Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right now I really want to play FIre Emblem but I'm about to do a big story mission and I know I'm at the point where I won't remember it real great so I'm forcing myself to wait until tomorrow. Man, I wish was at a Paralogue.

Anyway, multiplayer games are fantastic about this because you have fun in the moment but aren't required to remember shit. I've actually stopped playing games I was really into because of this! You get a bit too tipsy and then you can't remember what the hell happened in the game the next time you're thinking of picking it up and so all your will to play it is sapped. Really shitty. Learned that lesson!

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Usually I don't care too much about stories in games to worry about remembering them, so my cutoff is if I can't make forward progress because of being drunk.
It's not usual for me to drink and play though.

Walnut

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Austin, TX
That's when I start to play multiplayer

Some of my best matches in fighting games I've been totally blitzed

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
i dunno if i've been annoyed but i have definitely put things that i want clarity for on the back burner when i'm having a night

if you like multiplayer it's a great time to switch to wilding out online

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly it's nice to be able to play games when drunk especially if you cannot remember them later because then you get to enjoy it for the first time twice.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Mindless grinding is the best when you're wasted. You almost reach a zen like state.

Oct 25, 2017
Judging from your more than accurate and coherent writing, your apparent ability to play videogames and also making rational decisions i would say you are not drunk enough to get blackouts ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
There is a fine balance, i enjoy a good story more with a smooth buzz going. But when im entering drunk territory i switch to casual Counter Strike matches or something like that.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
eh, depends on the raid and all sorts of other things

i wager sometimes a boring dps rotation is improved by not giving a shit

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cant play drunk. Not genuinely drunk anyway. Just makes me spin out pretty quick.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
It's hilarious because I play games perfectly fine while drunk, but I never remember what I did. It fucked me up big time in Persona 5.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
No, I don't think so. If I were ever too drunk to play a video game and it like... bothered me, then I'd probably be working on my way to getting more drunk so I wouldn't even remember what happened afterwards.

That said, I don't drink anymore. I've been sober for like... 2.5 years? 3 years? I can't remember, but it's been a long damn time.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, it happens to me a lot but I'm usually like "fuck it, I'll play something else". I keep a few racing and fighting games in rotation for when I just want to melt into the couch while playing something.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Not usually in situations where I'm both drinking, and going to do something by myself. That includes the vidja games.

mnemonicj

Oct 27, 2017
Honduras
Yes, but I normally play multiplayer games and if I'm too drunk it can get too annoying.
I like to play some guilty gear matches, and I've noticed that when I'm around my 4th drink, my mind is so relaxed that I surprise myself with good my reactions are, and I kick ass.
A little after my ~6th drink, I'm already too drunk and can't function in game anymore.

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
Ever annoyed when you have to stop yourself from playing a single player game because your pants are sopping wet from urine?

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Truth. 6 beer buzz makes you better at fighters, this is objective fact. Downhill from there though. :-(
That actually does sound kinda fun, lol. Might help me deal with all the anxiety with playing a fight game online.
2Fru8vQ.jpg

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Nope most video games stories especially Japanese games have outstandingly bad writing imo ,so being drunk adds spice to it. I don't mind if I don't remember it next morning.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I feel ya OP. This happened with me in Witcher 3 alot. When I come back to it I have no idea what I was doing last.

Like other people have said if I want to play a game I'd grind in a RPG or do multiplayer. I've been doing some midnight Splatoon with a moscow mule and it's a blast. But mostly I just turn it off and watch some TV.

Truth. 6 beer buzz makes you better at fighters, this is objective fact. Downhill from there though. :-(

Dear lord yes. At peak I'm like a freakin Super Sayian and can't be stopped. But as fast as it comes it goes away and I become absolute shite.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
That actually does sound kinda fun, lol. Might help me deal with all the anxiety with playing a fight game online.
2Fru8vQ.jpg

Oh it's so much better. You're too chill to go on tilt, no matter how much online only bullshit the other guy does. Somehow it makes my reads and combo execution better, too, which makes no sense, but I roll with it!

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I don't drink to get drunk anymore, just buzzed so this isn't an issue. For that matter even in the days when I got completely smashed I never had memory issues so hearing about people not remembering shit has always seemed odd to me wrt drinking (I mean it makes sense with blackouts). So yeah, I remember a lot of stupid shit that I did lol.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Yes, I only play games that I've already beaten and am just having fun. Playing renegade Shepard for example is nice.

Have lost quite a lot of souls because of drunken carelessness though.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I'm usually doing other stuff when drunk, I don't think I've ever played anything under the influence.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Huh I've never done that one before. I guess even while drunk I just know what games not to play. I usually gravitate towards platformers like Mario and Yoshi where you don't miss much not giving the game your undivided attention.

Trying to figure out Captain Toad while drunk was some of the most fun I've had playing a game.

The whole drunk typing thing is a dumb movie trope. Trust me, I'm blitzed.
Not for me. I usually dont give a darn about typos while drunk so I let it ride.