dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

www.androidcentral.com

Facebook won't ban players who use more than one headset, apologizes for confusion

Facebook is banning players that use their Facebook account on more than one Oculus Quest at a time, according to some reports.

On top of that deactivating your FB account will deactivate your headset and deleting your FB account will remove all your purchases you ever made on Oculus Store.

www.eurogamer.net

Deleting Facebook also deletes your Oculus purchases

Oculus has endured a PR nightmare in recent weeks after it emerged its controversial Oculus Quest 2 Facebook account me…

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Does any hardware maker that uses signed in accounts do this? Apple, Google, etc. Never heard of this lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when folks on here told us we are too hard on FB?
giphy.gif

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
"lead to one or both Facebook accounts being disabled or permanently banned"

At least they're doing you a favor.

gozu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America
I hated facebook already but sure, I guess I can hate Zuckerberg a little more.

One piece of shit sold Oculus to another piece of shit. Sucks.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
This has GOT to be one of the legitimately worst buyouts of a successful company ever that tarnished its reputation to bits. Facebook legimitately is horrible for oculus.

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah wait what why? Is there something neferious you could do with two headsets they are trying to prevent? This makes no sense.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a comparable device to the Oculus? I'd like to get rid of mine and get something else...

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait so is this the secret to finally being able to immediately delete your FB account without a 30 day hold?

SGRX

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I think I couldn't dislike Facebook any more than I already do, they find a way to prove me wrong.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's considerate of them to just delete your fucking account when you try to use your software on two places at once, rather than simply do the sane thing of having proactive DRM in place and NOT deleting user accounts for... users using them.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
It must feel real good to put any money into this, knowing each minute you play your own bought digital stuff could be the last and then it could be gone like *poof*.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I can't tell if they thought they would sell enough to casuals to offset the insane negative word of mouth from enthusiasts or if they just totally screwed up the account integration. That "no class action lawsuit" clause shouldn't be legally enforceable but I'm sure it is 'cause AMERICA.

Is there any way to jailbreak these things yet?

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Just about every fear people had about the shift to Facebook has come true, and I haven't seen them put out any comforting statements for some of the issues people have been running into. I know for sure that when I get my VR kit it won't be Oculus no matter what other good things are in effect for it compared to the competition

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Why don't put an advice like "someone else is already using this account" like any other fu**ing service on the planet?
But no, not only you have to use a cancer fb account, but you get insta-banned for many unknown reasons... trash service.

FaffEra

Chicken Chaser
Nov 8, 2017
UK
I didn't know about the migration deadline being 2022. I'll lose like 4 launch vr games.

It's a shame Facebook is fucking this up as I was planning to get the quest 3 if it has good ipd adjustment.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
This whole Facebook/Oculus thing is ridiculous and gets worse by the day seemingly.

Yes it was obvious Facebook would integrate itself eventually when they bought Oculus, but they are going about this in the worst, most customer-unfriendly way possible.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Why don't put an advice like "someone else is already using this account" like any other fu**ing service on the planet?
But no, not only you have to use a cancer fb account, but you get insta-banned for many unknown reasons... trash service.
Yeah, they can just put a warning or something, but nope, gotta treat your customers like a criminal.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Lmao. Fucking ridiculous. Because they don't want people game sharing I guess. Absolutely draconian.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah wait what why? Is there something neferious you could do with two headsets they are trying to prevent? This makes no sense.

None that I can think of. All of the reasons for using multiple devices on a single account are for positive consumer/dev reasons. They really shit the bed with this transition. If this was going to be their policy, they needed to figure out how to make certain things work properly and it's clear they didn't. Every single problem has been foreseeable, yet there was no preparation for any of these things.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Deleted my Facebook account months ago, zero regrets. Fuck them, I'll never buy an Oculus device.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Right. That would be remotely smart and less draconian than this bullshit.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Yeah, I'll just hope PSVR2 turns out great and has wireless capability I won't have to give a shit about Oculus products anymore. This Facebook account shit is way to volatile to be a requirement just to use the device.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Facebook is doing a good job on killing the Oculus brand.
At the start of 2020 Oculus was the go-to value VR brand, now you're better off waiting for a G2 or a new Valve headset.
I've never seen a brand rise and fall so quickly, it's downright insane.
Wait is Oculus actually doing poorly now? Cause I had heard that the new headsets would require FB accounts so I wrote off Oculus for if I ever jumped into PCVR but I assumed that people wouldn't care much and it wouldn't damage them because their Quest 2 was apparently really good.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
At the start of 2020 Oculus was the go-to value VR brand, now you're better off waiting for a G2 or a new Valve headset.
I've never seen a brand rise and fall so quickly, it's downright insane.

Yep, as a very big PSVR use, the Quest was the future PSVR killer, this was the future of more mainstream VR gaming. After the amount they put in publicity for Quest 2, i can see it failed faster then i was expecting.

You know what i find more sad.... they have beat saber studio.... they have to get out.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'll just hope PSVR2 turns out great and has wireless capability I won't have to give a shit about Oculus products anymore. This Facebook account shit is way to volatile to be a requirement just to use the device.

Oculus got my newly created Facebook account unbanned and they sent me a 20 dollar store credit for my inconvenience, but first wireless alternative I get, I'm done with them.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
I've only ever had a Gear VR which I got free for buying a phone and had like 6 free games on it.

But I'm never doing an account migration, so that thing can keep collecting dust.

Love my PSVR and have high hopes for PSVR2, but otherwise I'd probably buy an Index at some point.

Oct 26, 2017
Wait is Oculus actually doing poorly now? Cause I had heard that the new headsets would require FB accounts so I wrote off Oculus for if I ever jumped into PCVR but I assumed that people wouldn't care much and it wouldn't damage them because their Quest 2 was apparently really good.

Quest and Quest 2 are ridiculously good for the price, but Facebook are apparently trying their best to destroy any goodwill.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Hate to say it - but if you buy into a facebook eco-system you are buying into getting screwed sooner or later. In this instance its sooner.