zzz

Oct 27, 2017

WASHINGTON — Elizabeth Warren, the Massachusetts senator who has built an outsize profile as an economic populist and a progressive foil to President Trump, formally announced on Monday that she is exploring a run for the presidency in 2020.

In a video released online, Warren, 69, offered a broad rebuke of Republicans from Ronald Reagan to Trump, painting a picture of a nation controlled by a small class of billionaires and corporate interests who have bought and paid for lax regulation by their party in Washington. She cast herself as the champion who will change that.
"Our government's supposed to work for all of us, but instead, it has become a tool for the wealthy and well-connected," Warren said, weaving the story of her life in with her telling of America's economic discontent — complete with charts.

"We can make our economy work for all of us. We can rebuild America's middle class, but this time, we've got to build it for everyone," Warren said, explaining that she is launching an exploratory committee, which will allow her to raise money for a likely presidential campaign, but does not officially make her a candidate.

Full article: https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/po...xploratory-committee-major-step-possible-run/

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
DOA. Probably the worst candidate of the lot which public knows about. The DNA test is just an example.

Once the kinds of Beto, Harris, Biden enter the ring it's over

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. She's still probably my top choice but I'm open to being convinced otherwise during debates.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I hope she is in to push people to the left but I think there's a real chance she could actually win. I think she will have appeal in some of the "working class" states, especially if Joe Biden does not run.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
This the person who got baited into showing her 1% DNA results...

Cancelled

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She should probably win but man does she have no chance of winning.

But having her run will be good to push the overall primary to the left.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt she's going to resonate with the public at large but, as a boring white guy who hates banks, god do I love me some Warren.

I think she'll do better than people here seem to think... if she can manage to make inroads with the Rust Belt. I think she's a little too "academic" compared to Sanders and Biden even if her rhetoric should do well there.

Nox Potens

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like it is good that she is in the primary, as she will help drag it to the left more. However, I also think we will be absolutely screwed if she gets the nomination.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I don't especially like her brand of charisma, so I am biased against her in that regard. Something about her grates on me although I fully believe she has our best interests at heart. Her policies are typically great, too. But, man, I don't know. I don't like her. Haha.

I would vote for her in the GE without question, though.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't especially like her brand of charisma, so I am biased against her in that regard. Something about her grates on me although I fully believe she has our best interests at heart. Her policies are typically great, too. But, man, I don't know. I don't like her. Haha.

I would vote for her in the GE without question, though.
I don't even dislike her but the way she got played by Trump is a MASSIVE red flag.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Too much controversy and that's not what is needed, but people are free to spend money and see how far it goes

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trump already got in her head once. This would be Hilary all over again.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
I don't understand, why does that one mistake she made with the DNA test completely make her unviable or DOA?

Almost every other candidate has made a major mistake in the past, probably except Beto but I would have to research. Why does this one thing sink Warren but everyone else's mistakes are glossed over?

Infi

Oct 27, 2017
If she wanted to be President she should have run last time when she was the progressive of choice and it was a weak field. This time there are stronger candidates and a lot of the progressive support switched over to Bernie.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand, why does that one mistake she made with the DNA test completely make her unviable or DOA?

Almost every other candidate has made a major mistake in the past, probably except Beto but I would have to research. Why does this one thing sink Warren but everyone else's mistakes are glossed over?
It's one mistake dealing directly with Trump. The guy is an idiot, it looks very bad.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I like her a lot. I think she's a wonderful woman. I don't however think she can beat Trump. I won't completely write her off until after the debates but she at the bottom of my list slightly above Joe Biden.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
I like her but can't help but agree with the dim projections. They're gonna try to revive the "nevertheless she persisted" stuff I guess

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017

One mistake does kill you in elections. See Howard Dean Scream or Dukakis Tank helmet.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States

I didn't see any other potential candidate make a mistake like that against Trump. Honestly, all the other potentials have handled Trump really well so far, imo. I could be forgetting one somewhere, though.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
It's one mistake dealing directly with Trump. The guy is an idiot, it looks very bad.
Well it's not so much taking him on that was the worst mistake, though yeah it's stupid to do it because it's like Trump's whole shtick and hes good at insults so you don't let him bait you. But, it's another thing to lose to him so badly especially considering we all KNOW he's a moron.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow TIL Era doesn't like strong, smart women, who work in politics, and supports most of their social and political ideals, to throw their bid in for President.

No no, let's vote for Bernie...again!

El Bombastico

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

She got played by Trump. How do you expect her to fare against a GOP politician that's actually competant?

Oct 29, 2017
I don't even dislike her but the way she got played by Trump is a MASSIVE red flag.

That's the main reason I'm not excited about her anymore, especially when there are so many other options available.

She shouldn't have entertained that "Pocahantas" shit at all. Trump is going to say FAR worse if she actually wins the nomination, and I don't see her handling it well.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol your username and avatar fits a lot here OP. I like her and I think she'd make a great president.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Wow TIL Era doesn't like strong, smart women, who work in politics, and supports most of their social and political ideals, to throw their bid in for President.

I'm caucusing for Kamala as it stands right now. So don't try to paint the word misogynist over it. I also caucused and absolutely loved Hillary in 2016.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

Shrug. She can throw her bid in if she wants. I like her plenty. But, I don't think she'll win, she's not a strong candidate verse Trump, she's already shown this.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
She'd get eaten alive by Trump and galvanize his base. I say it all the time here but no one believes me, she is remarkably unpopular in Massachusetts considering how easily she won re-election. Many liberals are meh and Massachusetts republicans can't stand her.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018

The fuck is this post?

Spiderz

Oct 25, 2017
Trump got her to do a 360 windmill dunk on herself and I'm not sure she is going to recover from that. But at the same time, nothing seems to matter anymore, so who knows.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We're gonna have at least 6 solid candidates going into the primaries so I think we can expect at least 75% of people in any given topic to dislike whichever politician is the subject of the thread.

On the bright side we only have a year and a half left of primary season!

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
She's probably not going this to win it, or at least I hope not. Get a cabinet position, compete with Bernie's voting bloc to get him to quit earlier in the primaries. She's too damaged by scandals, like the DNA test, to succeed.