FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm1QW-hQ57U&ab_channel=Nintendo%E5%85%AC%E5%BC%8F%E3%83%81%E3%83%A3%E3%83%B3%E3%83%8D%E3%83%AB

Announced last year, a new trailer was shown during the Nintendo Direct. A "dark fantasy mystery" collaboration between Spike Chunsoft and Tookyo Games. The Danganronpa vibes are all over this.

New info includes Spring 2023 release date for the Switch.

Official Website:

www.spike-chunsoft.co.jp

Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE

In this dark fantasy detective action game, Yuma, an amnesiac detective-in-training, and Shinigami, the spirit haunting him, tackle unsolved mysteries in a strange city caged by unending rain.

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if it's the same trailer, but this was announced with a trailer last year:
www.gematsu.com

Spike Chunsoft and Too Kyo Games announce dark fantasy mystery game Enigma Archives: RAIN CODE [Update]

Publisher Spike Chunsoft and developer Too Kyo Games have announced Enigma Archives: RAIN CODE, a dark fantasy mystery game from Danganronpa series creator Kazutaka Kodaka. Platforms and a release …
www.gematsu.com

Enigma Archives: RAIN CODE teaser trailer

Publisher Spike Chunsoft and developer Too Kyo Games have released the teaser trailer for Enigma Archives: RAIN CODE, the newly announced dark fantasy mystery game from Danganronpa series creator K…

EDIT: Yeah, it's the exact same trailer. You even linked it :P

EDIT 2: Nvm, they're showing a new trailer on stream now.

OP
OP
FluxWaveZ

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it's the same trailer, but this was announced with a trailer last year:
www.gematsu.com

Spike Chunsoft and Too Kyo Games announce dark fantasy mystery game Enigma Archives: RAIN CODE [Update]

Publisher Spike Chunsoft and developer Too Kyo Games have announced Enigma Archives: RAIN CODE, a dark fantasy mystery game from Danganronpa series creator Kazutaka Kodaka. Platforms and a release …
www.gematsu.com

Enigma Archives: RAIN CODE teaser trailer

Publisher Spike Chunsoft and developer Too Kyo Games have released the teaser trailer for Enigma Archives: RAIN CODE, the newly announced dark fantasy mystery game from Danganronpa series creator K…

EDIT: Yeah, it's the exact same trailer.
Oh wow, I totally missed this! Hold on, the upload of the newest trailer should be up soon.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda hate that floating ghost thing. Looks like Yokai Watch rejected design.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
This looks awesome. I like how Kodaka is now leaning into detective games like Uchikoshi lol. But this looks bigger budget than Somnium or at least the art direction is better. The realm you jump in to to try to solve the mystery does give me Somnium vibes.

The expert detectives or whatever are basically just the other Danganronpa characters, and the boss bottle at the end is a different take on the courtroom trials.

Looking forward to it.

TheBuddy

Banned
Sep 4, 2022
Let's hope this is a single story and not something with a huge amount of loose ends they "resolve" in an awful animation. Haven't touched DR3 because of that.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Kodaka's last few Danganronpa works make me cautious (especially UDG and the DR3 anime), but overall that trailer looked extremely interesting.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
This was my favorite thing shown during the direct. I'm a recent Danganronpa super fan so this looks amazing.

RedLangley

Oct 21, 2020
Game of the show for me, in for anything directed by Kodaka.

This basically looks like a spiritual succesor to Danganronpa so I'm pretty excited.

Also, don't know what kind of budget this has but Komatsuzaki's designs looks great like that.

Waxwing

Jan 25, 2018
In for day 1. Automatically in top 3 most anticipated games. I do prefer the closed cast setting of danganronpa, but Kodaka seems to have a pretty strong grasp of mystery and twist structure (even though I did not care for the end of DR3).

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
Considering I love the Danrangonpa games, I'm obviously gonna be keeping an eye on this one. It seems very interesting.

Tab

Nov 23, 2017
Looks cool. Detective game feels like an obvious shift after Danganronpa.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Looks great, hope the story and mystery/plot twists are going to be up to snuff.