Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen this video and it's like a Nathan Grayson stream of consciousness. Largely just poorly researched criticisms that suggest a poor understanding of Valve's development ethos.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
They should have watched that IGN video from yesterday before putting this out.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Why won't x dev give me what I want when I want it and how I want it!?!?!"

This is the kind of thing one would expect from a fanboy on social media, not from games media.

Also, the last part of the video kinda sounds like an ad for EGS.

Mar 23, 2018
Just finished it. It feels like if I just had a listen to Valve and Steam's Wikipedia page audiobook version.

I'm guessing they wanted to emphatise on the revenue thing and how, in their opinion, Alyx should've been non-VR and HL3 instead? The TF2 part was even more confusing

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
This video is insane

They didn't cancel Valley of the Gods

How on Earth is valve anti consumer because they aren't making L4D3 lmao

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Wanting to push the technological envelope with a unique game rather than marketing to the lowest common denominator is a "bad attitude"?

signal

Oct 28, 2017
"When Valve does actually release a game, it tends to be fantastic. Like, spawn a new genre of video games fantastic. I guess that's why players will wait 13 years to be excited about the wrong game coming to a limited platform."

Whew the like to dislike ratio on this video will be something.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I'm about to pick up my marbles and melt them and make a tiny glass goose out of what's left of my brain.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
ohyDvRW.png

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
That video is so bad. She's confusing gamer tm entitlement with anti-consumerism (a real life problem). Feels like a youtube conspiracy theory video lmao.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"When Valve does actually release a game, it tends to be fantastic. Like, spawn a new genre of video games fantastic. I guess that's why players will wait 13 years to be excited about the wrong game coming to a limited platform."

Whew the like to dislike ratio on this video will be something.
It already is, lmao. That's how obvious it is that this video is sour grapes with no substance

alexlf

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Ah yes, Valve fans just totally accept everything Valve does. Just look at Artifact! People sure loved that and it was definitely super successful.
And I'm so glad to know that not following "logical consumerism" is in fact anti-consumerism. They even "force" developers to release on their platform by nature of having the most people/feature wise the best platform for chirsts sake! Amazing truths right here. The truthiest truths.

Garbage take, filled with actual bare-faced lies

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the TF2 part is very weird, because the game has been really well supported if you consider it came out more than a decade ago and it's not an MMO.

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
Just watched it. Bad timing considering that recent IGN interview contradicts half this video. There is a new Half-Life only because something came along that could push the envelope as the franchise is known for.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
ya can't finish the video. Just typical anti PC/Steam/Valve BS for the first minute. WHERE HL3 OR L4D3 right after that.

Alyx is HL3 and I hope anybody who cared beyond the meme knows that.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
The main points are:
-Steam is DRM which I guess the point? but lol at considering a bad DRM)
-Valve doesnt make games we want: OK I guess
-Valve bought Campo Santo because they had ran out the writers behind HL and immediately cancelled A Valley of Gods. Pants on Fire lie.
-Valve doesnt support TF2 : good point but you dont mention the support of CSGO nor Dota2
-HLA is a VR game forcing people to buy VR to play it
-HLA is best played on Index. Well a VR game is best played on the best VR headset of the moment.DUH
-Steam revenue cut didnt change despite Epic!

Its a pretty bad take.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
This video makes no sense. How is not making a sequel to a game people liked anti-consumer?
It seems like it would be worse to put out a sequel that was rubbish

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Feel like I read an article from the same outlet that said the direct opposite, just a couple hours ago

RadioJoNES

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao anti consumer because they don't make the games I want them to make

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
Did Nathan Grayson write the script for this video? lol

Good to know games media can be just as embarrassing as your average gamer fanboy shitposter.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Anti consumer:

Proton, so Linux players can play Windows games without much problems.
Steam Remote Play together, so you can play couch coop games with friends, who do not own the game.
SteamLink, so you can stream the games to every Android device everywhere.
Family Sharing, so you can share games with your family and friends.
Controller configuration, so you can use whatever controller on Steam you want.

Anti-Consumer.

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
Holy shit the whole video is impressively shoddy, to the point of parody. Entirely ignores all the pro-consumer stuff Valve does (i.e. Steam Link and Family sharing) and decides that Valve not making L4D3 is somehow anti-consumer.

This is indefensibly stupid.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
The main points are:
-Steam is DRM which I guess the point? but lol at considering a bad DRM)
-Valve doesnt make games we want: OK I guess
-Valve bought Campo Santo because they had ran out the writers behind HL and immediately cancelled A Valley of Gods. Pants on Fire lie.
-Valve doesnt support TF2 : good point but you dont mention the support of CSGO nor Dota2
-HLA is a VR game forcing people to buy VR to play it
-HLA is best played on Index. Well a VR game is best played on the best VR headset of the moment.DUH
-Steam revenue cut didnt change despite Epic!

Its a pretty bad take.
There was a thread a while back that had all these points brought up in it. Feels like they took that and made it into video form.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
This is one of the worst takes on Valve I've seen, and I've seen some pretty terrible ones. She comes off as being super selfish. Valve is anti-consumer, because they're pro-employee.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
There was a thread a while back that had all these points brought up in it. Feels like they took that and made it into video form.
The other thing that made me huh was in the beginning when they say:
" Plus, it has a hardware division building experimental consoles and virtual reality headsets"

There are experimental console making at Valve?

Oct 27, 2017
Anti consumer:

Proton, so Linux players can play Windows games without much problems.
Steam Remote Play together, so you can play couch coop games with friends, who do not own the game.
SteamLink, so you can stream the games to every Android device everywhere.
Family Sharing, so you can share games with your family and friends.
Controller configuration, so you can use whatever controller on Steam you want.

Anti-Consumer.

Basically, this video is dumb AF.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like your typical Era poster whenever HL:A threads come up and people say it's not a "real game" etc

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, the TF2 part is very weird, because the game has been really well supported if you consider it came out more than a decade ago and it's not an MMO.

Like I consider myself a huge critic of how the TF2 team handled the game recently but it still is one of the most refined, content-filled, varied team shooters on the market on top of being totally free.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sick of the term anti consumer. Like if you don't like something that doesn't make it anti consumer.... I had to stop this video.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't get through the whole video myself. So much of this is just... bad takes

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
You could've shown how CS:GO enables children to gamble money.

But no, HL3 isn't real and Valve makes games exclusive to Steam.

That's why they are bad? Okay...

omf

Oct 30, 2017
"Valve routinely operates outside the boundaries of LOGICAL CONSUMERISM"
Pretty funny stuff.