platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
My wheel came in yesterday which was totally unexpected, I hadn't even received a tracking number lol.

I couldn't wait to test it out and clamped it onto my dinky stand. It was definitely an eye-opening experience because I'm coming from a Logitech GT. Yes, you read that. A Logitech GT from the PS3 era.
Good lawd lol. how big of a difference has it been?

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
I have a Driving Force GT (aka the Gran Turismo 4 wheel) sitting under my desk right now, just never got around to throwing it away. February can't get here soon enough…

sonnyboy

Oct 25, 2017
Good lawd lol. how big of a difference has it been?

I don't even think it's fair to compare the two lololol. Honestly, the GT did what I needed it to do over the last month. I'm really just getting into the hobby and remembered I had it stored away. The belt definitely gave up past a certain turning point and would stop providing feedback. The pedals belong in a Power Wheel lol. If I made a mistake with the GT, it was darn near unrecoverable

With the DD Pro, I just know what the vehicle is doing. There's zero numbness or vagueness to it, you can react to almost situation in a timely manner.

And yeah, the wheel is pretty ugly but it's functional. I like having the buttons.

I have a Driving Force GT (aka the Gran Turismo 4 wheel) sitting under my desk right now, just never got around to throwing it away. February can't get here soon enough…

I'm going to let my daughter use mine.

Jan 10, 2018
And yeah, the wheel is pretty ugly but it's functional. I like having the buttons.

If you have the money I can recomment the GT3 wheel. It's a favourite of many sim racers and it has a lot of buttons to use as well. If you don't like the Xbox buttons you can switch them with different buttons that come with the package. Also a big plus to have an Xbox wheel with a PS base because then you can use your setup on both consoles.

Product_thumbnail_MCLaren_GT3_V2_absolutely.jpg

sonnyboy

Oct 25, 2017
If you have the money I can recomment the GT3 wheel. It's a favourite of many sim racers and it has a lot of buttons to use as well. If you don't like the Xbox buttons you can switch them with different buttons that come with the package. Also a big plus to have an Xbox wheel with a PS base because then you can use your setup on both consoles.

Product_thumbnail_MCLaren_GT3_V2_absolutely.jpg

Thank you for the suggestion and for emptying my wallet further lolol. Please forgive my ignorance here, but am I correct in my assumption that this wheel will only work on Xbox?

Oh! It'll work with PS if I have a PS base. Niceeeeee.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018
Thank you for the suggestion and for emptying my wallet further lolol. Please forgive my ignorance here, but am I correct in my assumption that this wheel will only work on Xbox?

No. In order to achieve compatibility with consoles the equipment has to have a certain chip installed. On Playstation the chip is installed in the wheel base and on Xbox it's installed in the wheel. When you combine a PS wheel base with an Xbox wheel you get compatibility with both consoles. :)

Gangrel

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Fanatec dropped the price of the Express Version(If you want it ASAP) by $100 so it's only $50 more than the regular version now.

Macello

Oct 25, 2017
Baltimore, Maryland
I got my wheel a few weeks ago after using a Fanatec CSR for the past ten years. I had been using a Drivehub to run it on Xbox and PS4/5 but I had no force feedback in Forza Horizon 3 and 4. I also got the CSL Elite WRC wheel with it and a Wheel Stand 2.0. Wow, what a difference! Totally worth the insane amount of money that it cost, and now it's $100 less than I paid for it.

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
Not going to lie, was hoping the bump was someone who didn't order the express bundle saying they got a shipping email. It said February when I ordered so still hopeful I get it before GT7.

Otheradam

Shinra Employee
Nov 1, 2017
If I get the GT DD PRO, it works out of the box with Forza Horizon 5 on PC right? I know I'd need an xbox wheel if I want to play on a console. Also at this point I think I'd just wait for the March 14 ship and spend the saved $50 on the load cell kit. Still deciding if I want to invest in a wheel though.

Oct 25, 2017
Not going to lie, was hoping the bump was someone who didn't order the express bundle saying they got a shipping email. It said February when I ordered so still hopeful I get it before GT7.

Mine said Feb at first ordering then slapped to March pretty much immediately after the order, but we live in hope!

I got my wheel a few weeks ago after using a Fanatec CSR for the past ten years. I had been using a Drivehub to run it on Xbox and PS4/5 but I had no force feedback in Forza Horizon 3 and 4. I also got the CSL Elite WRC wheel with it and a Wheel Stand 2.0. Wow, what a difference! Totally worth the insane amount of money that it cost, and now it's $100 less than I paid for it.

I reckon it will blow my mind since I haven't used a wheel at all at home! Or prove my setup woefully inadequate - the Next Level GT Lite cockpit I got is waiting to be completed and utterly shaken.

How much do you have to fight against it? Have you tried using it on any non-sim games per chance? Curious how it would be in Dirt 5, I imagine weird.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017

Unless you get unlucky and you encounter the crash issue that has affected Fanatec wheels since FH5 launch making the game crash every few minutes for as long as you have a Fanatec wheel active.

The common fix is to use couple of year old drivers which isn't a good fix for a wheel that released in 2021 (and isn't a good fix for other wheels either since these wheels get significant updates and upgrades through drivers and firmware). The other fix is to wait for the developers to fix the issue but it's been nearly three months and there's been nothing on that front so far so...

Or you could indeed get lucky and you for reasons unknown you are not affected by this issue.

Macello

Oct 25, 2017
Baltimore, Maryland
Mine said Feb at first ordering then slapped to March pretty much immediately after the order, but we live in hope!

I reckon it will blow my mind since I haven't used a wheel at all at home! Or prove my setup woefully inadequate - the Next Level GT Lite cockpit I got is waiting to be completed and utterly shaken.

How much do you have to fight against it? Have you tried using it on any non-sim games per chance? Curious how it would be in Dirt 5, I imagine weird.
I had to done down some of the force or else my arms get too tired. I have used it a little in Dirt 5 and after some tuning, it works very well. It was actually very difficult to tune when I first got it and I was very discouraged, but it can store 5 different tunings on board so I have some to switch between if the in game menus are lacking (such as in Dirt 5.) I've been going between Forza Horizon 2, 3, 4 and 5 since they're like all new games now that I can play them with FFB.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Looks like the express version is now sold out.
fanatec.com

Gran Turismo DD Pro Express Version

The official Direct Drive Wheel for Gran Turismo®. Combining PlayStation®5 console performance with FANATEC® Direct Drive technology for the smoothest and most dynamic force feedback sensations. Package includes steering wheel, wheel base, and pedals.

so probably they will start shipping other peoples stuff earlier in March possibly.

OP
OP
kostacurtas

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the express version is now sold out.
fanatec.com

Gran Turismo DD Pro Express Version

The official Direct Drive Wheel for Gran Turismo®. Combining PlayStation®5 console performance with FANATEC® Direct Drive technology for the smoothest and most dynamic force feedback sensations. Package includes steering wheel, wheel base, and pedals.

so probably they will start shipping other peoples stuff earlier in March possibly.
It is still available in the EU store.

Qronicle

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
Anybody else that pre-ordered got a shipping update?
Just received an email that my status is now "warehouse processing", I ordered the 26th of November.

Would be great if it arrives before the launch of GT7, I built quite the rig since then in anticipation :)

ShadowRunner

Oct 29, 2017
Yep, just got the same email :-)
I assume its going to be compatible with existing games so we have something to try it out with before GT7?

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm absolutely not getting this (because I have one thing to buy this year, a new OLED TV to replace my ageing 1080p LCD, and if I have to get two things, the second thing will be PSVR2)

But how much of an upgrade is this over my wheel (G29)?

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
My email only talked about the Load Cell and it being delayed to March 1st, no mention of the wheel or the boost kit, I ordered like an hour after it went live in the US :(

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
This uses USB-C correct? How is that going to work with the eventual PSVR2 for GT7? Because isn't there only one USB-C port on the console? Can't have both hooked up then. 🤔

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
I'm absolutely not getting this (because I have one thing to buy this year, a new OLED TV to replace my ageing 1080p LCD, and if I have to get two things, the second thing will be PSVR2)

But how much of an upgrade is this over my wheel (G29)?

Not what you wanted to hear, but the upgrade is huge. I would also upgrade my TV from 1080p LCD to OLED first, though, you will be amazed!

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, an OLED was one of the best purchases I have ever made.

I love my GT DD Pro though, is a massive step from the T300 and it was a big step from the G29.

sonnyboy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, an OLED was one of the best purchases I have ever made.

I love my GT DD Pro though, is a massive step from the T300 and it was a big step from the G29.

Same here but I was coming from a Logitech GT lolololol. I hadn't played a racing game since the PS3 era but randomly got the itch and fell in love all over again lol.

PJTierney

Social Media Manager • EA SPORTS WRC
Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK
Any word yet on a standalone base being made available?

I'm interested but already have wheel/pedals.

Yes the CSL DD exists but if I ever get a PlayStation it isn't compatible.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
I've been going back and forth on getting this wheel. I'd be somewhat new to this as the last wheel I bought was a G27 for GT6. Is there a compatible wheel stand that anybody can recommend?

Otheradam

Shinra Employee
Nov 1, 2017
Would something like this stand work well for this kit? I am probably not going to get the load cell kit but wondering how sturdy something like this would work with the force feedback.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
I am going to be using a Wheel Stand Pro with 8nm version and I hope it does not result in real-life crashes everytime I hit something in-game! 😂

5522e8426aa1c41e42f352677dc35a52.webp

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
I received the shipping delay email, on the bright side it does move my ship date from mid-March to early-March.

I got the Next Level Wheel Stand 2.0 when B&H Photo got a restock a couple of weeks ago, just waiting for this Fanatec gear to arrive.

Oct 25, 2017
Order processing which is good! I wonder when I'll break on the load cell upgrade. It'll be a while I think considering I don't have a frame of reference for sim braking to begin with. Tbf I can say the same with the wheel which I am sure will wrench my arm off.

Qronicle

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
This is also what I got for my dd, looks like they are out of stock on Amazon, I got mine last month.
This is what I was gonna get as well, but when the cheapest places to buy them went out of stock, I convinced the missus that we could handle the full cockpit version :D (which I found a good deal for).

Since then I also bought the Fanatec shifter & McLaren wheel, and installed two bass shakers under my seat. One could say that this all escalated rather quickly :)

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
My load cell kit was delayed so the entire package is delayed until early march.
I'm cool with it though, I'm down to try the game out first on the dual sense before diving in with the new wheel once I get it set up.