lt519

Oct 25, 2017
2T4J4qr.jpg

What is Epic Seven?
Official Site

Epic Seven is a free-to-play mobile gacha developed by Super Creative and published by Smilegate Megaport. Epic Seven features beautiful 2D animations and turn-based RPG combat with loot and hero collection as it's main hook. Regularly updated with new content every week Epic Seven is a constantly evolving game. Level, gear, and enhance your heroes for the PvE story mode, raids, challenges, guild activities or take them into Player vs Player (PvP) Guild Wars, Arena, or Real-Time Arena.

What is a Gacha?
ERA Gacha OT

The short and sweet of it is that a Gacha game revolves around the release of new collectibles (heros, items, etc) and a currency used to pull for them (a random chance at getting them). The games are free to play but have a "premium" currency that can be accumulated slowly over time by playing or directly purchased. In Epic Seven with good resource management a player can get almost all new standard heroes as they are released (due to a pity system) and can get the rarer Moonlight heroes every few months without spending any money. Epic Seven is generally very friendly with freebie resources and items compared to other Gacha.

New player?

Epic Seven has been recently updated to enhance the new player experience. Follow the in-game guides and Adventurer's Path mode for an introduction to the main mechanics and modes. See the guides and resources below to do a little research if you want, but a new player can go in mostly blind. Here are a few tips to make sure you aren't wasting resources and are headed in the right direction:
  • Conserve Molagora: molagora is one resource that is heavily time-gated and scarce, consider saving your molagoras until the end-game or until you absolutely need to use them to progress. These are used to enhance a characters skills but are mostly only required when min-maxing for end game content.
  • Web Events: Available in-game in the top right banner as a daily reward for completing certain activities. These are a major source of stamina and resources. This is NOT the reputation rewards.
  • Join a Guild: as soon as you can (when you reach Level 10). Guilds provide Gold and EXP buffs along with the ability to trade catalysts, earn Mystc Medals, and participate in World Boss to generate more resources to enhance your heroes. Even if Era guilds don't have room at the moment at least join a random guild.
  • Make Era Friends: If you are struggling in content you can friend a high level Era member to let their hero carry you, although less fun, this could get you past some difficulty spikes. The friend suggestions often mirror your level so the odds of having a random friend be overpowered is low.
  • Focus on the story: start by clearing the story, abyss, and labyrinth content before grinding low level hunts. There is a lot of free gear given out in these modes and they will be mostly better than the gear you get in low-level hunts. You can then gear some heroes to skip right over the low-level hunts and get into the highest gear tier dropped in Hunt 11's.
  • Connection Heroes and Specialty Changes: Get started on these early, they can take a while but provide very valuable heroes for all sorts of contents. Falconer Kluri, Commander Lorina, and Angelic Montmorancy are common Specialty Change units that are frequently used through end-game and Lorina and Montmorancy can be obtained through connection quests.
  • Tier lists: beware they are often out of date, ask the thread for hero advice or take what you read on the internet with a grain of salt.
  • Spending: besides the two monthly packs that give daily resources, most packs for sale are massive rip-offs
  • Secret Shop: Re-rolling the Secret Shop can be a more efficient use of Skystones to generate Mystic Medals and Covenant Bookmarks than using the straight conversion from Skystone in the shop. This costs more gold but in the end will net you more heroes.
  • Grinding: being a Korean based mobile Gacha the post-game content of Epic Seven is grind heavy. Players are expected to repeat levels for loot and resources to improve their heroes. This does not change the fact that the story content and first playthrough are a fantastic experience that require little to no grinding. It's entirely possible to enjoy 100+ hours of the game before reaching a heavy grind point. To participate in high-level PvP or the more challenging Raids/Abyss floors some more significant time (or monetary) investment is expected. There is a slight power creep in Epic Seven, and while slow, it does afford more casual players to clear older content (i.e. the once very difficult Abyss 80-90 is now a cake-walk). A lot of this has been alleviated by auto-battle but depending on your situation auto-battling can still take up a significant amount of screen time on a phone.
Should I Re-Roll?
Selective Summon Re-Roll Guide

One common question for new players is, "Should I Re-Roll?", which has a lot of out-dated advice lingering in wiki's across the internet. Re-rolling in Gacha's is a common mechanic where a player will uninstall or delete their game data and repeat the initial portions of a game until they acquire the exact heroes at the top of a tier list. In Epic Seven after completing the main story level 1-4 players are given an opportunity to roll for 10 heroes and artifacts at a time while having 30 opportunities to re-roll if they do no like their 10 heroes and artifacts. In the past it was advisable to continue resetting game data and starting over until one got a top-tier farmer (Vildred) and a healer (Angelica, Destina) within the same roll of 10 heroes but the developers have since introduced free connection heroes that can fill these roles shortly into the game. The best advice is to go with heroes you like but get at least one 5* hero as by the time you reach difficult content your roster will be more rounded out. As heroes are constantly buffed and new heroes introduced this OT won't get into the do's and dont's of unit/roster building. If you really do want to re-roll you can't go wrong with the tried and true Vildred/Angelica combination or look at some Selective Summon re-roll guides (warning may be out of date).

Returning player?
If you quit because of X reason it has likely been improved. Smilegate has increased the available stamina to players, reduced gold costs across the board, reduced mola costs, introduced auto-battling, mass promotions, a pity summoning system, increased inventory, gear comparison tools, hero filters, gear conversion, regularly gives out top tier gear sets, and added a pet system to help reduce grinding. New Abyss floors have been added, Hell Raid is complete, and expeditions added. Upcoming changes include a duplicate trade in system for both RGB and ML heroes, a limited artifact pity system, a new hunt, and new gear. The current main gripes are unequip costs (alleviated by monthly events), RNG, mola scarcity, and a few OP heroes.

Current player?
15%

General Wiki's & Hero & Artifact Databases with Tier Lists
Epic7x
(personal favorite)
Epic Seven dB
Gamepress
Game8

News & Updates

STOVE
Twitch Developer Streams (Bi-weekly Wednesdays 1000 UTC with survey links for rewards!)

Resources (updated 9/19/2020):
Beginner Hunt 11-13 Guides
Azimanuk 13 One Shot Guide
Wyvern 13 3-Man Guide
Banshee 13 One Shot Guide
General Abyss Tips and Troublesome Floors through 90
Abyss 81-90 Guide (one of many)
Abyss 90-100 Guide (one of many)
PvP Arena Concepts (Cleave, Stall, etc)
Expeditions Guide
Normal Raid Guide
Hell Raid Guide
Hell Raid Map
Farming Guide
Lab Morale Calculator
Damage Calculator
Catalyst Farming Guide and AP Shop Guide

Era Guilds:
ResetEra (Grim) - Global Server
Overflow - Global Server
EpicReset - Global Server

Discord:
https://discord.gg/CTetAqC

Servers:
Global
Japan
Europe
Korea

Platforms:
Available on iOS and Android but also commonly emulated on BlueStacks. Video detailing best emulator and settings.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Just started playing this again and I'm really enjoying it.

The skill animations in this game are insane compared to other gacha games.

hypertails

Oct 25, 2017
Wow great job on the OP!

Edit: maybe add a link to the official e7 twitch channel with a note about the biweekly streams (10 utc/6am eastern/3 am pacific every other weds) and survey links?

OP
OP
lt519

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

Nice title!

I was going to post the top posters from OT1 into the OP but didn't want to embarrass either of us.

Wow great job on the OP!

Edit: maybe add a link to the official e7 twitch channel with a note about the biweekly streams (10 utc/6am eastern/3 am pacific every other weds) and survey links?

Done, we should try and post them in here when they go up so people don't have to troll Reddit.

Last edited:

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
Great OP! Only thing I'd change is that selective summon is now at stage 1-4.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Nice OT .

lt519 regarding emulators I use one but I'm using the same from long ago. I found one video more up to date from mogawty he goes through settings and might help in general people who want to try

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I use Bluestacks and it runs very well. I don't do much active playing, mostly my Hunt grinds so I don't have my phone out of commission, but it's totally serviceable.

Tuxedotank

Jan 9, 2018
Great OT! Thanks for putting it together.

Making a counter Ravi for GW defense, any suggestions in which to use?

Oct 25, 2017
WELP, I was trying to open this app and this stupid connection is just ruined my account (Actually, It had great condition but this game disconnected for no reasons) and it was now back with "Login Button & Guest" main menu which I was currently stuck in the beginning. SO! I'm not worried yet because I figured out that I can access it with Twitter since It was bonded with app already so I can back it up easily. And so I did, and attempted to restore it, but the thing is, I had short, stupid memory whatever if I have it or not, so I "cancel" it and return back to check in App and Session, and boom, there it is and it's still authorized which I'd feel relieved. So I went back to this game and began to restore it, asked me to authorize it again, so I clicked it...

...And then I got this

zwc55wM.png

Am I fucked because of this? And I probably fucked more when I have contents/characters/everything in that account was now gone or stuck in there forever. skdjlkdsdksjnf

Last edited:

hypertails

Oct 25, 2017
WELP, I was trying to open this app and this stupid connection is just ruined my account (Actually, It had great condition but this game disconnected for no reasons) and it was now back with "Login Button & Guest" main menu which I was currently stuck in the beginning. SO! I'm not worried yet because I figured out that I can access it with Twitter since It was bonded with app already so I can back it up easily. And so I did, and attempted to restore it, but the thing is, I had short, stupid memory whatever if I have it or not, so I "cancel" it and return back to check in App and Session, and boom, there it is and it's still authorized which I'd feel relieved. So I went back to this game and began to restore it, asked me to authorize it again, so I clicked it...

...And then I got this

zwc55wM.png

Am I fucked because of this? And I probably fucked more when I have contents/characters/everything in that account was now gone or stuck in there forever. skdjlkdsdksjnf
Contact support, they're usually very helpful with things like this. If you've spent any money, having records of those transactions on hand might help. As long as you didn't actually delete your account or reset the server in the in-game settings, you should be fine.

Oct 26, 2017
I use Bluestacks and it randomly goes from running smoothly to getting choppy for no discernable reason.

It seems to occur at random but the game technically functions.

Oct 25, 2017
Contact support, they're usually very helpful with things like this. If you've spent any money, having records of those transactions on hand might help. As long as you didn't actually delete your account or reset the server in the in-game settings, you should be fine.

Where do i find a receipt of transactions? Please tell me it's there in somewhere my purchase history or something cuz I have no idea where it is.

And for the record, I've already submitted an inquiry to Stove CS and hopefully I get to hearing from them as quick as possible!

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I found a list of my history transactions in my account and Epic 7 are represent there (It's a good thing, right? Right?!)

hypertails

Oct 25, 2017
Contact e7 support, and see what they ask you. Having a record of transactions is decent evidence that you're the account owner.

OP
OP
lt519

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Everything is stored on their server so you should be fine as long as you didn't manually delete your account. I'm not exactly sure what has happened here? Did you delete your Twitter account that was linked? If not you should just close the app entirely, maybe reboot the phone, and then try the log-in process again.

Oct 25, 2017
So are you stuck at the log-in screen because whenever you try and log in with Twitter you get the error missing page picture you posted above?

Yeah, it's as if it want me to authorize it again or something in that line. Then I just tried to reset it and the result was still same.

Ok, I'm writing down an inquiry with Stove and before I procced, I want to make SURE if it's really safe to send 'em my transaction list. But how do I know if it's safe to show without expose my personal information?

hypertails

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's as if it want me to authorize it again or something in that line. Then I just tried to reset it and the result was still same.

Ok, I'm writing down an inquiry with Stove and before I procced, I want to make SURE if it's really safe to send 'em my transaction list. But how do I know if it's safe to show without expose my personal information?
I wouldn't give any of your info until prompted, just explain the issues you're having with Twitter authorization.

hypertails

Oct 25, 2017
Great OT! Thanks for putting it together.

Making a counter Ravi for GW defense, any suggestions in which to use?
No experience with Ravi, but either the middle or the bottom one looks like the best to me? With her new buffs I think you want her turn cycling as much as possible, but she'll lack damage on the bottom build.

Tuxedotank

Jan 9, 2018
No experience with Ravi, but either the middle or the bottom one looks like the best to me? With her new buffs I think you want her turn cycling as much as possible, but she'll lack damage on the bottom build.

She will get an S2 stack when hit and when attacking and she self pushes, so I feel like there's a little more slack in her speed. But this is the first counter unit I've ever made so I have no idea if 110 speed is too slow, you know?

OP
OP
lt519

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
She will get an S2 stack when hit and when attacking and she self pushes, so I feel like there's a little more slack in her speed. But this is the first counter unit I've ever made so I have no idea if 110 speed is too slow, you know?

In general the problem with 110 speed is getting lapped by crowd control units. Most crowd control units are 230+ (and our GW rank 250+) speed so at that speed they can get two turns for every one of Ravi's and keep her constantly stunned, etc. People get around this with A.Ravi by either making her extremely high ER or putting her on Crimson Seed/Timeless Anchor to cleanse. Other counter units use Durandal or self pushes to cycle turns faster. Based on her kit (built in Durandal) she might be ok at that speed but could potentially get neutralized by debuffs for the majority of a fight. So you may want to pair her with a cleanser (or debuff deterrent like Lilias or Cerato) depending on the fight.

At 110 you absolutely want her on an immunity set if she isn't high ER (like 150+) and you'll be using her for defense. You have to plan her main counter will be SSB who will try and block her healing and defense break her and most SSBs are built with 65% effectiveness (so you need 165 to completely resist.

Last edited:

Tuxedotank

Jan 9, 2018
In general the problem with 110 speed is getting lapped by crowd control units. Most crowd control units are 230+ (and our GW rank 250+) speed so at that speed they can get two turns for every one of Ravi's and keep her constantly stunned, etc. People get around this with A.Ravi by either making her extremely high ER or putting her on Crimson Seed/Timeless Anchor to cleanse. Other counter units use Durandal or self pushes to cycle turns faster. Based on her kit (built in Durandal) she might be ok at that speed but could potentially get neutralized by debuffs for the majority of a fight. So you may want to pair her with a cleanser (or debuff deterrent like Lilias or Cerato) depending on the fight.

At 110 you absolutely want her on an immunity set if she isn't high ER (like 150+) and you'll be using her for defense. You have to plan her main counter will be SSB who will try and block her healing and defense break her and most SSBs are built with 65% effectiveness (so you need 165 to completely resist.
Good to know, thanks. I was planning on doing strak gauntlet but it's kind of wasted until I can get her base ER higher. I'm going to run her on crimson seed and her EE1 that can self cleanse until I get there.

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
Nice, new OT.

It'll be a year since I started playing at the end of October, still having fun with the game, but the gear struggle is becoming more real by the day.

Quick question, what's the verdict on ML Krau ? Haven't followed much since he was released, but the things I've seen is that he is good VS Aoe teams and that's pretty much it, I'm getting close to Ml pity and considering if I should wait for the next one or not.

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm near pity and I'm thinking of waiting for next new ml probs sigret. ML krau seems nice, but I feel fcc, blue krau, and fluri are such nice first picks, I might not need a knight that is best picked as last draft against aoe team. I might crack before ml krau leaves mystic tho

OP
OP
lt519

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I think ML Sigret will probably be an offensive unit so depends on what you need. On defense ML Krau has some considerable weaknesses, specifically Briseria/Basar, that you have to plan for with cleansers for him to be really effective. On offense he can follow a similar strategy as regular Krau and DCorvus of turtling up and using his S3 to wear down a team over time but that won't work against Ruele's like DCorvus and Krau can since his overall damage is lower but spread out for AoE. He's a great late pick in RTA to surprise a team that has gone heavy AoE with no buff strippers. Don't think he's a must have meta changing unit like Riolet was, but we also get those very few and far between.

hypertails

Oct 25, 2017
So sick of these 250+ speed Dizzy, Lilias, Vivian, SSB teams while I'm trying to climb masters.
There's no sustain or mitigation so a tank/cleanser/bruiser/roana team should handle it easily as long as it's tanky enough to not wipe to Vivian s2. Immunity would help a lot for the initial dizzy s3.

I'd probably use ssb myself and have a slap fight.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I've largely been running the tried and true ALots/JKise cleave with Schuri or Roozid for the SSS speed imprint and a rotating fourth member to counter any particularly nasty enemies. CDom, Roana, or ML Haste are my usual picks there.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably toss a bunch of spare bookmarks towards Landy because she seems strong, but I want to keep enough bookmarks around in case I want to pity someone later.

Screw pulling for her arti. Holiday Yufine cleaned me out in that regard and I didn't even get her arti.
I've largely been running the tried and true ALots/JKise cleave with Schuri or Roozid for the SSS speed imprint and a rotating fourth member to counter any particularly nasty enemies. CDom, Roana, or ML Haste are my usual picks there.
I find that cleaves start to fall off in effectiveness as you climb. It's partly because you start running into more teams that can outspeed your opener, and partly because you start running into teams that can survive your cleave and hit back. You may need to start avoiding teams that have units that look like they might outspeed you, like Dizzy, Flidica, Cerise, etc.

OP
OP
lt519

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
They try so damn hard to stop Tama/Cermia in Trials they actually stopped the extra turn mechanic so Tama can't transform and attack buff/cr push within same turn and Cermia can't S2 into S3 to trigger a stun phase.

Still was easy enough to line it all up so Cermia had greater attack going into stun and Tama was transformed. Charles could use his S3 to provide attack buff for himself so Tama could S1 every turn. Charles buff stripping Merc with Elbris it wasn't even a fight during normal phases. Charles also does insane damage himself in the stun phase (130k per S1). This was only my second try and faaaar from an optimal run as far as RNG dual attacks go in stun phase. Good enough for #14 right now but I'll get bumped by the end of the week.

Azx6Lrh.jpg

I should really fully mola Cermia's S1 and max out a Cruel Mischief since I enjoy trials so much.

Oct 25, 2017
WOOOT! I GOT MY ACCOUNT BACK!

I just found out by myself as why it wasn't always work with linked with Twitter's page? It was because it set in MOBILE only and not WEBSITE, so I switch to it and it worked! Thanks gods I got my everything back!

My real reaction is like this:

giphy.gif

Lol, the CS just emailed me back a few seconds after I figure it out. I guess I can replay them back to resolved it anyway. 😅

Last edited:
OP
OP
lt519

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, glad that worked out!

Hit #1 in Trials after blowing 8 mola to get Cermia's S1 to max and getting Cruel Mischief to +27. Damage jumped from like 300k per S1 to 390k. Could of had more S1 EE procs in the second phase but beggars can't be choosers. The run lined up perfectly with Tama in Idol and Cermia with greater attack buff AND Lilias moving first for the provoke in each stun phase. Not sure I can get any better other than hoping for more EE procs. I might try Charles on attack boots and Lilias on Super Duper artifact for extra damage. Slowing Charles down might have the adverse effect of giving Tama and Lilias more turns in the stun phase.

QUMlKJg.jpg

magus2k

Sep 12, 2020
Nice OT, i been a site lurker for the longest time so im glad to be finally here.

I haven't been that active in E7 since FGO lotto farm hell began, then somehow the game is still bribing me with ML5 with one dupe Ruele and ml Krau in this week, what is even crazier is that somehow i managed to get 17 ML5 (14 unique and 3 dupes) as F2P playing from launch .

Last edited: