sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
The newest entry of the Dragon Quest franchise, Dragon Quest Walk has been announced in the recent Dragon Quest stream.

The game will launch for Ios and Android in Japan on 2019.

The game seems to be heavily inspired from Pokemon Go.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They pretty much said "it's pokémon go with DQ monsters". Fair, the franchise has great monsters.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
The last bit (12:25) make it look like you will be fighting monsters. I don't care about DQ, but if this come West, I've a couple of friends that will love it

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I quite like that trailer. I like the use of 'real' mobile phone shot footage in stead of those cinematic Pokémon GO ones. It fits the type of game.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Honestly kind of surprised this didn't come sooner.

So just to clarify, this is not the thing on the 10th, right?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if it will come stateside. Also I guess this was the DQ announcement we were waiting for.

Excitemike

Dec 20, 2017
Honestly kind of surprised this didn't come sooner.

So just to clarify, this is not the thing on the 10th, right?

The Shonen Jump "surprising reveal"? Yeah, it's this. If you were thinking it would be an E3 reveal for Smash, the lead time needed for print would mean the info would get leaked early.

Excitemike

Dec 20, 2017
Would it even work outside Japan? It looks like they have a Tokyo Tower in that screenshot. It could be GPS locked.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
The Shonen Jump "surprising reveal"? Yeah, it's this. If you were thinking it would be an E3 reveal for Smash, the lead time needed for print would mean the info would get leaked early.
Nah I didn't think it was anything related to Smash (though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly suspicious of that final shot of Erdrick's sword), I was just curious if there was something else coming. Guess not.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
This will never be released outside of Japan...

sigh

PUmYpEn.gif

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! I'll be living in Japan starting September, so perfect. I have AT&T though, so I won't have 4G, meaning not perfect.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can get quests from NPCs (with actual portraits and dialogue) and then will have to walk to places in real life to complete the quests.

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hardcore against the idea of a Pokemon Go kind of thing, but then I see Dragon Quest monsters and I just don't know if I can resist

augh

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
I would lose 20 pounds from playing this if it ever came out in the west, but it doesn't seem likely. Should make my next visit to Japan (whenever that may be :'-( ) pretty exciting, though.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that looks fucking amazing. I loved the trailer, the monsters really blended well with the people.