• Not Like Us

Votes: 287 40.8%
  • Other

Votes: 14 2.0%

• Total voters

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
brooklyneagle.com

The Drake-Kendrick Lamar social media firestorm that burned one reporter’s reputation

Christopher Alvarez finds himself caught up in a media firestorm that involves the bitter rap battle between Drake and Kendrick Lamar.

Good article, Chris Alvarez caught a clip full of strays from the clout chasing EbonyPrince. I feel sorry for him.
I thought it was curious that EbonyPrince was insinuating that Alvarez was (disrespected/assaulted/whatever) when Alvarez is a disability rights reporter. You'd think he'd have said something. Glad he put he was able to put his own article out.

Also sad to hear that someone was fired for simply letting him into the hotel.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
GNfVj1JWUAMr7m1
Kendrick officially won

AK deactivated his insta

Ak looking compromised.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Damn, sounds like Alvarez was getting trash msgs from both sides of the stan wars. As expected the Ebony twitter account was full of bullshit about some issue between Alvarez and Drake.

zerosnake99

Oct 25, 2018
Oscarmayer really out there hopping on board the train and tagging him

bsky.app

Jeff Gerstmann (@jeffgerstmann.com)

Maybe unsurprising that brands are trying to hop on the virality of all this anti-Drake stuff, but something about the hot dog people getting in on this action--which carries accusations of, like, child trafficking in it--is perhaps a little bleak? They even fucking tagged him on it, ha.

jlPbyBV.png
Him calling Ak a dumbass on his podcast was pretty good.
youtu.be

Xbox Closes Some Bethesda Studios | The Jeff Gerstmann Show 100

It's time for a video game podcast! Today's latest news: Hades II is out in Early Access, let’s talk about it! Also: Xbox shuts down Arkane Austin, Tango Gam...

Last edited:

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
So ignoring the riddler stuff on how Kendrick got the album art for MtG. The stuff on there doesn't really relate to any of the songs tbh. Just a thing to magnify the legitimacy of his claims, truth or not. Probably an image the mole gave Kendrick's team since they were already feeding him Drake's moves. Someone in Drake's circle probably really hates him.

My takeaway from all this is that Kendrick outplayed Drake in every step. Wasn't even playing on the same board tbh.

Euphoria and 6:16 seeded stuff that will make the next songs be more impactful. Also contained were warnings of what's to come if Drake takes a personal angle which he did so all gloves are off once he opened that floodgate.

Both could be lying on certain levels but the problem is Drake's lies don't stick much and a lot are poor interpretations of Mr Morale. While Kendrick used a lot of things that are already floating about Drake and magnified it making them resonate with the people making them more believable as truths. And it really helps that he has disdain for Drake for the longest time.

I feel like Kendrick was even willing to reach out to Drake and wanted a friendly competition but Drake just had to go there and set off landmines.

Kendrick strategizing and planning out everything makes this super interesting. He played everything right. The theming of each song too was Kendrick all throughout. You could say he can make concept album out of this and it just Drake unfortunately in the crosshairs.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like Kendrick was even willing to reach out to Drake and wanted a friendly competition but Drake just had to go there and set off landmines.
drake not mentioning family was the only timeline out of 20 million where he could've won or got a tie

idk why dude has to mention significant others every time. even though he tried to fry Rocky, it just ended up coming off salty because he mentioned Rihanna again. Aubrey has next to nothing in his bag without mentioning wives/gfs/exes lol

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
drake not mentioning family was the only timeline out of 20 million where he could've won or got a tie

idk why dude has to mention significant others every time. even though he tried to fry Rocky, it just ended up coming off salty because he mentioned Rihanna again. Aubrey has next to nothing in his bag without mentioning wives/gfs/exes lol

I agree with everything you said about Drake, but those Rocky bars landed. I don't know what Rocky was thinking but "I hit your BM first" is a stupid insult, especially when thrown at someone who can say the same thing back.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
There was a celebrity blind item awhile ago about the rapper Dutchavelli doing some sick shit to a dog on video, and Drake spreading the word about him being a sick fuck.

Apparently, that video is now going around, and it was sent to DJ academics who watched it in stunned silence on his livestream — though you can hear parts of it through the audio. It sounds fucking horrible.

Anyway, no one fact checks anything so now people are spreading the lie that it is Drake in the video with the dog. But, as I said, the blind item only claimed Drake knew about the tape, not that he was involved in any way.

So the dog noises were Ak's dogs, not from a video he was supposedly watching of the dutchaveli dude.
Also he says he wasnt watching that vid, he was looking at an article about The Mark Hotel, which is why he had that face while reading it.

View: https://twitter.com/drakesattorney/status/1790204311320002934

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with everything you said about Drake, but those Rocky bars landed. I don't know what Rocky was thinking but "I hit your BM first" is a stupid insult, especially when thrown at someone who can say the same thing back.
If Drake hadn't been sneak dissing Rihanna for like the 50th time maybe it would have hit harder. Not to mention, he right after compliments Rocky on being a successful family man. He could have brought up his arrest in Sweden and Trump having to bail him out, but nope.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
If Drake hadn't been sneak dissing Rihanna for like the 50th time maybe it would have hit harder. Not to mention, he right after compliments Rocky on being a successful family man. He could have brought up his arrest in Sweden and Trump having to bail him out, but nope.

I mean, he just replied to what Rocky said… with the obvious thing to say back to Rocky. Rocky had a million ways to come at Drake, and , of all things chose to brag about sleeping with Drake's BM first.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, he just replied to what Rocky said… with the obvious thing to say back to Rocky. Rocky had a million ways to come at Drake, and , of all things chose to brag about sleeping with Drake's BM first.
Nothing is more harmful than manipulating Drake into remembering he had a chance with Rihanna.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing is more harmful than manipulating Drake into remembering he had a chance with Rihanna.

Hey that's fine in general.

But bragging that you hit his BM first, to a person that hit your BM and current partner first isn't clever.

Also not clever to talk about Drakes album coming and going, when "Testing" Was his last effort.

Flacko had a bad approach to a Drake dis and got himself washed. Luckily, Kendrick burried Family Matters.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
Is it really over? Kinda wish Kendrick replied at least one final time, feels like kind of an unfulfilling ending to the beef. To compare the situation to DBZ, we're at the point where Frieza was cut in half and throws out one last blast to try to defeat Goku, but Goku hasn't fired back yet.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Is it really over? Kinda wish Kendrick replied at least one final time, feels like kind of an unfulfilling ending to the beef. To compare the situation to DBZ, we're at the point where Frieza was cut in half and throws out one last blast to try to defeat Goku, but Goku hasn't fired back yet.

Way too early for anyone to say either way. Hasn't really been any signs in either direction.

I personally think it's unlikely it's over as Drake cannot just leave this without saying something again and Kendrick seemingly has more songs, but it is certainly possible.

For Kendrick to have released a new diss already would be pretty stupid too as it would cannibalise streams from Not Like Us. It's possible he isn't going to release any more but it's just as possible he's waiting for that to die down a bit.

Last edited:

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

Way too early for anyone to say either way. Hasn't really been any signs in either direction.

I personally think it's unlikely it's over as Drake cannot just leave this without saying something again and Kendrick seemingly has more songs, but it is certainly possible.

For Kendrick to have released a new diss already would be pretty stupid too as it would cannibalise streams from Not Like Us. It's possible he isn't going to release any more but it's just as possible he's waiting for that to die down a bit.

This current battle is definitely over.

Drake waved the white flag twice. And Top Dawg put out that tweet saying it's finished.

It's possible tempers flare again, but my guess is Drake realizes he has no angles. The Heart part 6 came and went, and NLU only grew during the same timespan.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kendrick subs Drake every now and again, but I doubt Drake will do any directs in retaliation. Drake might not even sub anymore, because he really doesn't want to hear what Dot has in stock.

Last edited:

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Hey that's fine in general.

But bragging that you hit his BM first, to a person that hit your BM and current partner first isn't clever.

Also not clever to talk about Drakes album coming and going, when "Testing" Was his last effort.

Flacko had a bad approach to a Drake dis and got himself washed. Luckily, Kendrick burried Family Matters.
We're gonna have to agree to disagree. Drake was being too nice with a little bit of bitterness.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
We're gonna have to agree to disagree. Drake was being too nice with a little bit of bitterness.

Yeah agree to disagree… literally every bar Rocky had for Drake applies to Rocky himself. Pointing that out is the obvious play and is really the only response that approach deserves.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this recently, and it poped up again today on Reddit. Lots of people here will have seen it, but sharing for anyone who hasn't.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=5OIcQcnVj-U

Kendrick went to write a hook for EM, and when he was there was asked if he could do a verse too, but sent everyone else out the room. Kendrick says he felt like it was a test, to see if he actually could write the bars he does.

His verse on the song is great too. Just knocked it out then and there.

And of course I imagine how Drake would have handled it, being sat down by Eminem and asked if they could just write a verse for him on his own in like 40 minutes.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this recently, and it poped up again today on Reddit. Lots of people here will have seen it, but sharing for anyone who hasn't.

Kendrick went to write a hook for EM, and when he was there was asked if he could do a verse too, but sent everyone else out the room. Kendrick says he felt like it was a test, to see if he actually could write the bars he does.

And of course I imagine how Drake would have handled it, being sat down by Eminem and asked if they could just write a verse for him on his own in like 40 minutes.

I read about this story, but never saw the discussion. Drake would never have been able to keep up with em and dot on this type of song

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

So that was the actual story about that verse. The rumor was that he had a verse so go that Em believe he didn't write so he made go to a room by himself to write it.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
These Drake fans are unbelievable, they're now saying Drake made/helped DJ Mustard's career because Not Like Us is his first #1 that he produced.

They're doing EVERYTHING in their power to give Drake all the props for this hit record.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
These Drake fans are unbelievable, they're now saying Drake made/helped DJ Mustard's career because Not Like Us is his first #1 that he produced.

They're doing EVERYTHING in their power to give Drake all the props for this hit record.

It's true though.

Kendrick and Mustard charting as high as they are right now is solely due to Drake being involved~

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
It's funny because Drake couldn't go number 1 based off this beef while 3 of Kendrick's songs outperformed Drake's Family Matters

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
And there's no reason for it. There is nothing wrong with taking the L, everyone does at some point in their life. But this outright refusal to accept it by twisting logic is astounding.

True but I ain't never caught a L from the whole world singing a song calling me a pedo😭😭😭

WOP WOP WOP

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

Thank you Drake, for being such an insufferable creep that a song about you being a colonialist pedophile reached #1.

And thank you for being so selfless that you allowed 3 records dissing you to handily outperform your own music during this period.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
That'll be enough of the poll for just Era. Here's the results:

1st place - A Minor: 48 votes
2nd place - Hide the Bible: 37 votes
3rd place - I'm the biggest hater: 33 votes
4th place - Certified Loverboy: 32 votes
Tied for 5th place - What is it, the braids?; Metro, make some drums; you a fuckin' colonizer: 25 votes
8th place - Your son's a sick man: 24 votes
9th place - Dear Adonis: 23 votes
10th place - Lemme see you push a tee: 21 votes.

Most surprising - What is it, the braids? Thought that would be top 3, for sure.
Least surprising - A Minor. It is THE bar of the beef.

Too low - Kendrick, we need ya. It's basically THE meme of the beef.
Too High - I'm the biggest hater. It's good but top 3 good is wild.

I'll be throwing this up on Twitter sometime today.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Not meaning to be mean, just curious what the most reposted meme/tweet/response is ITT lol.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
It's true though.

Kendrick and Mustard charting as high as they are right now is solely due to Drake being involved~

If that was true how come Drake wasn't able to do it?

Obviously it helped a lot, because hip hop hates Drake

But using the world "Solely" here is wild, Kendrick is one of the world's biggest artists and this is one of his best songs. The Mustard beat being so danceable solidifies everything