sent, see if he was playing the game constantly. If so, there'd be no way he could squeeze in emails at the same time. He'd need like four arms for that or shit.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
That's an occasional feature though, not the norm. The stream in question had no facecam.
You can just go to the stream VOD and see whether he does any weird pauses or whether you can hear keyboard tapping or anything that would make it physically possible for these emails to have been sent at that time lol

The answer is no, by the way...

OP
OP
purseowner

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
FYI, Vinny would usually be streaming now. The channel is not live.

Hero of Legend

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Deleted member 3924

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The people on those sites all speak in the cringiest possible way, like the incel version of being a dudebro. No fucking wonder murderers and sociopaths spawn from there.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Celebrities (yes welcome to the internet era) fucking their fans or people in general over is a tale at least as old as Weinstein's malformed dick. Society continues having a weird celebrity issue. Hope victims get the help they need.

Fuck if this is a smear campaign then I deserve crow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
purseowner

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was all I was trying to say by pointing it out. He's stuck in a stalemate until he acknowledges it.
Which would feed the 4chan types even more. They WANT a reaction if this is a /v/ campaign, which, from my history of watching Vinny, I'm starting to believe is the case.

Thats not his logo, nor does he ever seperate his name as Vine Sauce.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
That was all I was trying to say by pointing it out. He's stuck in a stalemate until he acknowledges it.
Have GameGrumps (Arin/Dan) acknowledged anything? Are they in a stalemate? They're still regularly posting videos. I could see Vinesauce ignoring this entirely whether it is true or false.

OP
OP
purseowner

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
Have GameGrumps (Arin/Dan) acknowledged anything? Are they in a stalemate? They're still regularly posting videos. I could see Vinesauce ignoring this entirely whether it is true or false.
The main content Game Grumps deal in as far as I'm aware are prerecorded videos. Vinny livestreams with a Twitch chat. It's going to be harder to ignore.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So then, why would A: a very trusted and respectable youtuber chime in and confirm that Vinny has had victims, and B: a former mod for him? It just seems like something's up still and those are pretty much the biggest thing giving this credit and why I think this isn't something to dismiss yet
Could be that this recent story was 'faked' but that there are legitimate victims buried underneath all this.

That said, I'm going to wait and see what happens with this since there is an ex-mod backing this up and I have no reason to believe she would be lying. Streamers shouldn't be doing this kind of shit to fans and it's disgusting that it keeps happening. Hopefully any potential victims of this will be able to have some peace.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The main content Game Grumps deal in as far as I'm aware are prerecorded videos. Vinny livestreams with a Twitch chat. It's going to be harder to ignore.
Maybe you should edit OP? A lot of people are coming in here not knowing that a lot of this is starting to look fishy.

Look at the twitter account here.