• If you have been following the news, you should be aware that the people of Lebanon have been under a violent bombardment that has recently escalated. Please consider donating to help them if you can or trying to spread word of the fundraiser.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://youtu.be/Uh5kGMnnFws

Arriving as part of the game's Summer of Horrors, the update overhauls the night experience - ushering in darker nights by significantly reducing visibility and having the infected, like Volatiles, show up in more locations.

The Good Night, Good Luck update introduces more parkour improvements including new animations, increased control while airborne, and the ability to maintain momentum. There's also a new parkour style so players can decide whether they want more control over their movement (Physical mode) or whether they prefer assisted gameplay. Explore Dying Light 2's Community Maps, which are coming to PC as part of the update and will be coming to consoles and Steam Deck soon.

I bought dying light 2 ages ago on sale and I never really fired it up as I was waiting for improvements .

With this and the last few updates I feel like it's finally worth checking out again.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Having recently played and beat the game (gore update), looks like this could be a nice improvement. I think anyone that played the first to the second can say night was a disappoint in DL2.

mogwai00

Mar 24, 2018
I really appreciate their post-launch efforts.
Too bad the game sucks very hard in some core features.

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
not a game that i'll ever revisit, but i gotta applaud the devs for consistently supporting their games. They gave similar treatment to the first one, too.

Bessy67

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Having recently played and beat the game (gore update), looks like this could be a nice improvement. I think anyone that played the first to the second can say night was a disappoint in DL2.
Eh, I actually liked night better in 2. Hopefully with this update they find a happy medium between DL2's too easy and DL1's literally 100 volatiles chasing you if you ever touch the ground

Jun 5, 2023
Man I was having fun in this game, but the pacing, constant 5 to 8 minute conversations before and after every mission was tedious. The gameplay was fantastic, and the Co-op was fun, but I am so tired of sitting down to play the game and having to listen to a dude talk for 10 minutes and run somewhere for 3 minutes then get to play the game. Might go back in with this update.

mogwai00

Mar 24, 2018
Did you enjoy thee first game? Is there anything this one does worse than that?

I enjoyed the first game but slept on the sequel.

I really enjoyed the first game and The Following.
Played them three times.

DL2 has some good stuff, but is quite different (and in my opinion inferior) in comparison.
And if zombies physics and nights can be patched, I seriously doubt that open world and mission design will ever be fixed.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017

As someone who hasn't played it since launch, I'd say the overall level design is worse than the first game. Obviously everything is much "bigger" and more expansive in DL2, but I much prefer DL1's more emphasis on staying above the streets. It's odd, DL2 gives you a lot more options to do just that but it almost like it funnels you to stay largely on the streets regardless.

Oct 30, 2017
I bought dying light 2 ages ago on sale and I never really fired it up as I was waiting for improvements .

With this and the last few updates I feel like it's finally worth checking out again.

This is me, loved 1 but didn't get 2 because of the negativity. Got it on sale right before the gore update but didn't touch as I saw there was an upcoming parkour update. Excited to jump on board.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
I really enjoyed the first game and The Following.
Played them three times.

DL2 has some good stuff, but is quite different (and in my opinion inferior) in comparison.
And if zombies physics and nights can be patched, I seriously doubt that open world and mission design will ever be fixed.

As someone who hasn't played it since launch, I'd say the overall level design is worse than the first game. Obviously everything is much "bigger" and more expansive in DL2, but I much prefer DL1's more emphasis on staying above the streets. It's odd, DL2 gives you a lot more options to do just that but it almost like it funnels you to stay largely on the streets regardless.

Thanks guys. Might grab it after a few patches when I just need a chill out game.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019

It did pretty much everything worse at launch, but now it's actually good. If it goes on a considerable sale I'd grab it and wait for a few more updates to roll in and then play it

Note that you can mod out most of the worst problems that are still there if you play on PC