Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Hold up, the video cut off just as what sounded like some banging Drum n Bass was about to kick in.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
yeeeah, i dont remember the writing being this bad in enslaved or hellblade. never played heavenly sword though

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
what in the world is this game.
The result of people looking at depictions of internalized homophobia and deciding they're cool, I guess.

But yeah, the trailers and such were kind of like this too. I hadn't played a Devil May Cry game at the time, so it was super weird from the sidelines to see the gaming press trying to insist that the only reason people didn't like this game was that Dante didn't have white hair when I could see how abrasive the stuff coming out of the game was for myself.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I confess that when this game landed over 10 years ago, the kinda aggressively unhinged tone of this game resonated with me. I used to think this scene was cool.

I'm genuinely sorry and have gotten better.

That's all I've got to say about that I guess.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Trying to be crass, edge-lordy, abrasive teenager dialogue.

It succeeded. One can also succeed by hammering that start button rapidly.

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
added-the-infamous-fuck-you-door-from-fallout-3-into-the-v0-1v1dwg6shmqa1.jpg

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I had never played a dmc game so I gave the demo a shot when it came out. This scene unsold me on the series forever lol I know its not mainline but its still in the back of my mind when I see dmcv or any other dmc game lol

If anything, its a memorable scene

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I never really thought this specific examples was poor writing honestly. I always found the idea of getting into an immature argument with a demon that devolves into "fuck you" being traded back and forth humourous. The worst thing about it is the edge I guess.

There are much worse examples of poor writing in that game (including "I'm your prom date you ugly sack of shit" in that very scene) I don't really know why this example is the one people latched onto.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I unironically thought (and still think) this scene was really funny and fit perfectly with the way they depicted Dante in this game.

Apr 2, 2021
I wrote the exact same exchange in an action movie script when I was 20 so I do kinda get where they're coming from.

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
DmC could've been more charming if it wasn't so damn smarmy. Like when your writing is that dogshit you either have to lean into it or be completely stonefaced. DmC is so sure it's just the coolest edgiest sexiest game for cool guys there ever was and it just isn't babes it just isn't

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Obviously, DmC was better than CAPCOM's 2 & surprisingly, I enjoyed it's bat-shit story too.

Ninja Theory gave their best, I guess.

SnakeEater

Oct 31, 2017
Thought dialogues in this game were insanely dumb at launch when I was 17, think they still insanely dumb today. Also that scene with snipe abortion…

But gameplay was aight, I guess. Still think Enslaved is their best game.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
The "I've got a bigger dick" line is still worse lol

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
I will never forget the sniper to the pregnant belly. What were they cooking with this game?