MegaApple

Jun 20, 2020
India
Here's Ghost of Tsushima with all the lighting removed:
XjaPoH9.jpeg

Toggle my shaders if old.
I'm WHEEZING! GoT turned out into Dragon Quest.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I was just trying to get this to work in DA: Origins the other day. I wanted to block the ssao & mb shader from affecting the UI and I couldn't locate the right option for it when using DXVK. Worked fine under DX9, but DAO is unplayable with Reshade enabled.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
I prefer to play games how developers made them. That example of removing rim lighting from Aloy is a good example of this - developers clearly wanted it there.

So, no thanks.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
This is super cool, thanks for sharing. My only experience with reshade is in elden ring to add dlaa lol

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I think there's already a mod for it, but could this also be used to remove/reduce the very bright flashing effects on weapon strikes in FF7 Remake? A friend has been wanting to play it but she has photosensitivity issues and there's just no in-game toggle for those effects at all from what she could see.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure you can do this with SpecialK as well in its shader section. Can also use it to draw reshade after a particular shader to skip hud elements and stuff like that.

wiki.special-k.info

Render Toolkit

I Have The Power~
Yes, I've used Special K to do that in the past, like removing the awful filter they put on the Final Fantasy XII remaster.
FFXII:TZA - Default Filter

FFXII: TZA - Filter Removed

(not the best example of it)

But having more options is always a good thing.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Brb applying the no lighting to all non PSX style horror games in my Steam library :P

But fr this is a cool tool, will check it out later thanks for sharing OP.

Nov 9, 2017
RĂ©union
Thanks for this thread, now I'm finally able to remove those permanent shards effects and the bloom in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. I'm curious to see what else I'll do.

chrishimself

Jan 6, 2020
FYI It's also knowingly used by cheaters as it allows removing stuff like fog, foliage or weather effects. That's why the Hunt: Showdown community fucking hates it. I guess it's no different in other games.

Sir Lucan

Dec 19, 2023
I just tried removing the water droplets effect on the screen in Alan Wake 2 and it works. Those can blur a big chunk of the screen.

https://imgsli.com/MjcyNTMw
Damn. I wish stuff like this could be disabled in every game. Sometimes an image can be so busy it becomes almost an accessibility problem, where it's hard to see what's going on (I'm starting to have this problem in some AAA games).

pksu

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Not really. ReShade is whitelisted for Easy-Anti-Cheat (which is one of the most used anti-cheat softwares out there). Just saying.
EAC absolutely detects ReShade as it does not even try to hide the hooking. Developers can allow it based on whitelist if they want. IMHO ReShade or any other 3rd party app touching render targets should not be allowed in competitive multiplayer games.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Ahhhhh I used this ages ago for some experiments and then lost/forgot what it was .
Thankyou!

Jroc

Jun 9, 2018
So this actually stops the GPU from rendering the effect as opposed to just hiding it?

Could be a massive boost for the low-spec gaming scene. Most modern games don't let you decimate the graphics quality anymore.

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting.
Wonder if this can turn off individual effects in games where you can only turn off post-process effects all together from the options menu/config file?
Wolfenstein The New Order comes to mind where to turn off CA you have to disable ALL post process effects.
And just turning off the color grading in either piss filtered or blue 7th gen games? Yes please, in my veins!
Must try this out myself.

Last edited:

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like I hate every example of the use of this tool. Lol. If you carry a disdain for art direction then it seems like this is a great tool.

FYI It's also knowingly used by cheaters as it allows removing stuff like fog, foliage or weather effects. That's why the Hunt: Showdown community fucking hates it. I guess it's no different in other games.
So, a game that's literally made worse by this existing?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
If you carry a disdain for art direction then it seems like this is a great tool.

We the gamers have the rights to consume in the way that best suits .
It's why I deactivate the faces whenever I visit an art gallery, those features get in the way of my enjoyment of the walls
dcjhrk-a98ab2a1-fbaf-4904-bc77-6052eb2cd763.jpg

glaurung

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
This looks like a cool tool that I'd use myself. But I'm always somewhat paranoid about applying these things to online games because I never know what bullshit their detection engines flag as undesirable and which not.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
This looks like a cool tool that I'd use myself. But I'm always somewhat paranoid about applying these things to online games because I never know what bullshit their detection engines flag as undesirable and which not.
It should be a given that you don't try to mod competitive multiplayer games.
Especially not with tools that disable shaders.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Not for me but it's cool that it exists. Maybe its me coming from console gaming recently but I don't like to fuss too much with my PC games. Maybe that will change some time in the future though. Options are always good.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds a lot like what 3D Migoto and Special K shader injections did for DX9 - DX11 games in terms of shader hacking and HUD customizations.

But if this works for modern DX12 games as well, that's great news to hear, I'll be looking into this.

glaurung

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
It should be a given that you don't try to mod competitive multiplayer games.
Especially not with tools that disable shaders.
Absolutely correct and this should be shouted more loudlier at the average PC kid.

But it gets even more awkward with single-player games that are permanently online and still scan your code injection or manipulation and then somehow block you from playing the game. And in this day and age, I don't know where that line is.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
that GoT shot is incredible
kinda want to see more games like this🤣

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I hate every example of the use of this tool. Lol. If you carry a disdain for art direction then it seems like this is a great tool.
So because I get an headache from chromatic aberration, it would be some sort of disdain for art direction if I forced that to be off?

If anything, the art director should take accessibility into consideration. It's they who made a mistake. And I am correcting it.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
If you carry a disdain for art direction then it seems like this is a great tool.

My respect for art direction and creator's intent ends at post processing. I've disabled chromatic aberration, vignette, lens distortion, etc countless times and without a single exception the result is a better looking video game. So yeah I'm glad this tool exists.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
I will remove every bloody screen border effect and desaturated grey damage filter from every game that let's me. Probably my biggest issue with modern games.

"Look at these amazing graphics! Now let's cover them up with blood smears and remove all the color!"

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
This seems fantastic for removing the dreaded chromatic aberration and plus alter any HUD / stealth effects you don't like. I'll have to grab it, thanks OP. Usually I stay far away from Reshade as I usually find it makes the picture look worse but this seems far more useful.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok that's pretty dope. I haven't pc gamed for a while and didn't know there was a tool to handle all this now

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I wonder how it could make Hellblade 2 look. They went for a very specific visual style, but there's segments of the game that would be absolutely amazing without all the post-processing. Cool program