4goodmeasure

Apr 7, 2018
What's the official rules of Colin Moriarty on this forum? I've read he's banned but him and his network gets brought up quite a bit with seemingly no consequences.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
What's the official rules of Colin Moriarty on this forum? I've read he's banned but him and his network gets brought up quite a bit with seemingly no consequences.
I assume there's just no platforming him or his content in a positive way. Era has a long list of banned people/games/topics, and none of it is marked down for reference anywhere so you kind of just need to learn and infer rules. It's bizarre

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't ENTIRELY disagree, but there's obviously a difference when one of them was with EZA for seven years and comes back as a guest.
I don't personally agree, I think it would be peak hypocrisy if Brad started working for Colin and people here who took issue with Dustin welcomed him back to EZA as a guest. But I can't control how others see things

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I don't personally agree, I think it would be peak hypocrisy if Brad started working for Colin and people here who took issue with Dustin welcomed him back to EZA as a guest. But I can't control how others see things
So you don't think Brad having been a part of EZA for the past seven years makes a difference?

With Brad, it's "Oh the guy we loved as part of EZA is back as a guest." With Dustin it's "Oh a guy from Last Stand Media is on EZA?"

And to be clear, I wasn't on board with decrying having Dustin on (though I didn't think EZA's response was nearly as bad as LSM fans acted like it was), but I wouldn't see it as very hypocritical for people who know Brad a lot more than "someone from LSM."

pioneer

May 31, 2022
I'm not down with anyone would chooses to work for Colin and if that's Brad, I wouldn't want to see him on EZA content either. It would be easier to stomach if they didn't promote LSM as part of his appearance, but they've given us every reason to believe they're siding with their audience that has no problem with it.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
So you don't think Brad having been a part of EZA for the past seven years makes a difference?
Not personally, no. No one had an issue with Dustin as a person, we all agreed he could be a perfectly nice guy. I think the issue people had with Dustin was that he's part of LSM and thus helps to platform Colin and content that holds views and opinions that I and people here don't agree with. If Brad worked there, I think it would be hypocritical to not hold him accountable in the same way. Otherwise, there should have been no issue having Dustin on EZA

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Not personally, no. No one had an issue with Dustin as a person, we all agreed he could be a perfectly nice guy. I think the issue people had with Dustin was that he's part of LSM and thus helps to platform Colin and content that holds views and opinions that I and people here don't agree with. If Brad worked there, I think it would be hypocritical to not hold him accountable in the same way. Otherwise, there should have been no issue having Dustin on EZA
But that's the thing, people didn't KNOW Dustin, so they could only go by assuming the best ("I'm sure he's a perfectly nice guy"). They don't have seven years of history with him prior to LSM to build up a level of trust.

And, as pioneer said, I think many of the people who were upset with EZA having Dustin on probably wouldn't really want to see Brad on EZA anyway if he does join LSM (particularly if he/they promote LSM while he's on there).

As for myself, I will watch if Brad is guest at EZA and be happy to see him, but I won't be watching LSM even IF Brad joins. I don't like Colin's combative vengeful personality or his libertarian politics and platforming of people who don't need to be platformed. But that's me. I wish Brad the best in whatever he does, regardless.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
But that's the thing, people didn't KNOW Dustin, so they could only go by assuming the best ("I'm sure he's a perfectly nice guy"). They don't have seven years of history with him prior to LSM to build up a level of trust.

And, as pioneer said, I think many of the people who were upset with EZA having Dustin on probably wouldn't really want to see Brad on EZA anyway if he does join LSM (particularly if he/they promote LSM while he's on there).

As for myself, I will watch if Brad is guest at EZA and be happy to see him, but I won't be watching LSM even IF Brad joins. I don't like Colin's combative vengeful personality or his libertarian politics and platforming of people who don't need to be platformed. But that's me. I wish Brad the best in whatever he does, regardless.
Yeah, that's a totally valid perspective. I think it's also a totally valid perspective to view it as realizing we maybe didn't know Brad as well as we thought we did, and working there is actually betraying years of built up trust. But everyone will have their own perspective and own lines, I'm obviously only speaking for myself

Last edited:

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
It feels like the calm before the storm in this thread right now.

Please, even if you're not following Brad to his next endeavor, let's not make him feel scorned from the community that he helped create. I hope we're able to see Brad come back and collab with the allies like Kyle and Jones do.
Nah fuck that. If Brad chooses to associate with that shit company I have no problem calling that out.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like the calm before the storm in this thread right now.

Please, even if you're not following Brad to his next endeavor, let's not make him feel scorned from the community that he helped create. I hope we're able to see Brad come back and collab with the allies like Kyle and Jones do.
Idk man, if Brad joins LSM then certain things will add up over the years. His "Ultima Brad" character still came out at times, and that's definitely the type of person to join LSM.

If Brad worked there, I think it would be hypocritical to not hold him accountable in the same way.
100%

And to take it further, that's very likely what Colin wants, to bridge that gap and bring LSM to more people with exactly that ammo you speak of at the ready.

It's a very smart move by Colin to get Brad from The Most Progressive Group/Community TM to join LSM. It'll be interesting* around here if that happens.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Also if Huber works for KF and considers some variation of Mysterious Monsters, that would work extremely well on there. The guests they would get would be incredible as well, Greg Miller has a lot of contacts in a lot of places.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Also if Huber works for KF and considers some variation of Mysterious Monsters, that would work extremely well on there. The guests they would get would be incredible as well, Greg Miller has a lot of contacts in a lot of places.

In the 2023 Year in Review podcast someone asked for more detail on what part time means, and one thing Isla talked about was Mysterious Monsters. It sounds like EZA will produce a few more episodes at least, but she is going to shop it around. She has various levels of budget mapped out. But it's not Huber's show. Isla and Jason created it, and I don't think Huber would do a version of it without them.

Also, congratulations to Isla for winning Fantasy Critic once again, and congratulations to Don for finally not being last. I look forward to Jones streaming as Spongebob (or some character from that game).

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Isla, has she talked at all about anything that's been going on? Blood and Gabby took the blunt of the community ire, but Isla is one of the managers of EZA now, any comments that I missed?

Slashlen

Oct 25, 2017
As expected, Brad's on LSM now.

Mod edit: this site does not provide Colin Moriarty with a platform

Last edited by a moderator:

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What a twat. Colin is calculated as fuck. Brad really said "F y'all" on the way out and I had a feeling over the years he was tired of having the mask on.

It is what it is. I hope we don't see many doom posts over this.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
What a twat. Colin is calculated as fuck. Brad really said "F y'all" on the way out and I had a feeling over the years he was tired of having the mask on.

It is what it is. I hope we don't see many doom posts over this.

In a way, I guess it's better late than never that his true self has come out. Hopefully, the others can move on to better things in life.

MarcoGorgar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rio de Janeiro
HAHA I knew it!
I've always been suspicious of his way in some answers, when they involved something more controversial, or about differences between people, politics and he said more than once: "whatever man"

Well, take note, now Brad will show his true face. We have already received the slap in the face.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh well. I'll continue to support Brad by following his Twitch channel and whenever he appears on an EZA podcast

demu

AVALANCHE
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I think it's likely that Huber will be a guest on that show in the future. I always had my suspicions about him...

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Sometimes money talks. Yeah, it sucks, but that's the world we live in. I've had some pretty awful employers over the years that I didn't agree with, but they paid well, and kept me from being homeless.

I wish the world was a nicer place, in general, but I'm not going to fault Brad for making a living wage now.

Venj

Apr 13, 2023
I definitely like Brad. I'm not going to follow LSM for him, but I definitely hope he will be back from time to time on some EZA content and that it won't be a big controversy every time. And I'm definitely following his twitch channel.

And to anyone saying that Brad is now showing his true face or something like that... not everything is black and white. Brad is not suddenly a bigot (nor was he a secret bigot) because he chose to work with LSM.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Funny how he just copy pasted the Frame Trap format.

Brad has always been on the lower rung of the EZA totem for me. I wish him well but it's deuces.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Nothing changes about EZA for me, except I'll have to test my will not to watch any content Brad is on even if it means missing out on the precious rare Bosman guest appearance. The messages I could send, have been sent. Nothing new to say.

I'll keep my impression of who Brad is, as it's been build up over years. If I hear about him agreeing with Colin or pushing back against Colin on a podcast, that picture will be adjusted one direction or the other. But that's the only time I want to hear about him going forward. Otherwise he'll be non-existant.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's certainly disappointing, especially with Colin being such a shit about it all these past few months (and still is, with that intro post). That's what you go to? Bye I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna hold out on saying Brad is now showing his "true colors" but it's not a great look. I definitely won't be following him or watching any of his EZA collabs. He was always lower tier for me, mostly because he wasn't as front-facing at GT as the others. I grew to like him in theory, but I also didn't watch a single episode of the post-Ben FT, so that might clue you in to my true feelings.

I do think it's more important than ever to support EZA, if only to stick it to Colin. I'm sure he (and his cronies/followers, judging by the YT comments) would love to be the "cause" of their downfall. (Although, I'm fairly certain this move came about because EZA was going part-time, not the other way around.)

The thing I'm most fearful of is any EZA person showing up on his show. That might be when I tap out.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
lol that show even has Sort it Out and Keep it Up, my eyes damn-near rolled out of my head.

fully expected, anyone who thought differently was naive. shame

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely like Brad. I'm not going to follow LSM for him, but I definitely hope he will be back from time to time on some EZA content and that it won't be a big controversy every time. And I'm definitely following his twitch channel.

And to anyone saying that Brad is now showing his true face or something like that... not everything is black and white. Brad is not suddenly a bigot (nor was he a secret bigot) because he chose to work with LSM.

Even if Brad is not a bigot, working for Colin Moriarty proves that being a bigot is not a dealbreaker, and that in itself is reprehensible.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope MinnMax doesn't do an exit interview with Brad. Ultima bozo.
Thankfully, I think Ben only does those when people either leave the industry or start their own thing. It's not usually with people who make lateral moves. Or in this case, moves that greatly call into question the character of the individual, especially when it appears this was done out of malice.

EZA doesn't need Brad. Never did. I hope they thrive after this.

Ddalgi

Aug 7, 2019
A shame on the one hand, as this means that I can't really follow more of his content, as I don't want to deal with Colin (and the first episode literally has him). But still happy for him to have a new job, at the end of the day. Since he has his own twitch channel, at least I can follow some solo streams, if they happen.

As for the response here, hardly surprising. Of course the usual "I have always known" responses are coming out now, it's really predictable.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thankfully, I think Ben only does those when people either leave the industry or start their own thing. It's not usually with people who make lateral moves. Or in this case, moves that greatly call into question the character of the individual, especially when it appears this was done out of malice.

EZA doesn't need Brad. Never did. I hope they thrive after this.
Ben's too smart to make that move to interview Brad anyway. He wouldn't risk it.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit shitty that a founder of EZA jumped to ship to a place run by a guy that has talked shit about EZA. I know money matters, but I just can't imagine creating something, having it insulted by someone shitty, and then going to work for them. I would exhaust as many options as possible before compromising my own self worth that way.

Goes without saying, but I won't be following Brad at LSM. And when he shows up on EZA content, if there is any LSM promotion (and I can't imagine there won't be), I won't watch it.

EZA is in a tough spot for me. I like the 6 of them, but the whole LSM issue is not going away. And they may only be getting further entwined. I imagine I am going to hit a final breaking point soon enough.

Jul 10, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Attacking other members over concerns of bigotry, prior severe ban for downplaying bigotry
Funny how these people are in here talking about Brad " taking his mask off", when all it took was this for you people to turn on him.

Yzec

Dec 11, 2019
Belgium
The most disappointing thing to me is for Ben Moore's podcast (one of the best this business has ever seen) to live on spiritually on THAT platform.

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I dropped off EZA around the time they did their weird flip flopping over the banned game, and this whole situation's been a mess from the beginning. This move is not surprising, but it sure shits on Ben (Moore)'s legacy and what he created at EZA. He's carrying over the literal same format copy/paste to his new place.

Funny how these people are in here talking about Brad " taking his mask off", when all it took was this for you people to turn on him.
Not sure you know what the expression "taking off the mask" means if that's your interpretation then.
Edit: Banned anyway.