PunkSxE

Apr 9, 2020

View: https://x.com/odontinho/status/1835510737982099901?t=5Rp-cqYfhygRRLvbH8tP9g&s=19

For context: this is a municipal election debate. Both of these men are running to become mayors of São Paulo. The one who took the chair shot is Pablo Marçal, a far-right nutjob who used to be a coach and is now gaining traction amongst the fascists. The guy is such a scumbag that even Bolsonaro hates him.

The other guy is Datena, an old journalist known nationwide for being hot headed.

Marçal's tactics throughout his campaign is provoking and attacking the other candidates with fake news for the sake of creating content for his social medias. In this case, he provoked Datena using old allegations of sexual abuse (those never went anywhere for lack of proof). He then proceeded to say Datena was not man enough to hit him. The result is in the video.

OP
OP
PunkSxE

PunkSxE

Apr 9, 2020
The scumbag is already comparing the chair shot with Trump's assassination attempt lmao

1726465741042-png.1242922

DarthMasta

Feb 17, 2018
I dunno, it's one thing to survive an assassination attempt that comes out of nowhere, it's another to be there going "You're not man enough to do anything about it", and then, surprise, the other guy is man enough, and you look like a punk.

But who knows...

OP
OP
PunkSxE

PunkSxE

Apr 9, 2020
I dunno, it's one thing to survive an assassination attempt that comes out of nowhere, it's another to be there going "You're not man enough to do anything about it", and then, surprise, the other guy is man enough, and you look like a punk.

But who knows...
Oh, 100%. The only narrative he's getting out of this is that the alpha male who teaches you how to protect yourself from a shark attack can't protect himself from an old man with a chair.

ultraluna

Jun 3, 2020
jesus fucking christ i slept on the couch minutes before this happened
pablo marçal is abhorrent i wish i was the one hitting him with the chair
datena sucks too

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
jesus fucking christ i slept on the couch minutes before this happened
pablo marçal is abhorrent i wish i was the one hitting him with the chair
datena sucks too
yeah, this is 100% a "heartbreaking: worst guy you know just made a great point" situation

still. it was truly hilarious to see marçal all like "come on prove you're a man and hit me" just before getting a fucking chair to the face.

View: https://streamable.com/zw4dd8

Akiba756

Oct 1, 2020
Sao Paolo, Brazil
I cannot stress enough for non-portuguese speakers how perfectly timed this clip is

1) The guy just before he got hit: "You said yesterday in a interview that you wanted to slap me, but you aren't a man enough to do that"

2) some off screen voice calmly telling the guy who hit him to stop

3) The host calling the ad break while you can hear the guy shouting "You motherfucker!"

Also, brazillians were fast on the memes

f9f83a30-4f41-48c3-91b4-0857c1e2a8e1.png

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
So sad we don't have bluesky embeds for this thread

Because the edits are FIRE
Apparently, no Reddit embed also?

I laughed way too fucking much HAHAHA

Guy mobilized an entire infrastructure for what is essentially a non-urgent wound. Another piece of shit with way too much money.

Bruh, X is blocked here.

OP
OP
PunkSxE

PunkSxE

Apr 9, 2020
It's even a brazillian guy posting on twitter the video. One of those terminally addicted twitter users using VPN to post.
You don't need VPN to use Twitter here. There are thousands of Internet providers in Brazil. A bunch of them, in particular the smaller ones that offer their services to smaller areas or neighborhoods, didn't even care to take it down.

That's how a lot of people are still using Twitter without the need of a VPN.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
You don't need VPN to use Twitter here. There are thousands of Internet providers in Brazil. A bunch of them, in particular the smaller ones that offer their services to smaller areas or neighborhoods, didn't even care to take it down.

That's how a lot of people are still using Twitter without the need of a VPN.

My smaller internet provider did something so weird that the site don't open, but somehow sometimes embeds work xD