vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
8926e2ff52504fc3f155babb5536b8d9.jpg

We are thrilled to announce that ESO is now available as part of Xbox Cloud Gaming!

After a brief hiatus, we are very happy to share that The Elder Scrolls Online is once again part of Xbox Cloud Gaming, allowing you to play ESO anywhere you want to play. Xbox Cloud Gaming is available as part of an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription and can be experienced on a host of different devices.

In addition to a high-speed internet connection, there are other requirements you need to meet in order to play, so be sure to visit the Xbox Cloud Gaming official website and this guide and FAQ for everything you need to know to get started.

We can't wait to see the #ESOFam exploring Tamriel from the comfort of, well, almost anywhere! Are you planning to play ESO on the move? Let us know via Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.

---------

For some reason ESO was taken off XCloud and it has made its return for anyone interested. Save yourself the hundred+ GB download if you're slim on storage and want to check it out.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Really weird that it's not on PC Game Pass.

Anyway, ESO was probably taken off XCloud due to Stadia, but since that's now dead...

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
I want touch controls for it in the Game Pass app so I can do dailies on the toilet. Staying regular, as it were.

OP
OP
vixolus

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Really weird that it's not on PC Game Pass.

Anyway, ESO was probably taken off XCloud due to Stadia, but since that's now dead...
No it was on Cloud before, when Stadia was alive. it just had technical issues, similar to MSFS being a late cloud addition

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Great game you can deep in and out of, the content per pound is insane

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Was it brief? I remember it being a long ass time.

I played for months exclusively on xCloud (even had ESO+) and it was a fun time. There were definitely occasional issues where it just wouldn't connect to online servers and other weird things like that, especially after you disconnected once for any reason (like timeout for inactivity, for example).

Anyway, hope that's all fixed. Though... I hesitate to jump back in without the use of my unlimited craft bag and double storage :(. Game feels nigh on unplayable when 40% of my time is inventory management lol

Oct 27, 2017
The game works amazing on a portable device. I got it working on my Steam Deck, and I love that it will be available for more people to play that way. Kind of sucks that I don't think you can jump between the PC and Xbox versions, or else I'd take advantage of this to play at work.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
You can use your account on any platform AFAIK. I can use the character I made on PC years ago on Xbox.
No this isn't right. The PC to Xbox was a one time, one way transfer because they were moving to a blank database. There's no cross progression currently. I wish they combined all the platforms to one new database and added crossplay.

Helmhold

Dec 7, 2022
No this isn't right. The PC to Xbox was a one time, one way transfer because they were moving to a blank database. There's no cross progression currently. I wish they combined all the platforms to one new database and added crossplay.
The person you quoted and your reply was a Rollercoaster for me. I was about to commit big time into this if it had cross progression. Last time I played it didn't, but that first response almost sent me to the moon lol.