• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If I were to remake my post as a better post it would go something like this:

I want to believe this will lead to some kind of serious consequences but I've seen similar clamor around every other break in the case so far and my (admittedly limited) perception is that none of them have amounted to a whole lot yet. I'd absolutely love to be wrong, it's just really hard to see through the haze of pessimism and despair that hangs over everything these days. I'm open to someone helping me understand why this is the big one in a way previous developments weren't.

Is that more substantive?

Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself at this point.

FantasyFreak07

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Trump is in "that Ace Attorney witness whose been caught in his fifth consecutive lie and is rambling incoherently while the sweating-profusely animation is playing" mode
latest

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm confused. In what way did the Stormy Daniels thing pave the way for this?

I don't think anyone can confirm this, feels more like conjecture. Someone on one of these news panels pointed out they would have needed more than that to get a search warrant. And then 5 min later WaPo said it was wire fraud, bank fraud and campaign fraud so looks like indeed more. Stormy stuff was probably just thrown on the pile.

Real question is how much they can squeeze Cohen and make him squeal to get more.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017

I want to believe this will lead to some kind of serious consequences but I've seen similar clamor around every other break in the case so far and my (admittedly limited) perception is that none of them have amounted to a whole lot yet. I'd absolutely love to be wrong, it's just really hard to see through the haze of pessimism and despair that hangs over everything these days. I'm open to someone helping me understand why this is the big one in a way previous developments weren't.

Something this big takes potentially years to be completed, especially to this magnitude. It's not even been a year yet.

NYR

Oct 27, 2017
It's not a meme, there's been tons of instances where Fox News has either completely ignored news happening in regards to Trump or downplayed it in some way. Don't be disingenuous

I just turned it on they are talking about China tariffs and Syria *shrugs*.
I took this pic at 6:10 PM est, 10 minutes after the puppy tweet/pic. They were talking about it for a few minutes before. I wasn't going to post it since I didn't really care to defend Fox News that much but do think it's important not to feed the red vs blue shit too much, which I thought the meme was doing. Just my thoughts, no biggie.

tnWOO3P_d.jpg

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I'm waiting on Fox News to call in their body language expert, I'm sure they have her being raced into the studio right this moment.

"He's hugging himself in a symbolic gesture that signifies him hugging America. But only the real America. You know who you are. Would Hillary hug America? Only to get close enough to kill your unborn babies!"

Skinny Pete

Nov 2, 2017
He will clean house so he can fire Mueller then I expect him to bomb Syria to distract everyone from that. Beginning of the end for this prick.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
WAPO OPPO DROPPO

I've been waiting so long for you.

Friendly reminder that Chris Steele alleged that Cohen acted as courier for payments between foreign sources and campaign members. Cohen is currently suing Buzzfeed and Fusion GPS for libel, the latter for $100 million in damages.

Methinks these lawsuits and the Daniels case will greatly depend on what the NY AG finds.

Deleted member 13628

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This isn't about you drama queen. Give it a rest before derailing further.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to be sincere but alright I'll hang up my keyboard and head home from the Russian troll farm I apparently work at.

Funny how no one but you brought up Russian Trolling...

What's with the hostility

Dude is entitled to his opinion, even if I don't agree with it, and he was responding civilly. This seems unwarranted.

You must be new to this.

The "nothing is going to happen!" people are never sincere. Its just more "just asking questions!" trolling.

The ones who actually believe nothing is gonna happen don't even post in these threads. They know better than to derail.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
usually I agree this is nothing but oh boy, THIS is something lol

And as typical trump wraps his troubles in the flag and calls it an assault

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
He's his own personal straight-jacket.

We're likely to expect imminent meltdowns and media retaliations from this evening onward, all throughout the remainder of the week. There's no way this doesn't occupy the forefront of his mind, and running the country is a distant second.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trump: America should've obstructed better because America's efforts to obstruct were undone by someone failing to obstruct on America's behalf.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
So this is about them using campaign funds to pay off Stormy then. This is what happens when you combine being incredibly cheap with being incredibly dumb.

And here Trump states yet again in the clearest terms possible that he believes it to be the job of the Attorney General to run interference into investigation of his crimes and act like the president's personal lawyer. Still patiently waiting for our "concerned" Republicans in congress to weigh in on this.

Just like the fucker who just got raided does for him!

It is just...so...amazing watching the wheels turn in his head in his wonderfully broken way. Smart businessman == crook. Lawyer == fixer. Respect == weakness. Apology == serviciveness. etc

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I took this pic at 6:10 PM est, 10 minutes after the puppy tweet/pic. I wasn't going to include it in my post since I didn't really care to defend Fox News that much. They were talking about it for a few minutes before

tnWOO3P_d.jpg

And I turned it to the channel 3 min after your post and they were talking about China tariffs and then moved onto Syria. The point is they are very clearly avoiding covering this big breaking news like everyone else.

P.S. who the hell takes pics of Fox News when making a post if you aren't trying to defend them?

Tapeworm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Has Been Warned: Trolling, low effort.
Trump is done for he will not be president by tomorrow we did it there is hope the future is brighter

Oct 25, 2017

Yes.

Here is the thing man all of this type of shit takes time. Look at Watergate, whitewater, or really any multi layered investigation. Serious the man has been in office for less than 18 months. Tins of progress has been made. You have to understand that IF you go directly after the President, you get one shot.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Can the people saying this isn't a big deal please think for a second?

The FBI raided the President of the United States personal lawyer at multiple locations.

That means multiple search warrants signed off by a US attorney and a federal fucking judge. The bar is so high for this the probable cause would have to be airtight.

This is a big fucking deal. It's literally history being written tonight.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Can the people saying this isn't a big deal please think for a second?

The FBI raided the President of the United States personal lawyer at multiple locations.

That means multiple search warrants signed off by a US attorney and a federal fucking judge. The bar is so high for this the probable cause would have to be airtight.

This is a big fucking deal. It's literally history being written tonight.

SAYS WHO!?!

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
What was the implication of bringing up my post count, if not that? That I'm some other type of subversive guy with an agenda?
People are just tired of drive-by defeatist posts or fake ones made just to troll. There's already been a run of them in this thread. So everyone jumped on you or assumed you were being disingenuous.

Deleted member 5359

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I took this pic at 6:10 PM est, 10 minutes after the puppy tweet/pic. They were talking about it for a few minutes before. I wasn't going to post it since I didn't really care to defend Fox News that much but do think it's important not to feed the red vs blue shit too much, which I thought the meme was doing. Just my thoughts, no biggie.

tnWOO3P_d.jpg

why do you sit around taking pre-emptive photos your TV all day?! What kind of life do you lead?!

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017

These type of raids are exceptionally rare and require coordination and approval from the highest levels of the DOJ. The charges associated with the warrant are serious, and Cohen could be looking at 30 years for the bank fraud alone.

In addition, all of the seized communications between Cohen and his clients are now under legal scrutiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.