Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
IMG-4536.gif

Horrifying
Out of context, this looks like an ordinary scene from doom patrol.

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
I guess the content creators enjoyed their free trip to Tokyo to be embarrassed.

Hopefully we don't see this game in the Direct tomorrow

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Most of that looked so forced and the "fun" so fake that it's not even funny.

Also, why does this game even exist?

Otherist

Oct 27, 2017
England
I have no opinion on the game but this ad is embarrassing. It's like they went out of their way to come off as strained and out-of-touch. "Let's partyyyyyyyyyyy!"

Freddie13

Nov 2, 2017
Instant class and guaranteed million seller!! And I want DF to do a in-depth analysis on its technology….🤣🤣

Eulala

Aug 8, 2018
Horse Head and influencers didn't sell me, but the amount of players supported and more importantly, smartphone connectivity might have sold me. Jackbox Party-types of games are always easy sells for larger gatherings.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
I don't get why off all games they could make a sequel of they wasted time and effort into this

Like did they somehow not think that the reason the original sold as it did was because it was a launch title?

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Rofl I always used to hear the old Ciara song "1-2 Step" in my head as "1-2 Switch," and would even hear "Everybody 1-2 Switch" as went the next part of the lyrics, and here we are…

Great Martinez Jr.

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 2, 2021
Mexico
Honestly... It doesn't look as terrible as I expected? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The ad is very cringe worthy, of course, and the main hook it's impractical outside of very specific venues like convention centers. But the game itself looks like an inoffensive mini-game collection, and at least some of those mini-game look like they could be fun with friends.

I'm not particularly interested in getting it, but I honestly expected something far worse given the reports that surfaced about it.

Also, I don't think they showing this video outside of the Direct is a "vote of no-confidence" (so to speak) on Nintendo's part. After all, their most experimental games and products during the Switch era (like Labo and Ring Fit Adventure) weren't initially showcased in Directs but rather in their own dedicated videos like this one. Their marketing teams must have concluded that most of the audience that tunes in for a Direct tend to not be interested in this kind of experimental games.

That being said, I definitely think Nintendo has little confidence on this game, but that's mostly reflected on its price point and that they didn't show this video when they initially announced the game.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo is really trying to find an angle to sell this game. A Ring Fit sized success, this will not be. For the sake of the million+ people who end up buying this game, I hope Nintendo managed to improve it immensely after that article about it testing extremely poorly came out.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like at least parts of Nintendoland live on with the throwing stars. At least it's evidence parts of Nintendoland could be ported….I guess.

Honestly looks like it'd be fun with a bunch of kids. My kid saw me watching the video, started laughing and asked if we could play it.

I told him no.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Nintendo released Other M and Sticker Star. I think they'll survive this lol.
Oh absolutely. I think any fear Nintendo had over this was overblown, people will laugh at it for a couple days and go back to putting another hundred hours into TOTK. It's just super unusual for Nintendo to be outright embarrassed by how badly a game did in focus tests.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Excited to spend $30 on a game that can be properly played once in your entire life, at your wedding.

This isn't relaxing Wii bowling for 100 people, it's run sweat & jump. Everyone over 40 will be out in round 1 of "sit down". Everyone over 70 won't be able to get back up.

It's a game they force you to play as a bonding exercise at an HR retreat.

It would still be a hit at family events and older folks could sit out on the more intense stuff. And tbh bowling would take too long if the group is too big. Up to 100 is the real selling point here

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
In the end it says that everyone needs a Nintendo account to join with the phone. This kills the only interesting aspect of the game imo.

The fact that they released a trailer less than 24 hours before the Direct is amazing.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
This isn't much news, but Nintendo privated the video, I wonder when they did it lol.

This series is dead, isn't it?